• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 6:37 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
5 posts
4 upvotes

Someone opens the door and hit my car

I was inside the car and she knew there were people inside. And she still opens her door in a way that hits my car. I was quite angry because when I talked to her she said she didn't hit my car. I opened her car door and the door aligned with the mark on my door. And then she removed the mark on my door and said it is removed and still denied of hitting of my car. Very bad attitude and saying bad words. I asked for her insurance and got denied and just walk away swearing. The whole time no sorry at all. She took a picture of my licence plate and said if something wrong with her car she will call police. I was like wtf.

This kind of door hit happened couple of times before and even no big damage to the car but still very annoying. Others have good attitude and I just usually let it go. This time her attitude is very bad.

Anything I can do? I left the scene an hour ago already. I have a picture of her car licence plate and the spot of the hit.
82 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15778 posts
4674 upvotes
Ottawa
Sue her or you claim under comprehensive.
Theres really not much more you can do...hopefully karma gets her!
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4728 posts
2307 upvotes
Edmonton
So was there any damage or not? You said she wiped away the mark. Was there a dent too?

C
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2383 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
If she said she gonna call the police, why couldn't you? When she took a pic of your plate, you should have done the same and call the police. Doubt they will come but will they if she calls?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7966 posts
2809 upvotes
Toronto
No...too small of a thing.
peteryorkuca wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:48 pm
If she said she gonna call the police, why couldn't you? When she took a pic of your plate, you should have done the same and call the police. Doubt they will come but will they if she calls?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8213 posts
2390 upvotes
Richmond Hill
peteryorkuca wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:48 pm
Yeah let's occupy the cops with silly parking lot incidents.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7797 posts
911 upvotes
Markham
We aren't present to judge. Maybe OP is the one who was impolite at the beginning that the lady open the door and hit his car, then it hit up the lady.
Anyhow, just move on. You still have your door and you don't really need to repair it.
Why let this tiny stuff to ruin your day.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7966 posts
2809 upvotes
Toronto
What if Op drives a Lambo?
MP3_SKY wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:57 pm
We aren't present to judge. Maybe OP is the one who was impolite at the beginning that the lady open the door and hit his car, then it hit up the lady.
Anyhow, just move on. You still have your door and you don't really need to repair it.
Why let this tiny stuff to ruin your day.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8213 posts
2390 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:58 pm
What if Op drives a Lambo?
Shouldn't be doing grocery runs if he's afraid of door dings. Why does it matter what type of car it is?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9763 upvotes
Unless she took a photo of her car at all angles and in good lighting before your discussion, what good is the photo of your license plate?

I'd say do something on the other side of her vehicle to keep her attitude at bay.

Back when I was almost in my 20's, a stupid [...] lady opened her door so hard and banged against our Integra in one of those malls in Richmond. I should have retaliated after she left or these people will not learn common decency but I was too nice back then.

Take a note of her plate too because you want to avoid her next time. :)

My daughter banged an adjacent car very gently over the weekend and I scolded her for doing that. The BS she gave me was the wind blew it but there was no gusty wind at that time. Treat other people's property as your own and we will all live very long and peaceful lives.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 14th, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: reported/race removed
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2383 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
I just don't like it when people automatically subdue when other person say they are going to call the police. Why should the victim be penalized and be scared off by mentioning of the police?
Oct 29, 2009
453 posts
153 upvotes
She was a careless bitch to be sure, but in the end you are never going to get somebody to cough up insurance information for opening their door into the next car in a parking lot. If you're going to park in a busy parking lot you are accepting the risk of getting door-dinged and you're going to have to live with it unfortunately. I go out of my way to park in less busy areas but sometimes it can't be avoided and I have to just hope for the best.

To be honest, I don't think I would have given my information either. I wouldn't have been a bitch about it, but I would have said "sorry man" and moved on. I have been door-dinged *many* times over the decades and never received a dime from anybody. I'm always very careful but sh!t happens and I've received *so* many more than I've given that I'm okay with my karma level.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16313 posts
1075 upvotes
Woodbridge
I hate getting into with women who act like this knowing you won't do anything. If it was a man this whole situation would've been different.

Anyone can take pic of a license plate, means nothing.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
5 posts
4 upvotes
I didn't do anything that upset her. My wife was eating and my baby was sleeping and I was talking to my wife. And suddenly I felt something bang on my door.

To her, if no dent is created, then it means she didn't hit my car. And said even call the cop, no body witness her door hits my car. I told her no need to have witness, if her car door has my car's paint then that proves it. She is so naive and cocky. I hope she did really make a mark on my car at the moment so I can take my car for the insurance route and have her learn a lesson in the hard way.

This happens in Markville Mall today at the food court entrance.
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8213 posts
2390 upvotes
Richmond Hill
trace_me wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:22 pm
I didn't do anything that upset her. My wife was eating and my baby was sleeping and I was talking to my wife. And suddenly I felt something bang on my door.

To her, if no dent is created, then it means she didn't hit my car. And said even call the cop, no body witness her door hits my car. I told her no need to have witness, if her car door has my car's paint then that proves it. She is so naive and cocky. I hope she did really make a mark on my car at the moment so I can take my car for the insurance route and have her learn a lesson in the hard way.

This happens in Markville Mall today at the food court entrance.
People suck, karma will get her.