Hot Deals

Sony A7II with 28-70mm lens for $998 USD. EDIT: Adorama ships to Canada. EDIT2: Extended.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 7:12 pm
Oct 6, 2016
168 posts
63 upvotes
Burnaby
elty wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 9:07 pm
Maybe just use your phone.
You need newer iphone/pixel for bokheh photos family portraits.
Apr 12, 2018
35 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks, OP.
Very tempting, but will wait for A6500 deals to replace aged NEX-6 and avoid updating the lenses.

To those speaking about using the phones - haha, did you ever check any phone photos taken indoors on a >10 in. screen? :) Noise and blur and cr@p no matter what the model is
Mar 12, 2004
866 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you don’t plan to invest in expensive good quality full frame e mount lens, there is no point buying this FF camera. Get a a6300/a6500 which has smaller body, 4K video, much better focus system and good cheap aps c lenses.
Nov 11, 2009
419 posts
101 upvotes
Edmonton
ToMWork wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:06 am
Thanks, OP.
Very tempting, but will wait for A6500 deals to replace aged NEX-6 and avoid updating the lenses.

To those speaking about using the phones - haha, did you ever check any phone photos taken indoors on a >10 in. screen? :) Noise and blur and cr@p no matter what the model is
Agreed. Either that, or picking up a used A6500.

Or maybe the a6500 successor, whenever that comes.
Jan 8, 2016
41 posts
28 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
andy28 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 7:53 pm
Hmm really depends on the size of the picture and the printer... TBH family photos that are like 5x7 or even like 8x10 should be fine on a iphone quality picture I don't think a DSLR or full frame mirrorless will be much different... if you really said they looked that great. I would blame the quality of the printer company you are using... you know paying 15cents to 3 bucks a print what you expect.
Everyone has a different set of standards when it comes to what quality they find acceptable.

To provide more context, I have been using the Sony Nex 5, and now the a6000 for some time. I send out a family christmas card pic each year and the $.015 processing does an amazing job displaying the image created by these two cameras. Colour and sharpness are exceptional. The iphone pic i recently took looked amazing on my iphone screen and therefore I assumed the print would be amazing but sadly, it came no where near close to the success i had with the Christmas card pics.

If you dont print pics and simply email them to family, iphone would likely suffice. If you expect to print to frame, give copies to grandparents (that they likely want to proudly display) put in picture books etc, you may want to experiment by printing off a phone pic and deciding for yourself if you are ok with the quality. All imo.
Jun 13, 2017
242 posts
119 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Damn RFD.. Now I have USD1000 less in my account. Disappointed But Relieved Face
"Are you telling me to get a smart switch instead of a smart bulb for my bedside night lamp?"

ArloCopter
Apr 12, 2018
35 posts
17 upvotes
Seems to be usual deal - popped up in Bestbuy USA black friday flyer as well, may be with less small stuff in the set.

No signs of A6500/6300 on sale yet Confused Face
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
2932 posts
541 upvotes
Calgary
Hope Henry’s or vistek does this deal