• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2018 2:51 pm
[OP]
Jul 16, 2003
571 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[Solved] Koodo referral porting mess up, Help please

Hey guys I completed the referral link when I got the new number for an additional line. But then my wife wanted the plan so I figured no big deal why not? But then she did something I wasn't expecting she decided to port in her voip number. So I've already done the step in the referral process where you give them the number then I went and ported in a different number! Do I try clicking on the link again and then resending with the new number. Do I call in? Am I screwed, or am I fine?

I remember hearing once that it's fine if you use the temporary number because it's still linked to the account somehow. But on the Referral FAQ it states that might be a reason for being denied...

Anyone been in this situation?
Last edited by Mixam on Mar 14th, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
2x $40/6Gb Koodo plans for PM 2016 Fall Promo subscribers
Public Mobile 12/120 plan paying $19/month for 4Gb after rewards
Koodo Seasonal hold $15/month for buying phones
3x Virgin flexdata $5/month for 1Gb in ipads/voip phones
4 replies
Mar 6, 2002
954 posts
338 upvotes
Vancouver
Mixam wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 2:36 am
Hey guys I completed the referral link when I got the new number for an additional line. But then my wife wanted the plan so I figured no big deal why not? But then she did something I wasn't expecting she decided to port in her voip number. So I've already done the step in the referral process where you give them the number then I went and ported in a different number! Do I try clicking on the link again and then resending with the new number. Do I call in? Am I screwed, or am I fine?

I remember hearing once that it's fine if you use the temporary number because it's still linked to the account somehow. But on the Referral FAQ it states that might be a reason for being denied...

Anyone been in this situation?
Login to your referral account and using the contact form, fill out the required info along with the issue.

They should be able to approve the referral, will just take longer since they manually have to verify
koodo customer $60/10gb
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14161 posts
4991 upvotes
Oakville
Yup - it might screw things up, but if yo ucontact them and tell them that you ported in a different number after completing the referral, they'll be able to fix it.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB recipient
Mar 6, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Anytime you encounter an issue with Koodo's referral system, whether it be situations like this or the credit not being applied both ways, utilize their referral contact form. It has solved all my koodo referral discrepancies in the past (usually within 2-3 business days)

http://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/contact.pg
[OP]
Jul 16, 2003
571 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
brucele wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 8:21 am
Login to your referral account and using the contact form, fill out the required info along with the issue.

They should be able to approve the referral, will just take longer since they manually have to verify
wearysky wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:19 am
Yup - it might screw things up, but if yo ucontact them and tell them that you ported in a different number after completing the referral, they'll be able to fix it.
fextrius wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 12:44 pm
Anytime you encounter an issue with Koodo's referral system, whether it be situations like this or the credit not being applied both ways, utilize their referral contact form. It has solved all my koodo referral discrepancies in the past (usually within 2-3 business days)
Thanks guys! I actually had the form open ready to send off, but had to wait for the port to go through before doing it. Turns out the port had a problem, I didn't fill out re-seller so they sent a text to call into a 1800 number. I called in and just cancelled the port. Do you guys think I should still fill out the form in case someone tried verifying the account right as the number was changed temporarily (well partially it never did finish)?

Port was cancelled because my wife's new employer surprised her this morning and gave her a new Iphone 6S with a phone plan. So she no longer has to buy her own plan. Before they just paid her $40/m and she got her own plan. Hopefully she didn't lose her old number as the port never actually went through.
2x $40/6Gb Koodo plans for PM 2016 Fall Promo subscribers
Public Mobile 12/120 plan paying $19/month for 4Gb after rewards
Koodo Seasonal hold $15/month for buying phones
3x Virgin flexdata $5/month for 1Gb in ipads/voip phones

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)