Belarus, Bosnia, and Cyprus! :cheesygri

What time of year?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
:arrowu: LOL

The usually European honeymoon countries are Spain, France, and Italy (in that order).
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4423 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
when?
where do u wanna go?
Budget?
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
we did cycladic islands in greece, 1999.
We spent $10k over 16 days.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3983 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
Cyprus is beautiful. Well, at least the pictures my friend took there look really nice.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
How long? Three Countries is a lot unless you want to see the Country as you are screeming down the highway or train tracks.
England (London), train to Paris, 10 days is just right. Lots to see, lots to do, lots to spend.
Feb 3, 2005
408 posts
1 upvote
In Italy, Positano is a great honeymoon spot.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
Go somewhere a little more romantic and different than London and Paris.

Start in Vienna, travel by hydrofoil for a day to Bratislava, visit Hungary for a few days, and surprise her with an overnight train to Venice for the uber-romantic weekend portion of the trip.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
deep wrote:Go somewhere a little more romantic and different than London and Paris.

Start in Vienna, travel by hydrofoil for a day to Bratislava, visit Hungary for a few days, and surprise her with an overnight train to Venice for the uber-romantic weekend portion of the trip.
Hydrofoil can be be hyrdo-foul if its choppy on the water.
Not a great thing for people who get seasick because u can't go outside.

I remember the one in Mykonos - we nick-named it the Hydro-Plegm, cuz so many folks were yacking their lunches. Ewww. No sex that night. > :(
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
mlc2000 wrote:Hydrofoil can be be hyrdo-foul if its choppy on the water.
Not a great thing for people who get seasick because u can't go outside.

I remember the one in Mykonos - we nick-named it the Hydro-Plegm, cuz so many folks were yacking their lunches. Ewww. No sex that night. > :(
The hydrofoil is not ocean or seagoing like in Greece/UK - it's on the Danube River, and there is zero chance of chop. It's a fun quick ride, as you get to go through a lock system and zoom by the racing boats without feeling a bump.
Nov 20, 2002
873 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
what are the general things that you want out of your trip .... e.g. good sights, or cheap eats, or beaches, or mountains, etc? There are lotsa great places to see in Europe, but it kinda depends on what you want. Hell since it your honeymoon, you guys could get a nice hotel here in Canada since you may even just be seeing the inside of your room for the whole time! ;) :D
Nov 15, 2004
171 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Ungoverned wrote:Figure about 5000$ total. Spring 06.
I would suggest a nice cruise. My wife and I did that last year for our honeymoon; spent two weeks in the Mediterranean in late June. I think we spent about $5K for the whole thing too.

It's nice because you don't have to worry about carrying your luggage around and booking hotels and stuff but if you do happen to visit a great place, you're only there for a few hours.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
Dont forget Croatia. Lots of hidden resorts there. It is reported that Bill Gates has a Chalet in Croatia.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)