• May 4th, 2018 1:00 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
142 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto

solar panels

I am still doing research and looked at some initial details and have decided to probably rent out my roof instead of purchasing the panels.
Do you guys recommend a company to go with for this and one that gives the best rate?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1773 posts
57 upvotes
I'm also interested this too...
But why would u go through companies?? isn't More expensive??
I was looking around amazon.ca
there are many solar panel --- 100w cost around $150 each ... Not sure how is the betties works ...
I'm also looking for Wind turbiner too because in canada winter is pretty windy ......
please share some idea experts......Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6951 posts
5170 upvotes
Oakville
Be careful with solar rental contracts. Apparently a lot of them sound good but are really just scams.
Apr 6, 2008
479 posts
169 upvotes
You would be better off to buy the solar system and put it on a LOC. Then use the income to pay off the loan and when it's paid for then it's free money.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2099 posts
1251 upvotes
Clarington
saimakhan11 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 12:08 pm
I am still doing research and looked at some initial details and have decided to probably rent out my roof instead of purchasing the panels.
Do you guys recommend a company to go with for this and one that gives the best rate?
Do NOT do one of those roof rental places.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2099 posts
1251 upvotes
Clarington
chinese zzz wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 12:41 pm
I'm also interested this too...
But why would u go through companies?? isn't More expensive??
I was looking around amazon.ca
there are many solar panel --- 100w cost around $150 each ... Not sure how is the betties works ...
I'm also looking for Wind turbiner too because in canada winter is pretty windy ......
please share some idea experts......Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Here's a good place to source everything you'll need - https://www.kijiji.ca/v-home-outdoor-ot ... /417761056

On that kijiji ad it also shows that they'll be at:

Toronto Sportsmen's Show (March 14 - 18, 2018)
Spring Cottage Life Show (March 22 - 25, 2018)

So if you want to talk to them - might be a good time.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10824 posts
2307 upvotes
GTA
Bawler wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 8:54 pm
Do NOT do one of those roof rental places.
Why?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10624 posts
2033 upvotes
Kingston
Hugh Jass wrote:
Mar 26th, 2018 3:41 pm
Why?
They characterize the deals as renting your roof, but you are actually leasing-to-buy the panels. The design is that the microFIT payments pay off the lease over about 14 years.
You get minimal compensation and if you sold your house you'd have to pay off the lease for something like $30k. It is a huge risk and terrible deal for homeowners.
And these "deals" aren't even available since the microFIT program shut down a few months ago.
Apr 16, 2018
0 posts
Mississauga
Has anyone thought of replacing their shingles with the new Tesla solar slate shingles?
Who would supply those for Tesla here in Canada?
Home Makeover Contracting ... "Professional home contracting services"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8056 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
homemakeover wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 7:30 pm
Has anyone thought of replacing their shingles with the new Tesla solar slate shingles?
Who would supply those for Tesla here in Canada?
Not available in Canada yet and even in USA, watch a Youtube where a guy did it, and the price was huge. its still early, so you're paying for it like the latest iPhone. You exact to lose money. Or take forever to recoup.

Even the Tesla powerwall isn't economically sound yet or available in Canada