• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2015 10:22 pm
Tags:
Jul 21, 2010
60 posts
2 upvotes
Newmarket

Sony Canada Laptop Clearing Yet?

After they announced the bow out, are they clearing their laptop yet? I'm in the market.
8 replies
Dec 8, 2014
474 posts
81 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Didn't Sony already sell their laptop division off some time ago?
Jun 9, 2007
874 posts
210 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
aaspahdc wrote: Didn't Sony already sell their laptop division off some time ago?
That's what I thought too. I wouldn't get a Sony laptop personally...imagine if something went wrong with it.
Jan 5, 2015
73 posts
4 upvotes
Cloud
Theory wrote: That's what I thought too. I wouldn't get a Sony laptop personally...imagine if something went wrong with it.
Parts are expensive. My friend had one, the power socket on the laptop doesn't work (from all the plug in/pull out during use) and a shop told her it's better to invest in a new laptop. Sony lappys look nice though, I'd give them that.
Jun 9, 2007
874 posts
210 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Panashav wrote: Parts are expensive. My friend had one, the power socket on the laptop doesn't work (from all the plug in/pull out during use) and a shop told her it's better to invest in a new laptop. Sony lappys look nice though, I'd give them that.
Personally, I had 2 of them. The first one had fan issues where it would just be really loud randomly and a broken webcam. It went to the shop about 3 times, each time taking approximately 2 to 3 weeks just to repair. My second one which I purchased about 3 years ago, works flawlessly. I only purchased it from Sony as the price was amazing for the specs. In all honesty, now that Sony doesn't own VAIO, I wouldn't get one.
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
No problems with my 3 S series. Probably their best one imo.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
jackrabbit000 wrote: I wouldn't buy any Sony laptop or any Sony product. Bought a Sony Vaio for my daughter. The thing is nothing but problems from day one. Replaced the audio card 4 times and is bagged again. Now it's a boat anchor. If you want a good laptop...buy an HP.
You didn't just recommend a bad brand for another garbage brand... HPs are junk as well
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Sony sold off its VAIO computer division last year in March.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
I've owned a Sony laptop for 6 years and haven't had a single problem with it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)