[OP]
Mar 3, 2012
165 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Sold my house but water hammer noise

Hi,

I sold my house recently.
There was an bulding inspector that came with the buyer and did not report any thing related to water hammer.

The water hammer didn’t bother At all but I don’t want this to turn back at me during closing.

Since the building inspector didn’t find anything related to that, do I need to fix this?

I do have ACQ warranty ( house built in 2015). I live in Quebec province.

Thanks !
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2094 posts
1425 upvotes
SW Ontario
No not at all.

And if water hammering is the only issue, that's a piece of cake compared to most issues.

Assuming everything else falls into place, all is well.
[OP]
Mar 3, 2012
165 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just to add more info,
Forgot to mention that we got some water arrestor but there still water hammer. Unless the water arrestor is broken or something. If not that, then could be another issue.
Aug 4, 2006
493 posts
176 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
The air spaces could also be water logged. Shut off mains and open taps to drain water and to recharge air spaces. Turn back water main and see if that helped.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3807 posts
2978 upvotes
Toronto
deadtorights wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 8:51 pm
Just to add more info,
Forgot to mention that we got some water arrestor but there still water hammer. Unless the water arrestor is broken or something. If not that, then could be another issue.
Yes, water hammer arrestors will eventually fail. That's why most of them are screw-on, so that you can easily replace them when the need to be replaced.