• May 16th, 2011 3:56 pm
Tags:
None
13 replies
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Hard to say.. the seller is not obligated to give you a refund. If he does.. awesome but you should of been more clear and also inspect the product before paying. Buyer beware in this case.
Oh Hai!
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
Since the listing did not say NEW or USED, I wouldnt say he scammed you.
I guess it was not a good practice to not disclose the condition (especially for clothing), but you should always inspect the item when you do transactions.

anyhow, I have PMed the seller with link to this thread. We'll see what he says.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
DK413 wrote: I believe this situation may be on its way to being solved.

Seller responded with;
"I am only accepting $15 for the return, I didn't travel to Markham for nothing. I can meet you tomorrow at the same time tomorrow. I am sorry that you are not pleased with the jeans. For $140, ($97 less than retail), I think it is considered a steal with the minor altercations."

I responded with;
"Can we settle for $10..? I have to travel out of my way as well. Not fair if I'm paying the full delivery charge while not receiving an item. I'm just disappointed that I was not notified that they were used, especially with such obvious signs of wear. I would quite prefer a refund tomorrow, same time and place. It's not the price, it's just I would prefer a new pair, which is what I expected. I shall text you at 12ish and 3ish to confirm the meet up with you. Does that sound good?"

Seller also claimed to be at work, hence the late responses, I don't doubt it; so I guess that explains the unanswered calls as well.
Now I just await a response, and hopefully this will be solved by tomorrow..!

Great. Please provide update in this thread once it has been resolved.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Mar 1, 2008
78 posts
Toronto
Hi DK,

Thanks to the forum moderator and also the Sr. Member for their input.
I understand I am not obligated to make a refund. To make buyers feel like they can trust me, I will offer refunds with restrictions.

Can you please remove this thread as the buyer is at fault.
(still offering a refund)

Also, DK, next time before you post a thread like this, get in contact with me. Wait at least a 24hours for a reply before posting under "Scammers."

Just some clarifications, I was actually at work. That's why my delivery timings are what they are listed as, correlated to my work hours. And my phone was dead this morning. I had received your call as soon as I charged my phone.

Your attempts on making me look like a scammer are wrong and sad.

I am baffled you posted this. It should be under bad buyer.
Your assumption that the jeans were new was new to me.
You won't get APC Jeans new for that price.

Other people have pm'ed me about those jeans, asking about how long I've had them and the condition of them.
Your inability to do that has made this transaction hard.

All my other products are listed as BNWT or BNWOT.
Assuming those that are not listed as either of those are used. Where in earth are you going to get APC New Standards for that price flat new?

I have compromised with you for you to receive your refund with a fee of $15 dollars.
I am sorry you were not pleased with the item, but please check the condition of an item before you purchase it. Also, ask and inquire. I do not lie and I do not hide information about my products.

The bag (see through plastic bag) that covered the jeans was sealed with scotch tape. Do not make it sound like it was super glued or duct tape. Every transaction I have done, the items have been properly bagged to avoid dust and damage to the items.

You had made plans to make a purchase the day before we had actually met. I called you the day of, and you weren't picking up your phone as it would ring and then go to voice mail. I called you multiple times and each time had a different amount of rings that tells you were avoiding the transaction. It was getting late and I txted you that we would have to post pone the transaction due to your unconfirmed status. You then quickly called me after I had txted you this. We planned to meet at 3:30pm and you showed up at 3:50. You were 20mins late for the transaction to happen.

After all this, I was in no rush to leave while we met.

Good-luck on finding other products. And I understand you sell also as you have been offering me trades, good-luck on that.
Mar 1, 2008
78 posts
Toronto
I now have the APC New Standard Jeans back in my possession, not in its original state. He has kept the APC clip with the button.
I have told him I will make arrangements to retrieve the clip after work.

I gave back $125 [$140(jean price)-$15(delivery charge)] + a wrist accessory for the inconvenience of the situation. Similar to this.

goTHATway
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1754 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Not to blame either buyer or seller because I'm sure there are fault on both sides. I was recently involved in a dispute like this and I think it is unnecessary for people to post here to gain the attention they need to work things out before they can resolve it privately.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
EnyCe wrote: $15 for a ******* delivery fee? Are you kidding me? Not even gas nor PIZZA DELIVERIES cost that much. This guy is just making **** up his mind.

inconvenience fee. he didn't even have to refund him his money. he's not walmart.
redkid wrote: never assume
if he didn't state NEW, you should never assume it is ;)
aim for the worst, hope for the best

+1, you should always inquire about the condition of the product and not assume things as well as checking its condition during the transaction.
May 15, 2011
24 posts
NORTH YORK
I'm new here, so go easy on me...

But...

I'm siding with the buyer on this. The seller should have been more clear, and it sounds like the jeans were in much worse condition than would be reasonably expected. I also think the buyer should have inspected them prior to the purchase.
Sounds to me like a good lesson has been learned from everyone involved and maybe those of us reading this thread as well. I'll certainly be more careful when buying something from some random person online.