Son scratched a car by accident

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 9:24 am
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
We need all the RFD detectives to get together and solve this crime or at least maybe pitch in to hire an accident reconstruction team. Most of the posters most likely have those innocent kids that never do anything wrong but the rest of the neighborhood knows they are terrors.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18147 upvotes
ONTARIO
cutey130 wrote: What was the point of your original post, if you already have your mind made up? Also, it wouldn't hurt to go see the damage and draw conclusions from actual evidence like the other posters said.
The point is... His guilty conscious needs with affirmation that he is doing the "Right" thing. >=)
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
This sounds like a judge Judy case "why are you not responsible? is Byrd responsible? is me, judge Judy responsible? who do you think is responsible for dropping the tree on the persons car? did Byrd drop the tree? did I, judge Judy drop the tree?"

Just wondering, did you see the kids chase your son or did your SON say "oh some guys chased me so I dropped the tree on a car and scratched it"?

I have a feeling your son is just lying, that makes no sense, why would the kids chase your son? did they do it before? did your son provoke them?

Maybe just throw a Christmas tree at your car and see if it gets scratched...if you have a car...

Or take a picture of the 'scratch', if the door is falling off then the tree probably didn't do it...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18147 upvotes
ONTARIO
P.s. OP... lying to parents is an olympic sport to most kids...

Think about it for a sec...

If your kid went up to you and told you the truth... "daddy!!! I scratch a car bc me and my friend thought it was fun to drag a tree across the parking lot... now they want you to pay $1500 for the paint job :("

Would you say "thanks for the honesty son! It was just an accident... no video games for a week! Lets go have some ice cream" hug it out.

Nah... he was probably fearing a mighty yelling.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
UrbanPoet wrote: P.s. OP... lying to parents is an olympic sport to most kids...

Think about it for a sec...

If your kid went up to you and told you the truth... "daddy!!! I scratch a car bc me and my friend thought it was fun to drag a tree across the parking lot... now they want you to pay $1500 for the paint job :("

Would you say "thanks for the honesty son! It was just an accident... no video games for a week! Lets go have some ice cream" hug it out.

Nah... he was probably fearing a mighty yelling.
I suspect a parent like OP would have still found a way to turn the story around and somehow make it the car owner's fault.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)