• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2019 12:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1509 posts
69 upvotes

Sony A7iii and remote shooting app

Recently switch to sony. I love the camera but the apps and the menu makes me wanna throw it in the river.

Playmemories is stuck on the spinning "loading" icon right after you put in your password.

Imaging Edge Mobile App doesn't seem to be able to switch focus without physically pressing the focus button or tapping the camera screen. Is there some sort of setting on the camera I am missing here? With canon, you just tap the area you want to focus on (on your mobile device) and it switches focus. I've tried looking around youtube and tutorials seems to be seem to be geared towards Imaging Edge Desktop App.

I just want to be able to set my camera down and remotely fire off the shutter after I have adjusted the focus from my mobile device. Could someone please guide a sony newbie.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
1 reply
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1509 posts
69 upvotes
I found the answer/solution/hack to my issue. Hopefully this saves people from pulling their hair out like I did.

Problem: Imaging edge mobile app was not refocusing during remote shooting (shutter release).

I use back button focusing and the shutter button is exclusively for shutter release.

Solution: Bind AF with shutter for remote shooting. You will be out of focus while you move to your spot but mobile app will refocus before taking the shot. You are pretty much trusting sony's auto focus algorithm.

Menu → Tab 1 → page 6/14 → AF w/ shutter → ON
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)