• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 6:37 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3616 posts
1057 upvotes
Toronto
This to me anyways is typical wear and tear, yes, not directly caused by you but as a result of just doing what a car should do - parking. These things unfortunately happen, and probably happen when you're not sitting in the car. Its totally unfortunate and it doesn't sound like her attitude helped any. But it sounds like you're more annoyed at her attitude than any damage to the body of your vehicle (which doesn't sound like it exists). Personally I'd move on, I'm not sure what you want out of this. She's not about to be taken to town for her attitude.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5957 posts
1676 upvotes
Canada
Unless they confess, it's hard to prove who did what and when.

Return the favor and be on your way.

I had a co-worker do this to me and left a mark just last week. Pays to have a shock sensor remote with range.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15755 posts
4660 upvotes
Ottawa
trace_me wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:22 pm
I didn't do anything that upset her. My wife was eating and my baby was sleeping and I was talking to my wife. And suddenly I felt something bang on my door.

To her, if no dent is created, then it means she didn't hit my car. And said even call the cop, no body witness her door hits my car. I told her no need to have witness, if her car door has my car's paint then that proves it. She is so naive and cocky. I hope she did really make a mark on my car at the moment so I can take my car for the insurance route and have her learn a lesson in the hard way.

This happens in Markville Mall today at the food court entrance.
You don't get it do you?
This is not a collision, there's no fault against her from an insurance perspective, as you have to file a comprehensive claim.
If she doesn't pay you out if pocket, it's on you in terms of a deductible.
Jul 25, 2015
368 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Happened to me before too. I was in my car and I watched a lady hit my side mirror with her door and she quickly grabbed her door. I roll my window down and said you just hit me car. She kept denying it. I told her I watched the entire thing. Told her I didnt care but she shouldnt be lying about it.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I feel for you OP

Gets me angry every time I have to read about this kind of shit. It’s a damn shame that we live in a society where most people don’t want to own their actions.

I like having a clear conscience when I go to bed at night but I guess many others don’t have an issue with doing shitty things and living with their conscience afterwards.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4400 posts
2735 upvotes
Montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:54 pm
I feel for you OP

Gets me angry every time I have to read about this kind of shit. It’s a damn shame that we live in a society where most people don’t want to own their actions.

I like having a clear conscience when I go to bed at night but I guess many others don’t have an issue with doing shitty things and living with their conscience afterwards.
You're doing it wrong, chief. Remember what a wise man on RFD once said, 'why bother being a model citizen in a world full of sociopaths.."
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ottofly wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:16 pm
You're doing it wrong, chief. Remember what a wise man on RFD once said, 'why bother being a model citizen in a world full of sociopaths.."
I did enjoy that quote.....
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4283 posts
2894 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:31 pm
Unless she took a photo of her car at all angles and in good lighting before your discussion, what good is the photo of your license plate?

I'd say do something on the other side of her vehicle to keep her attitude at bay.

Back when I was almost in my 20's, a stupid [...] lady opened her door so hard and banged against our Integra in one of those malls in Richmond. I should have retaliated after she left or these people will not learn common decency but I was too nice back then.

Take a note of her plate too because you want to avoid her next time. :)

My daughter banged an adjacent car very gently over the weekend and I scolded her for doing that. The BS she gave me was the wind blew it but there was no gusty wind at that time. Treat other people's property as your own and we will all live very long and peaceful lives.
These careless people aren't going to learn if you give them another dent in their car.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9763 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:48 pm
These careless people aren't going to learn if you give them another dent in their car.
i bet $500-1,000 in deductibles would, especially for those who leased their cars. :)

Talk would be ineffective but usually a monetary disincentive will, especially if enough victims retaliate. I can only imagine what their cars will start looking like.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4283 posts
2894 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:57 pm
i bet $500-1,000 in deductibles would, especially for those who leased their cars. :)

Talk would be ineffective but usually a monetary disincentive will, especially if enough victims retaliate. I can only imagine what their car will start looking like.
I still doubt it. If they're banging cars with their doors then their door's edge is going to be messed up already. They probably also have a Camry dent and other scuffs around the car.
Even if they didn't, what are you going to do? Dent their car in front them? So they retaliate for that? Now your car is even more messed up. Or maybe the guy snaps and beats the shit out of you?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9763 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:04 am
I still doubt it. If they're banging cars with their doors then their door's edge is going to be messed up already. They probably also have a Camry dent and other scuffs around the car.
Even if they didn't, what are you going to do? Dent their car in front them? So they retaliate for that? Now your car is even more messed up. Or maybe the guy snaps and beats the shit out of you?
Of course I wouldn't do anything until they are out of sight. I don't know martial arts or can't dodge bullets like Keanu Reeves can.

Why would I do it in front of them? lol . That would be stupid and too confrontational.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4283 posts
2894 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:06 am
Of course I wouldn't do anything until they are out of sight. I don't know martial arts or can't dodge bullets like Keanu Reeves can.

Why would I do it in front of them? lol . That would be stupid and too confrontational.
Damaging someones car is petty and bad karma. Now you're no better than they are. Plus you'll scuff your own door if you use that to ding them.

You'd be better off taking a photo of their plates and naming/shaming them here or on some of those bad parking websites.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9763 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:13 am
Damaging someones car is petty and bad karma. Now you're no better than they are. Plus you'll scuff your own door if you use that to ding them.

You'd be better off taking a photo of their plates and naming/shaming them here or on some of those bad parking websites.
I wouldn't use my car door to cause the damage.

You are right though that's it's better to not retaliate but from what I read, the other party was a pure jerk.

Maybe that's why our two newer cars aren't dinged because we have never caused any damage to neighboring vehicles. As for my Civic, I still get the feeling it might get banged up when I back into tight parking spaces at the Go Station or mall, when I have no choice and am pressed for time but then I realize it's worth next to nothing, so bang away.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7366 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
WTF, why is the OP getting negged? What an annoying disgusting world we live in, ppl actually taking the side of that B? You're saying there's 0 anyone can do, just claim insurance? The deductible would probably take up 1/2 of the cost to have the dent/paint fixed, never mind affecting their premiums since made a claim.

That woman needs to be corrected like that caretaker corrected his family in The Shining. Another useless human in this world. Talk about crappy and disgusting attitude, does the wrong AND disses the victim. That's mind-boggling Bizarro World stuff.

Evil (or in this case, slime) prevails when good men do nothing. Don't let the same ppl that are the exact same slimy mold as that B described in the OP win. THUMBS UP the thread and take it back from the orcs! TO THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by tranquility922 on Nov 15th, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 22, 2017
231 posts
71 upvotes
Dude that lady sounds like a total jerk and a douche for sure. Obviously OP wasn't looking for any monetary value but just an apology maybe from the lady.

Hey OP check if there is a camera where you parked? A CCTV footage is usually good just in case to prove your innocence.