• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 11:11 pm
Tags:
None
10 replies
Mar 6, 2012
783 posts
266 upvotes
You don't seem to have linked your picture correctly. It looks like some facebook link and whenever I try to go to it directly I get this message:
[QUOTE]Sorry, this content isn't available right now[/QUOTE]
Mar 13, 2012
350 posts
118 upvotes
Sarnia
tsojung wrote: Hi all,

Looking for some help understanding if anything is eating my lawn per this picture. If so, what can I do to fix this?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 218e003bf7
Looks more like a chemical burn than insect damage -i.e. dog urine, fertilizer. If you can lift up the damaged turf easily, then you might notice white grubs.

I noticed you had been doing some painting. Did you use any chemical cleaner beforehand?

If dog urine/chemical burn is a possibility, try watering the spots to disperse the chemical, then reseed. If grub damage, search for controls.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2474 posts
170 upvotes
Another contributor might be using a weed killer like Roundup which might also explain the faded area on the patio slabs.
May 18, 2013
6 posts
kellymisty wrote: Looks more like a chemical burn than insect damage -i.e. dog urine, fertilizer. If you can lift up the damaged turf easily, then you might notice white grubs.

I noticed you had been doing some painting. Did you use any chemical cleaner beforehand?

If dog urine/chemical burn is a possibility, try watering the spots to disperse the chemical, then reseed. If grub damage, search for controls.
Hi there,
I don't have any dogs and the neighbors don't have any either.
Fertilizer - I used the liquid spray type of fertilizer and the last time I did it was about two months ago. I'm only noticing the damaged lawn in the last few weeks.
I tried to lift the turf but can't seem to do so.
Painting - no, no painting was done in the last year.
May 18, 2013
6 posts
Becks wrote: Did OP use a spreader to spread the fertilizer?
Hi, I used the liquid type of fertilizer about two months ago. Only noticing the damage maybe about two weeks ago.
May 18, 2013
6 posts
Si98 wrote: Another contributor might be using a weed killer like Roundup which might also explain the faded area on the patio slabs.
I don't use any weed killer at all. I go down on my knee and manually pull the weed out where I can.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3488 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
Could be chinch bug, but I'm just guessing here.

We have those pests in our lawn and the damage looks similar. Frequent watering to keep your lawn strong through dry periods seems to help. I usually have to reseed some patches every fall though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5768 posts
3612 upvotes
Also think it looks similar to chinch bug damage. Which starts to show up in the hot dry months. Google chinch bug to see what they look like and see if you can see those little bastards running around when it's hot and sunny out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)