Shopping Discussion

Sony BRAVIA 55" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (KDL55NX720)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2012 12:32 pm
[OP]
Jan 1, 2012
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Sony BRAVIA 55" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (KDL55NX720)

I read that this TV was recently on sale during Best Buy's private sale at the beginning of December.
It was going for $1460.
It's currently on sale for 1799.99, but that's way over my budget.
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm wondering how likely it would be for me to be able to bargain with a BB sales rep to come close to that $1460 price it went for recently.
While the reviews look quite good for this TV I'm also wondering if I may be missing out in not considering another TV in the same price range, so if you have an alternate suggestion that would be great too!
I will be mostly gaming on the TV but also watching some blu-rays and lots of HD cable.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23645 posts
8630 upvotes
Toronto
Try Update TV & Stereo (Markham - Elgin Mills/Leslie) - the sale is still going on, probably another week or 2. You can still negotiate based on their current sales price, probably another $150 - $200 off.

I believe the listing sales price now is $1700, therefore, if you are successful in negotiating for another $200 off, then you should get it for $1500.

I just bought my Sharp 52LE835U from this shop on Dec 31 and the owner took off another $150 from the discounted sales price.

afxwinter wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2012 1:17 pm
I read that this TV was recently on sale during Best Buy's private sale at the beginning of December.
It was going for $1460.
It's currently on sale for 1799.99, but that's way over my budget.
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm wondering how likely it would be for me to be able to bargain with a BB sales rep to come close to that $1460 price it went for recently.
While the reviews look quite good for this TV I'm also wondering if I may be missing out in not considering another TV in the same price range, so if you have an alternate suggestion that would be great too!
I will be mostly gaming on the TV but also watching some blu-rays and lots of HD cable.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8268 posts
3988 upvotes
You snooze, you lose. It is as simple as that ... Nobody here can tell you when/if something will go on sale again.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
afxwinter wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2012 1:17 pm
If it was a Door Crasher with limited supplies, you're out of luck.

If it wasn't a Door Crasher. then I have to ask this question - why on earth do people need to post a question asking for advice as too whether or not this sort of thing may be possible?

Just get some balls, go into the store and ask to speak with the Manager. Say you want to buy it at the price you saw, and see what he/she says. If they say yes, you got your TV. If they say no, you get another TV. It's that simple.

See? No permission needed. :lol:
[OP]
Jan 1, 2012
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2012 6:24 pm
Try Update TV & Stereo (Markham - Elgin Mills/Leslie) - the sale is still going on, probably another week or 2. You can still negotiate based on their current sales price, probably another $150 - $200 off.

I believe the listing sales price now is $1700, therefore, if you are successful in negotiating for another $200 off, then you should get it for $1500.

I just bought my Sharp 52LE835U from this shop on Dec 31 and the owner took off another $150 from the discounted sales price.
Thanks for the advise! Unfortunately the shop doesn't have the tv on for 1700, they have it at 1799.99.
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2012 8:56 pm
If it was a Door Crasher with limited supplies, you're out of luck.

If it wasn't a Door Crasher. then I have to ask this question - why on earth do people need to post a question asking for advice as too whether or not this sort of thing may be possible?

Just get some balls, go into the store and ask to speak with the Manager. Say you want to buy it at the price you saw, and see what he/she says. If they say yes, you got your TV. If they say no, you get another TV. It's that simple.

See? No permission needed. :lol:
I don't have a car so I'd be either getting a friend to drive me or taking the bus. If it was well known that BB isn't able to negotiate I would rather wait until the inevitable price drops in a couple months to avoid wasting my time even attempting to haggle with them.
I understand that BB don't work on commission like FS sales reps do (where I've had a lot of success in the past).
This is why I was looking for some insight or some info on BB policy to arm myself if I'm gowing to make the trip out there. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23645 posts
8630 upvotes
Toronto
[quote="afxwinter" post_id="14037438" time="1325596172" user_id="510317"]Thanks for the advise! Unfortunately the shop doesn't have the tv on for 1700, they have it at 1799.99.

Did you actually call the shop and see if they will sell to you for $1500 ? Like I said, the listing sales price is negotiable. I was just there yesterday buying a soundbar from Trevor.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2012
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2012 8:53 am

I just called them, unforunately they're sold out and said they won't be getting any more.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23645 posts
8630 upvotes
Toronto
If no luck @ HDTV and electronics, then try G & G Electronics (Scar.). I bought my 55EX720 there on boxing week. However, the price is the price. No more negotiation. It did beat out everyone in the GTA by $50 (not bragging).