Home & Garden

Sofa repair parts in Calgary (foam, spring, spring brackets)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2018 6:17 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2017
58 posts
336 upvotes

Sofa repair parts in Calgary (foam, spring, spring brackets)

Hi there,

Does anybody know stores in Calgary where I could find parts to repair a sofa ? I need to replace a foam, and also need springs and spring brackets/clips. Google didn't help much (

P.S. If someone did this kind of repairs and know how to choose the foam and can share the knowledge would be great. I am wondering what characteristic of the foam I need to check to get the right one so that I won't need to replace it again in couple years.

Thanks.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1990 posts
719 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
You could try a upholstery shop for the parts and a foam shop for the foam. As you surmise, there are different types and grades of foam that make a difference as far as durability goes.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
May 13, 2007
118 posts
52 upvotes
Lake of the Woods, N…
Ennis Fabrics in Edmonton is a wholesale supplier to the upholstery industry throughout Canada.
George N. Jackson is another - with a location in Calgary.
Sureline Foam Products is in Calgary.
You will have to give the appearance you are a new 'shop' looking for a supplier. Ennis is quite flexible ... Jackson's not so much (from past experience of many years ago).
Haven't ever dealt with Sureline, but presenting yourself as a new shop may lead to far better pricing.
Learn about foam density so you can talk like you know what you want. Softer foams let you 'sink' into the sofa. Firm foams are firm when you sit down. They will cut to size from huge blocks I expect.
One may have to lay on the bs to get them to sell. Don't overdo it however. They could ask for business license, tax license(s), business cards, web presence, etc.
You may need hog rings and the pliers, tufting needles if there are buttons, stapler (usually air operated), etc.
Good luck.