Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Sony a5000 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm lens, $348 [Walmart]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2015 3:36 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
forgetpwd wrote: buy now return later, better than miss it. You can't be more pissed off than me on SL1.

You can always try going to Staples and Price matching it...

Use the 10% Coupon to bring it down to $270.00

===
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
ericdraven wrote: You can always try going to Staples and Price matching it...

Use the 10% Coupon to bring it down to $270.00

===
staples only has a3000, no a5000 bundle the walmart has. my bad, search on staples sony a5000 found nothing, but search sony 55-210 it pops up. but walmart is OOS now, just checked. how do you get 270 at staples? 348 - 10% off. = 304, staples no longer beat by 10% I believe.
Apr 15, 2010
184 posts
21 upvotes
My advice to anyone looking to buy a camera, don't get too caught up in all the hype, extra features etc. Take 5 minutes to think about your experience with cameras and your ability to use one. Don't think just because you're going to spend $500+ on a camera it means you'll be a professional photographer overnight. If from past experience 90% of your pictures were taken using the 'automatic' feature of a camera, then don't go to crazy. I have the a5000 and I'm happy with it so far. Cannot justify spending the extra for the a6000. Based on reviews, and the type of user I am, I would not benefit from any 'extra' features. I also picked up a SL1 that Sears was clearing out just because it was that cheap.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
forgetpwd wrote: buy now return later, better than miss it. You can't be more pissed off than me on SL1.
I don't know man....you should see what we have right now for a camera
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Apr 13, 2017
37 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey
nesta1 wrote: My advice to anyone looking to buy a camera, don't get too caught up in all the hype, extra features etc. Take 5 minutes to think about your experience with cameras and your ability to use one. Don't think just because you're going to spend $500+ on a camera it means you'll be a professional photographer overnight. If from past experience 90% of your pictures were taken using the 'automatic' feature of a camera, then don't go to crazy. I have the a5000 and I'm happy with it so far. Cannot justify spending the extra for the a6000. Based on reviews, and the type of user I am, I would not benefit from any 'extra' features. I also picked up a SL1 that Sears was clearing out just because it was that cheap.
what he said ^ lol
buddy has the a6000 and i can borrow his lenses ! i really like the sony 10-18 he has for architecture type photo's !
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
any luck recently on the price matches? going to check a local walmart. Want to try bestbuy pm and see if I can get the extra lens bonus.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Dec 16, 2007
184 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this camera last year and it's pretty solid. I use a Canon 60D as well. This A5000 has all but replaced it due to its size. I brought it for backcountry camping and to Cuba and what not. It takes some great pictures. Even with just the 16-50mm lens, the pictures really are quite good. For general use without doing any fancy, they easily rival my 60D.

The panoramic feature also actually works. I figured it was just some useless gimmick but I've actually used it and actually got a few nice shots.

This camera makes for an excellent secondary choice when you don't necessarily want to lug around a DSLR or you want to bring a decent camera somewhere that would be the end of the world if you lost it. Absolutely no regrets buying this.
May 21, 2006
222 posts
348 upvotes
Thanks op for the deal link. Ordered on Saturday and got it today. Any suggestion for battery charger and a case?
------->>>>>
Nov 29, 2014
19 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
I was able to snag a SL1 and T4i from Sears last week, but I'm considering a A5000. Anyone willing to trade? PM me. Thanks!
May 14, 2013
85 posts
84 upvotes
PM'd BB to $338.00 + 16.90 = $354.90 total (Alberta tax)
Thanks OP

If anyone in Calgary still wants to PM, if you check the Walmart site it still shows stock at their Cochrane location.

Edit: There were no BestBuy stores in Calgary that had it in stock, but I just went into a BestBuy and asked if they could order it from their warehouse. As long as they have stock online, they can order from there (only 3 left online as of this post).
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
monkeyphs wrote: I was able to snag a SL1 and T4i from Sears last week, but I'm considering a A5000. Anyone willing to trade? PM me. Thanks!
Oh if I had gotten one I would have. Got refused on the price match. But hey you let me know if you want to just sell off one of the two :P
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Jan 15, 2015
9 posts
montreal, QC
I was able to find one in my local Montreal store last night. On the walmart website, it was written that they had limited stock in that particular store, so I didn't know if I could price match with Bestbuy based on that info.

I just had a newbie question: is it possible to bring my walmart receipt to a Bestbuy store and ask for a price match and get the camera for 10% less than what I bought if for at walmart? (I could then return the one bought at walmart since I have 14 days to return it).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)