Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
1957 posts
602 upvotes
Hometown
Chookman wrote:
Canuck2fan wrote:
Seems like the paperwork if you still had it would have satisfied them.... Just like it is supposed to LOL
Yep. It seemed like it would have. The real question is how long should you keep it?
Apparently until the buyer registers the car in their name. After reading that Torstar article which raised way more questions than it answered. As all that happened from what I read was a scummy tow truck operator was trying to extort money from a senior without any due process of law actually happening.... Nothing new to see there LOL

Next they will figure out the paranoids will be willing to pay a 50.00 or 100.00 fee to have it noted that the car is in registration limbo but you aren't responsible anymore as the former owner, just give us a whack of money and HOLD on to the paper work. Used auto sales are such a charade in this province... LOL
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
1243 posts
1276 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think notifying the ministry is important if your selling to a buyer that will export the car out of the province/country. S/he will most likely never register it in the province to avoid paying sales tax, and send it straight in a container. Therefore the car will remain in your name forever.

In my case, both my cars I sold went out of country. Its getting more common now that our Canadian dollar is so low.
_______
Speedkar99 | YouTube
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
2913 posts
1083 upvotes
Ebeniz wrote:
That's not true. You want to buy my car? You have to put it in your name now..
You can transfer a car to someone else's name as "unplated"
Sir, that is a complete falsehood. The law says I have 6 days to do it. It is definitely NOT "now". What if I pay for the car, and pick it up, on a Sunday, or a holiday? How are we going to transfer the ownership right on that moment?

I think this proves that you do not know what you are talking about.