Cell Phones

[Solved] How to Port to Prepaid Bell SIM (for new customers)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 5:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6708 posts
1265 upvotes
Mont-Royal
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 10:00 am
I bought mine on ebay for $1, and did the steps @EPcjay did by activating online and going back and forth on the steps and it didnt ask me to pay.
the link to the steps didnt work
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 11, 2010
308 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
L4cky wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:30 pm
the link to the steps didnt work
Wanted to cancel out a Koodo line, so did a port-in on a Bell prepaid SIM. I was getting " loading" for a long time on Chrome and Firefox browsers , so used Explorer and was able to do the back and forth steps to add the $5 plan with "manual top-up" and "pay-later" option. I am assuming that if I do nothing, eventually the ported in number will become deactivated? Any experience on this ?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6708 posts
1265 upvotes
Mont-Royal
freakoutguy wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 8:47 pm
Wanted to cancel out a Koodo line, so did a port-in on a Bell prepaid SIM. I was getting " loading" for a long time on Chrome and Firefox browsers , so used Explorer and was able to do the back and forth steps to add the $5 plan with "manual top-up" and "pay-later" option. I am assuming that if I do nothing, eventually the ported in number will become deactivated? Any experience on this ?
so you only pay 5$ without an addition 5$ activation fees? In total it is 5$ + sim?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 19, 2018
973 posts
995 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 11:33 am
so you only pay 5$ without an addition 5$ activation fees? In total it is 5$ + sim?
freakoutguy wrote:
You can simply port out and pick "pay later" or don't pick a plan. All it cost is the sim card itself. Once you have the sim card number you should not need to enter any credit card information whatsoever. No additional fee is necessary for a successful porting out.

Also the link should be https://mybell.bell.ca/PrepaidActivationLogin or if that doesn't work, go here https://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartp ... y_SIM_card and click on "For a prepaid plan, complete the activation online." you do need to sign up for an account once you are there.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6708 posts
1265 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Cucumference wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 1:15 pm
You can simply port out and pick "pay later" or don't pick a plan. All it cost is the sim card itself. Once you have the sim card number you should not need to enter any credit card information whatsoever. No additional fee is necessary for a successful porting out.

Also the link should be https://mybell.bell.ca/PrepaidActivationLogin or if that doesn't work, go here https://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartp ... y_SIM_card and click on "For a prepaid plan, complete the activation online." you do need to sign up for an account once you are there.
thanks for the clarification. i thought at the beginning of the thread someone mentionned they added 5$ for activation
- Training 101
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18726 posts
6743 upvotes
Toronto
kotoula wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 11:59 am
Isn't it possible to use the PM $10 plan to port out Koodo numbers? I have this line for free with referral credits now so I was thinking of just porting out Koodo numbers whenever I need to cancel using that line. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many times you can port a number to PM tho.. maybe once a month or something?
I have a Public Mobile line for this very reason. You can port as often as you like. Number port does not count as a number change.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1056 posts
266 upvotes
Markham, GTA
Cucumference wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 1:15 pm

Thanks, very helpful post.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Dec 31, 2017
35 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
freakoutguy wrote:
was able to do the back and forth steps to add the $5 plan with "manual top-up" and "pay-later" option.
can you explain how you did the 'back and forth'? i'm not able to get the pay later option.. i've tried on chrome and edge, thanks
Apr 26, 2015
23 posts
London, ON
I purchased a prepaid bell sim from ebay. Do I actually need the physical SIM in my hand to go through the process, or will they email me all relevant info?
Nov 11, 2010
308 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
adri8524 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 3:03 pm
can you explain how you did the 'back and forth'? i'm not able to get the pay later option.. i've tried on chrome and edge, thanks
It worked for me with the old IE browser
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2251 posts
1173 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Is it ok to swap the SIM in my newly acquired Koodo phone with my current provider's sim before porting in the Koodo number to the sacrificial Bell sim?
Jun 9, 2009
71 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
flopticalcube wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 9:40 pm
Is it ok to swap the SIM in my newly acquired Koodo phone with my current provider's sim before porting in the Koodo number to the sacrificial Bell sim?
Yes. I'm using fido. I actually never put either Koodo or Bell SIM card in my phone.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2251 posts
1173 upvotes
Parksville, BC
I just did the port to Bell. Never asked for a CC, I chose the $5 manual top up. 30min later Koodo sent me a "sorry to see you go" message.
Mar 27, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
Worked for me too.
Bought a Bell SIM on Ebay and got the seller to message me with the SIM card number
Used Internet Explorer to activate on Bell, and port to the new SIM
I chose manual top-up, and didn't even have to do the back and forth thing. Went through the entire process without it asking for any payment info.
Got the "sorry to see you go" email from Koodo within 10mins.
Sep 5, 2012
577 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
fyi, Lucky Mobile also works like Bell for porting, ebay sells Lucky sim card for $1 each,

first attempt at setting up and porting to Lucky Mobile resulted in an error message ( something like 'could not set up transfer' or something like that),
waited about 10 - 15 minutes and retried again from fresh start and it worked,
Lucky Mobile has same screen account set up as Bell for obvious reason (Bell controls Lucky Mobile)