Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Somus.com

Somus® Supreme Memory Foam Comfort Pillow - 2 Pack - $44 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2017 3:45 pm
Oct 11, 2010
157 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Same. My order also shows Free Shipping and total $59USD
Jan 25, 2012
312 posts
146 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I got free shipping and on my order (10:22 AM EST) and confirmation email has listed 44USD for pillows and 0 for shipping.
Oct 6, 2008
182 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
Don't put the promo code in until the payment screen. That seemed to work for me when I did a fake order to test.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2007
1015 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
Jtu85 wrote: Don't put the promo code in until the payment screen. That seemed to work for me when I did a fake order to test.
Didn't work. By the time you click on "Complete Order" there is error and putting back the $9 shipping charge.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Groupon price is USD, it is a permanent item in Groupon, shipping is extra. Occasion groupon promo code + eb@tes will make it cheaper than $45. Best promo code I had was a 40% off code.
mcwilly wrote: Use promo code: WINTER44

The regular price on somus.com is $179.98 USD for a 2-pack. Amazon.ca has a few listings for $215 - $398 CAD for the 2-pack.

A pillow is a rather subjective item, but in my opinion these are the best pillows on the planet, best sleeps of my life on these. I originally got two of these on Groupon a couple years ago thinking nothing special of it, but as that deal ran dead and I realized how amazing these are I have been scouring the earth ever since then to get more. The price has finally dropped again.

For reviews you can head to somus.com has 2,697 reviews or groupon has 5,115 reviews, it looks like I'm not alone in my love for these.

After ordering 2 sets on somus.com out of excitement at $44 USD each, I have now just noticed that they are back up on groupon as well. It lists the deal at $49, but I'm not sure if it is USD or CAD.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Dec 24, 2011
891 posts
634 upvotes
BenK wrote: try a shredded memory foam pillow, thats what i use now and its great. I got the XtremeComfort slim ones from amazon.COM, I don't believe they ship to Canada at the moment.
Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried two of them, they just don't suit me. First one I tried was from amazon.ca and the stuffing was lackluster.

The second one I tried was the #1 rated shredded memory foam on Amazon.com (Co-op memory foam pillow) and I found it was too. Ended up taking some stuffing out, but just didn't feel right when it had less fill and returned that as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
1x Somus® Supreme Memory Foam Comfort Pillow - 2 Pack - Standard for $179.98 each

Discount (code: WINTER44): $-135.98 USD
Subtotal : $44.00 USD
Shipping : $0.00 USD
Total : $44.00 USD

From my order shortly after this thread was posted
Nov 20, 2011
308 posts
233 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Bought it. 53$ USD. system keeps overriding the free shipping option. My neck hurts. i need a good pillow
Oct 15, 2008
158 posts
149 upvotes
Thanks op! Good find, appreciate your post!
Feb 7, 2008
73 posts
103 upvotes
I jumped on this deal yesterday, placed my order at 10:15 am. Paid $44 us, free shipping using the WINTER44 code. Arrived today at 9:15. Shipped out of Bolton ON. The pillows look and feel quite nice, no chemical odor like some of the amazon reviews suggested. Obviously haven't tried sleeping on the pillow yet, but gotta say that was fast shipping.
Oct 6, 2008
182 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
bagabus wrote: I jumped on this deal yesterday, placed my order at 10:15 am. Paid $44 us, free shipping using the WINTER44 code. Arrived today at 9:15. Shipped out of Bolton ON. The pillows look and feel quite nice, no chemical odor like some of the amazon reviews suggested. Obviously haven't tried sleeping on the pillow yet, but gotta say that was fast shipping.
Wow that was quick! Did they even get a chance to send you a tracking number?
Nov 11, 2016
40 posts
3 upvotes
bagabus wrote: I jumped on this deal yesterday, placed my order at 10:15 am. Paid $44 us, free shipping using the WINTER44 code. Arrived today at 9:15. Shipped out of Bolton ON. The pillows look and feel quite nice, no chemical odor like some of the amazon reviews suggested. Obviously haven't tried sleeping on the pillow yet, but gotta say that was fast shipping.
Give us a review after you have a nights rest with it!
Feb 7, 2008
73 posts
103 upvotes
Nope, didn't get a tracking number or even a notification that it was shipped. Just an order confirmation email. It was shipped through Canada Post Expedited Parcel.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've given up on pillows. Instead I use a couple bed sheets under my head. I find it much easier to form them into a comfortable shape. With pillows I never seem able to put my neck and head in proper position
Jan 12, 2017
1 posts
alanbrenton wrote: Fakespot rates it a C :(
http://fakespot.com/product/somus-comfort-pillow

Still a TU to the OP for posting a detailed description of the deal.
I don't know how credible that is, under Reviews Summary they quote 2 quotes from the same review (a negative one) when there are 14 reviews on Amazon. The quotes I'm talking about are:
- Both my husband and i liked these pillows for about two days
- Then the neck and shoulder pain set in

They put these as separate bullet points in different order, this review aggregate seems a bit bugged.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
I think memory foam is highly overrated. It's excellent for the purpose for which it was invented: astronaut seats. Memory foam conforms to your shape, but moves slowly. That means it provides good support with considerable reduction of pressure points, and resists losing that shape during sudden movements - such as when entering an atmosphere at high speed. Latex foam provides all the same benefits without the resistance to sudden movement. And why do you want resistance to movement in a pillow? How often do you experience heavy turbulence in bed? (Wait... don't answer that.) When you move your head, do you really want the old indentation to take its time refilling and the new one to slowly form, so you don't know where your head will end up until it stops moving?
It's a product without a market (not enough space flight to support it) so they use it in everything and exaggerate the benefits. There are even memory foam floor mats, and they claim that it's somehow a benefit that your feet will sink in slightly more slowly and then leave temporary footprints.

Anyway, that's my view. I do highly recommend that you form your own view after personally comparing a good latex pillow to any memory foam pillow you like. They are usually categorized as high loft (thick) or low loft (thin), and then firm or "plush" (soft). My fave is high loft plush, but your fave will depend on your sleeping position, head weight, shoulder size, and mattress firmness (the softer the mattress, the further you sink into it, making the pillow act more like a thicker one).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)