• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 7:12 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 22, 2011
22 posts
3 upvotes

Social Condos - Church and Dundas

Has anyone been looking at Social Condos at Church & Dundas by Pemberton. Not too sure about the area and the pricing but seems like an up and coming area.
42 replies
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1472 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
Ok. Area is in yonge and dundas but it's on east , close to moss park which is not desirable.

From what i read.... It's around 1000$ psqft??? Too expensive for me given the mediocre location.

I wonder what the artist alley condo 2 will be priced at. I like that area a lot better than yonge and dundas.
Delete account because there are way too many idiots on rfd
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
4985 posts
1037 upvotes
Toronto
burning123 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:56 pm
Has anyone been looking at Social Condos at Church & Dundas by Pemberton. Not too sure about the area and the pricing but seems like an up and coming area.
Pemberton is a pretty solid developer (can't say as much about their grandchildren though).
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Mortgage Agent and Real Estate Sales Representative
[OP]
Sep 22, 2011
22 posts
3 upvotes
Pricing is at $950/sq ft for certain units. It appears that every pre construction in downtown Toronto is going for around the $1000 mark.

Currently the area is decent at best, but over the years it will get better as there's are many new buildings going up with fleur condos only a block away.

I'm sure alley condos will be priced at more than $1000+....
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1025 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
burning123 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:20 pm
Pricing is at $950/sq ft for certain units. It appears that every pre construction in downtown Toronto is going for around the $1000 mark.

Currently the area is decent at best, but over the years it will get better as there's are many new buildings going up with fleur condos only a block away.

I'm sure alley condos will be priced at more than $1000+....
Got email today about available units and smaller ones are all over $1000 per SQ FT, only 3 bedroom one is bit less than $1000 SQFT. Looks like above 1000 is a new norm for downtown.
Nov 9, 2017
22 posts
10 upvotes
Location is actually not bad, only a few mins walk from Yonge and Dundas, Pemberton is also a solid builder, the price seems a bit high at >1K psqf, but seems like nothing in DT core now is going below 1K psft, Panda which is just 300m away is going crazy at 1.2K average psqf
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
5162 posts
1067 upvotes
I always laugh when people complain about the location and then talk about King West.

King West used to be a shit box. If you want to make a good investment and are willing to stay for the long haul, you pick a location that is on the rise but before people know about it. This area is close to the subway, a University, stores, bars, etc. Is it a little grumpy? Yes, but the potential is there and if you know about future projects going up in the area, this area will look very different in 5-10 years.

Go buy in a already established trendy area and pay the over inflated premium for that but if you want to come out further ahead this is an excellent location long term. They’re building all around this location and you’re right next to the subway which is huge.

Haven’t looked at the project. Pemberton is ok developer and design looks good except for the podium but that’s no biggie.

OP are you looking for yourself to live in or rent out?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5288 posts
832 upvotes
Dann384476 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:46 pm
Location is actually not bad, only a few mins walk from Yonge and Dundas, Pemberton is also a solid builder, the price seems a bit high at >1K psqf, but seems like nothing in DT core now is going below 1K psft, Panda which is just 300m away is going crazy at 1.2K average psqf
Dundas / Church is alright but I wouldn't go much further East of there.

Dated a girl who lived around Dundas and Jarvis and it was pretty sketch walking there at night, and I am big guy.
Oct 5, 2015
59 posts
38 upvotes
It is only 300m from Eaton centre, not sure how sketchy it is but location seems superb to me
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1025 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
bluedrg11 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 10:24 pm
It is only 300m from Eaton centre, not sure how sketchy it is but location seems superb to me
Sketchiness increases with every meter east of Dundas square.
Oct 5, 2015
59 posts
38 upvotes
It seems all 1 bed room plus den have been sold out, I asked several agents on the particular models I like and none have, price has also gone up by 20k from last released I was told
Jan 15, 2010
326 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
I love the DT East area but at > $1000 PSF I would try to be south of Queen. Even down by Front/King where the DRL will eventually have a stop you should be able to find something for similar price.
Oct 5, 2015
59 posts
38 upvotes
There is nothing below 1k psqft anywhere in DT core for new construction really
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1472 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
Just over 1 yr ago, i got precon in yorkville for around low 900 $ psqft at a relatively high floor incl. Floor premiums.

Never wouldve thought someone would be paying over 1100$ in yonge and dundas one year later.lol
Delete account because there are way too many idiots on rfd