SOLVED: FIDO APN (Miui 10) - Can't add APN

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 8:26 pm
Tags:
Jul 19, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Victoria, BC
Tried the diff SIM thing. No go. Went down the ADB path... adb devices not finding phone, much reading ahead... tried the APK (as USB mount was OK), and SUCCESS! Thanks so much for that APK, miji2.
Oct 21, 2014
16 posts
3 upvotes
miji2 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 9:20 pm
So I tested it and it does not seem to require root, but does require debug and whole ADB setup with a separate laptop which is a PITA when you're on the go.
Plot twist. Since I always wanted an app to do it, this enraged me enough to throw together a simple App Inventor app to manually trigger the required APN add window.
Now for the dirty hack part ... sideloading APKs is a crappy way to deal with this problem, but so be it .. have to fight fire with fire. The APK is here --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tY78j ... _d200HbArI and all it does is it brings up the "Add APN" dialog. So for those desperate enough for a new APN, all you need to do is pull your SIM card out, create the APN (via commandline or with this app), and then place SIM back in. This seems to work for me, test it if you're brave enough. Screenshot attached.
Thank you so much for apk, I bought a Mix 3 and had the same issue with fido. Now I'm enjoying my Mix 3 with LTE network !!! Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 28, 2007
34 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
miji2 wrote:
So I tested it and it does not seem to require root, but does require debug and whole ADB setup with a separate laptop which is a PITA when you're on the go.
Plot twist. Since I always wanted an app to do it, this enraged me enough to throw together a simple App Inventor app to manually trigger the required APN add window.
Now for the dirty hack part ... sideloading APKs is a crappy way to deal with this problem, but so be it .. have to fight fire with fire. The APK is here --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tY78j ... _d200HbArI and all it does is it brings up the "Add APN" dialog. So for those desperate enough for a new APN, all you need to do is pull your SIM card out, create the APN (via commandline or with this app), and then place SIM back in. This seems to work for me, test it if you're brave enough. Screenshot attached.
Thanks for the apk.

It worked in my xiaomi mi 8 global version.
Feb 16, 2019
1 posts
miji2 wrote:
Thank you worked for my Xiaomi mi8 with VOXI as well

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)