Green / Eco-Friendly

Sodastream Soda Maker (make your own sparkling water/pop)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2009 12:36 am
Tags:
None
Nov 18, 2009
23 posts
Markham

Sodastream Soda Maker (make your own sparkling water/pop)

I just bought myself a Penguin System which is one of the many models Sodastream carries to make your own soda/sparkling water. I made homemade sparkling water in seconds... I should also note it tastes VERY much alike the bottled Perrier that you buy in supermarkets. That means no more lugging around heavy cases of Perrier!

My system came with 2 reusable glass carafes and with special cap that prevents the fizziness from leaking and a gas canister which injects co2 into the liquid. I got this from www.soda-maker.com and they will provide FREE shipping if you purchase anything over $200 (which i certainly did with the Penguin system which is $299). There are other lower models which would make an excellent christmas gift for anyone. Check it out! :lol:
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 7, 2005
2787 posts
40 upvotes
I bought one of these systems, and I've had horrible horrible experiences with them. Product did not work as promised, instead of soda, seemed to dispense some kind of liquid that resembled puke, I did not try it because it looked so disgusting, but when I called them up, they told me that was normal and to go **** myself. To top it all off, the soda machine stopped working after 2 weeks! When I contacted them again through email, they sent me response, "go **** yourself". So no do not order from this company unless you want a machine that dispenses puke water and enjoy being told to **** yourself.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2009
23 posts
Markham
jayisthebest88 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2009 8:41 pm
I bought one of these systems, and I've had horrible horrible experiences with them. Product did not work as promised, instead of soda, seemed to dispense some kind of liquid that resembled puke, I did not try it because it looked so disgusting, but when I called them up, they told me that was normal and to go **** myself. To top it all off, the soda machine stopped working after 2 weeks! When I contacted them again through email, they sent me response, "go **** yourself". So no do not order from this company unless you want a machine that dispenses puke water and enjoy being told to **** yourself.
I've done a lot of research online before purchasing this system, and you're probably the first one to comment about the system dispensing something like puke water. My system seems to be doing fine! :razz:
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
MiniS wrote:
Nov 20th, 2009 1:26 pm
I just bought myself a Penguin System which is one of the many models Sodastream carries to make your own soda/sparkling water. I made homemade sparkling water in seconds... I should also note it tastes VERY much alike the bottled Perrier that you buy in supermarkets. That means no more lugging around heavy cases of Perrier!

My system came with 2 reusable glass carafes and with special cap that prevents the fizziness from leaking and a gas canister which injects co2 into the liquid. I got this from www.soda-maker.com and they will provide FREE shipping if you purchase anything over $200 (which i certainly did with the Penguin system which is $299). There are other lower models which would make an excellent christmas gift for anyone. Check it out! :lol:
My vote for the spammiest post of the year! :D
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1058 posts
107 upvotes
Markham
I agree...spamalot!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
MiniS wrote:
Nov 20th, 2009 10:01 pm
I've done a lot of research online before purchasing this system, and you're probably the first one to comment about the system dispensing something like puke water. My system seems to be doing fine! :razz:
Maybe he puked some SPAM! onto the system,lol
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1989 posts
195 upvotes
My cumpare is into yoga and he makes a sparkling urine beverage with his soda maker. He told me it was Mountain Dew but I didn't fall for it lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
MiniS wrote:
Nov 20th, 2009 1:26 pm
I should also note it tastes VERY much alike the bottled Perrier that you buy in supermarkets. That means no more lugging around heavy cases of Perrier!
Taken from your website
CO2 Carbonator Exchange

The CO2 Carbonator Exchange item on the on-line store is based on equal number of returned empty carbonators. We must receive your empty bottles before we will process your order with the CO2 Carbonator Exchange item or a refundable $15 user licence fee will be added to each bottle. Empty bottles can be shipped back to the address below and please include your first/last name, address, phone, e-mail in the package. It is best to use an insured trackable shipping method as we are not responsible for lost or damaged return shipments.
I think I'd rather carry the cases of Perrier. :|
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1597 posts
11 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
MkmBandit wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 3:29 am
Taken from your website

haha Oh Snap!
Want to test your Driving Knowledge? Studying for the G1? Studying for the written driving test of another Province? Check out http://www.DrivingTests101.com for FREE practice tests, it's a great resource!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3827 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
MkmBandit wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 3:29 am
Yes it's a dollar a bottle at the Superstore!
I got.....nothing to say.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4782 posts
708 upvotes
My family had a Sodastream system when I was a kid. The brand name syrups (Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc) didn't taste anything like their store-bought counterparts.

The other flavours like root beer, orange soda and spruce beer were great, though.
May 26, 2009
3 posts
Toronto
I tried ordering one from their website & thought I had ordered it & even got a confirmation email & never heard a peep from them. Luckily they did not charge my credit card. I even contacted customer service inquiring about my order & they never emailed me back
× < >