Cell Phones

[Solved] How to Port to Prepaid Bell SIM (for new customers)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 5:57 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2010
104 posts
25 upvotes

[Solved] How to Port to Prepaid Bell SIM (for new customers)

Hi all,

I want to port out of my Koodo to prepaid Bell. I bought a Bell SIM card, but when I go to MyBell and try to register, it seems to want an existing Bell # to register, which I don't have. Is it possible to do so for someone who isn't a Bell customer? Do I have to call in to do it?

Thanks!
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jul 10th, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
83 replies
Dec 10, 2014
229 posts
101 upvotes
BC
hey just a question, when i ported out to bell i put my account #.
I noticed i got my koodo cancel email, and that the wireless service with koodo will be cancelled.

I have 2 phone #'s on my koodo account, will it cancel both services or just the phone number that i've ported out to bell? just wondering because both numbers use the same account #....
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11000 posts
7529 upvotes
Leask
cjstk90 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 1:42 pm
hey just a question, when i ported out to bell i put my account #.
I noticed i got my koodo cancel email, and that the wireless service with koodo will be cancelled.

I have 2 phone #'s on my koodo account, will it cancel both services or just the phone number that i've ported out to bell? just wondering because both numbers use the same account #....
You only ported one (of two) active number Koodo to Bell. Koodo account still has (one) remaining billable service, therefore the Koodo account remains active (and billable) for one subscriber line. The ported number will be adjusted (pro-rated) for billing up until the porting date.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Dec 10, 2014
229 posts
101 upvotes
BC
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 3:15 pm
You only ported one (of two) active number Koodo to Bell. Koodo account still has (one) remaining billable service, therefore the Koodo account remains active (and billable) for one subscriber line. The ported number will be adjusted (pro-rated) for billing up until the porting date.
thanks for the reply, what do you mean by pro-rated? it shows that it will be cancelled on the 13th. I havent used the plan at all, no text msg, no calls etc. will i just be charged for the tab balance?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11000 posts
7529 upvotes
Leask
cjstk90 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:41 pm
thanks for the reply, what do you mean by pro-rated? it shows that it will be cancelled on the 13th. I havent used the plan at all, no text msg, no calls etc. will i just be charged for the tab balance?
That, plus for service until the 13th.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7621 posts
1390 upvotes
Help, when It's asking me to pay the $5 to activate for the cheapest plan. Is that what you guys did?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7621 posts
1390 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 4:42 pm
That's the new requirement.
Somehow I got it to work without paying. Went back and forth the steps and it didnt ask me to pay anymore. I also thought I deleted my message. LOL
May 4, 2011
406 posts
273 upvotes
EPcjay wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 10:19 am
Somehow I got it to work without paying. Went back and forth the steps and it didnt ask me to pay anymore. I also thought I deleted my message. LOL
I wish i knew how to do this, lol
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3524 posts
298 upvotes
EPcjay wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 10:19 am
I tried the "go back and forth" method and it worked for me.

The first time you try it ask you to enter CC info. Then I hit back and next and it then showed an option for "pay later". Then i hit next and it proceeded forward and you can complete without entering your payment info.

You do still have to select the $5 monthly plan. I'm not sure if I have to call in to cancel this $5/month plan or just let it cancel itself if there are no funds in the account and no CC info for them to charge. I might just wait and see what happens.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7621 posts
1390 upvotes
Mint wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 2:17 am
I tried the "go back and forth" method and it worked for me.

The first time you try it ask you to enter CC info. Then I hit back and next and it then showed an option for "pay later". Then i hit next and it proceeded forward and you can complete without entering your payment info.

You do still have to select the $5 monthly plan. I'm not sure if I have to call in to cancel this $5/month plan or just let it cancel itself if there are no funds in the account and no CC info for them to charge. I might just wait and see what happens.
It's prepaid. I assume they won't chase me for it and it would go expire out itself..
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1388 posts
289 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I got charged a supposedly one time $5 + $0.44 + tax = $5.71 per activation. Rep said it's a one time charge during activation even though I have $0 account balance. Rep said account expires in 120 days if it's not topped up. Will report back in a month.
Mar 12, 2011
955 posts
522 upvotes
Are there any SIMs you can buy that allow you to port online without activation fees or selecting a plan?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2443 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
elfen2 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 9:35 am
Are there any SIMs you can buy that allow you to port online without activation fees or selecting a plan?
I bought mine on ebay for $1, and did the steps @EPcjay did by activating online and going back and forth on the steps and it didnt ask me to pay.