Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Sony a7 kit + Carl Zeiss 35mm f2.8 + Battery grip $2199 @ Henry's

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2015 12:01 am
Tags:
None
Aug 25, 2010
658 posts
227 upvotes
erictron wrote: I love how they're giving out a premium high end camera with what is essentially a kit lens.
Also, Sigma 35 f/1.4 ART is far sharper and way lower f/stop. Cold.
Let me guess, you've never actually used the A7 or the Zeiss 35mm, have you? I have the A7 with the Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 and it is sharp corner to corner. It also measures objectively higher in sharpness than the sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART (dxomark). Not to mention it's also very light, compact, and weather sealed.
erictron wrote: The quality is decent. The 24-70 f/4l has far better aperture (f/4 thoughout vs f/5.6). If you stepped up the Canon 24-70 it would toast the sony in terms of image quality. Lets not even talk about the 24-105 f/4L IS. Lower aperture, image stabilization, better range, and it's damn sharp.

In conclusion, nearly every kit lens included in a full frame package is better than this. The only thing I can think of to compare this to is the 18-55 f/4-5.6 that comes with Rebel. Sure, the Sony is sharper. But that's all it's got.
I've used both the Canon and Zeiss 24-70mm f/4 lenses, and the Canon doesn't do anything close to "toast" the Zeiss. Once again, objective test put the Zeiss lens sharper than the Canon, too.

You seem to love crapping all over the Zeiss lenses with no concept of how they actually perform. Zeiss has a long history strong performance and a solid reputation among photographers, and, lately has produced some of the sharpest lenses.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
erictron wrote: If you're asking me about prices, maybe you need to research.

The 24-105 f4l is the standard kit lens that comes with the Canon 5d mk2/mk3.
The 24-70 f/4l is the kit lens that comes with the 6d.

Both outperform this sony lens like the dickens. They should bundle it with a decent range lens f/4 or under. The 24-70 f4l isn't that heavy, especially compared with the f/2.8. And it's a damn sharp lens. Let's not even talk about focus time.

Sony's got their body game down, but something's gotta be done about their lenses.
thats why you'd sell the kit lens for 300 and pair it with the zeiss 55. Too bad the deal is over

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)