Hot Deals

[Sobeys] 10% Off Air Canada Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 11:00 pm
Oct 8, 2010
25 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener
Saved over $200 using the gift cards to purchase 4 tickets. Unfortunately I had to do 4 separate bookings since each of the tickets was roughly $600. The agent on the phone was very helpful and did it all for me with no issues, and he linked the bookings indicating that the people are travelling together.

Yes, I do not have insurance etc that I would normally have if I were to use the credit card, but these are direct flights so I don't expect that to be an issue (in fact I have never used CC insurance due to a delayed flight/lost luggage).

To reiterate, you can only use 2 forms of payment which does include 2 gift cards, meaning you can only use 2 gift cars, or 1 gift card/1 CC.

Also in my case, since the ticket was $600, it did not make sense for me to use the masterpass deal since it would send me a $60 eGift card to use at a later time. I would rather save %10 now (and more +4% for the grocery cashback).
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
1528 posts
507 upvotes
The NORTH
ibuddler wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:00 pm
They charge fee for that?
LOL, it's Air Canada... What do they do that doesn't have a fee connected? I'm waiting for the next announcement that they will charge a fee to use the flight attendant call button in the plane. You know, people pressing that button should be charged as they are diverting flight attendants from helping everyone to focus on one person, shouldn't that person have to pay since they are inconveniencing everyone else?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
1528 posts
507 upvotes
The NORTH
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:12 am
Plus 4% for those with cc's that offer that cash back on grocery purchases.

AC really wants us to not earn aeropesos anymore.
What's an aeropeso?
Jul 25, 2015
43 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Otakoo wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 8:15 pm
Is $500 the maximum I can put on a gift card?
Yes, the ones in store are variable load up to $500.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1295 posts
319 upvotes
RightOnEh wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 8:47 pm
Yes, the ones in store are variable load up to $500.
So u can do a value of ur choice then? Ie $460?
May 27, 2017
8 posts
37 upvotes
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Seks wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 10:56 pm
So u can do a value of ur choice then? Ie $460?
Yes, you can load $50 to $500 to the Air Canada Gift Card.
Mar 4, 2009
698 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
RightOnEh wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:41 pm
Bought $500 today. Just FYI, the gift card is not sealed, but it does have a PIN hidden by a scratch area. Also, to check the balance online, you need the postal code tied to your credit card. So I assume you'd need that to use the card as well. Seems pretty secure.
Can anyone confirm this? Do you need to enter the postal code when using the GC? that would be additional security making the card safer.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
1528 posts
507 upvotes
The NORTH
last_sd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:14 am
Can anyone confirm this? Do you need to enter the postal code when using the GC? that would be additional security making the card safer.
How would you even do that if you paid cash or debit? It would be nice if gift card companies did SOMETHING to address security.
Mar 4, 2009
698 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:17 am
How would you even do that if you paid cash or debit? It would be nice if gift card companies did SOMETHING to address security.
Well you can always hide that option, if the GC was bought using cash.
Debit would also have postal code attached to it.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
1528 posts
507 upvotes
The NORTH
last_sd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:19 am
Well you can always hide that option, if the GC was bought using cash.
Debit would also have postal code attached to it.
Wait, what? Your credit card has a billing address attached to making linking your postal code to the gift card easier. Your debit card doesn't have your postal code attached to it, that would require banks sharing personal information with gift card companies... Or am I missing something??? Because that sounds stupid.
Mar 4, 2009
698 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:06 am
Wait, what? Your credit card has a billing address attached to making linking your postal code to the gift card easier. Your debit card doesn't have your postal code attached to it, that would require banks sharing personal information with gift card companies... Or am I missing something??? Because that sounds stupid.
Maybe you are right. But we are getting away from the point. Since they ask postal code for checking the balance of the gift card, I thought they might ask for that when using the gift card as well.
Jul 23, 2015
30 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
kr0zet wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:06 am
Thanks OP. Bought a few GCs on the weekend.

When checking the GC balance on Air Canada's website, it required the card #, pin and the postal code of Sobeys store where I purchased the GC from. It doesn't tell you what postal code you have to enter from the website. I tried my home's postal code and it didn't work, then the postal code of the Sobeys store and it work. I have to Google the store's postal code, it is not on the receipt.
Nov 11, 2017
7 posts
Can we stack this with the Masterpass promo from the other thread?