Cell Phones

[Solved] How to Port to Prepaid Bell SIM (for new customers)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 5:57 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1953 posts
1205 upvotes
Montreal
Ok so I ported my number to Bell prepaid and I am a bit confused. My top up option is manual, but it says minimum monthly charge $5? So do I have to pay $5 per month? (see attached image)
Bell.png
Jul 23, 2007
170 posts
27 upvotes
York
I activated the bell sim with a new alberta number but can't find how to port in my Koodo phone number over, please advise, thanks.
audit13 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 1:38 pm
Try activating the bell sim card with a new Alberta number and port in after the new bell number has been activated.
May 18, 2007
619 posts
85 upvotes
didi love wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 7:13 pm
I activated the bell sim with a new alberta number but can't find how to port in my Koodo phone number over, please advise, thanks.
For some reason, Bell doesn't offer changing phone number online, you will have to call them.
Dec 24, 2015
235 posts
283 upvotes
pr3dat0r wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 8:46 pm
For some reason, Bell doesn't offer changing phone number online, you will have to call them.
So I won't be able to port my number onto a SIM card that alrdy has a phone number attached to it?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1721 posts
1278 upvotes
Bay Area
If a SIM card has been activated (has number assigned to it), then no you won't be able to port a new number in.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5414 posts
3281 upvotes
didi love wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 7:13 pm
pr3dat0r wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 8:46 pm
Sleepyzz wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 4:41 am
So I won't be able to port my number onto a SIM card that alrdy has a phone number attached to it?
arkane wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 12:18 pm
If a SIM card has been activated (has number assigned to it), then no you won't be able to port a new number in.
Call 1-866-412-7048 to port.
Jul 23, 2007
170 posts
27 upvotes
York
Once a bell sim has been ported with a Koodo phone number, can I port in a second Koodo number if the Bell account is still active? Many thanks in advance.
hvwozq wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 4:26 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7621 posts
1390 upvotes
didi love wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 10:52 am
Once a bell sim has been ported with a Koodo phone number, can I port in a second Koodo number if the Bell account is still active? Many thanks in advance.
yes, however must call.
Feb 26, 2015
58 posts
29 upvotes
Quispamsis, NB
hvwozq wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 4:26 pm
Even I am getting this message when trying to port Koodo to Bell prepaid:

The number you requested cannot be transferred to Bell at this time. Please call 1 888 466-2453 for more information.

Reading above comments, i should first pick one number from Bell and then call them to port Koodo number to Bell.
Has anyone been able to port their Koodo to Bell after picking a new number and then calling in 1-866-412-7048?
Apr 1, 2017
894 posts
1450 upvotes
krulzt wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 6:21 pm
Even I am getting this message when trying to port Koodo to Bell prepaid:

The number you requested cannot be transferred to Bell at this time. Please call 1 888 466-2453 for more information.

Reading above comments, i should first pick one number from Bell and then call them to port Koodo number to Bell.
Has anyone been able to port their Koodo to Bell after picking a new number and then calling in 1-866-412-7048?
I ran into this problem.

Initially my Koodo number was valid for porting. Then porting didn't work due to postal code not being in the right format (needs to be A1A2B3). After that it would always give the "cannot be transferred at this time" error.

I called Bell and they cancelled the port. They told me it's a backend issue and to try again tomorrow. I'll wait since it might be because my Koodo number is newly activated as well (under 24hrs). Will report back if it's successful.

Regarding the $5 monthly fee, I was never charged. Bell never demanded payment in email or mail for my last port either. They simply told me the account will be cancelled if I don't top up.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Feb 26, 2015
58 posts
29 upvotes
Quispamsis, NB
aintic wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:18 pm
I ran into this problem.

Initially my Koodo number was valid for porting. Then porting didn't work due to postal code not being in the right format (needs to be A1A2B3). After that it would always give the "cannot be transferred at this time" error.

I called Bell and they cancelled the port. They told me it's a backend issue and to try again tomorrow. I'll wait since it might be because my Koodo number is newly activated as well (under 24hrs). Will report back if it's successful.

Regarding the $5 monthly fee, I was never charged. Bell never demanded payment in email or mail for my last port either. They simply told me the account will be cancelled if I don't top up.
Any luck so far?
Apr 1, 2017
894 posts
1450 upvotes
krulzt wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:35 pm
Any luck so far?
Yep, it worked. I did the port late last night and everything went seamlessly. The line disappeared from my account this morning I checked.

By the way, I'd advise cancelling after at least 24hrs from activating the Koodo line. Otherwise there's a glitch where they charge a full month's rate instead of pro-rated apparently.
Feb 26, 2015
58 posts
29 upvotes
Quispamsis, NB
aintic wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:44 pm
Yep, it worked. I did the port late last night and everything went seamlessly. The line disappeared from my account this morning I checked.

By the way, I'd advise cancelling after at least 24hrs from activating the Koodo line. Otherwise there's a glitch where they charge a full month's rate instead of pro-rated apparently.
To Bell prepaid online or by their support staff?
I still can’t do to Bell.
Apr 1, 2017
894 posts
1450 upvotes
krulzt wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:47 pm
To Bell prepaid online or by their support staff?
I still can’t do to Bell.
I did the port online yesterday. Bell support just helped me cancel the problematic port attempt so I could do it again.

Ask them to cancel any ongoing port attempt for that number, give it half an hour, then try again online. If it still doesn't work for you, you'll need to try the temporary Bell number route.
Feb 26, 2015
58 posts
29 upvotes
Quispamsis, NB
Porting didn't worked for me even after multiple attempts and with multiple carriers so I just called in Koodo to cancel my plan and it was surprisingly easy and fast.