• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2007 1:10 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2007
109 posts
Toronto

Is the Sony Ericsson w580i good? if not .. what is

yeah, i might buy it from rogers. whats a good and cheap plan? would it be possible to throw in free text messaging?

is it a good phone?

.. like, i kind of use my phone .. buit not 24/7. Iwould want it to have a camera and for it to be something really nice.. maybe slide. could i get it for free??

thoughts??
also .. what phone from rogers like .. a nice phone dop you think i could get for free?

thanks!
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
If you sign a contract with them, they'll probably give it for free. Personally, I don't like SE's esp the sliders, the keys are made of crap and crack like an egg.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
The w580 is decent phone. The earlier batches have weak keys that tend to crack in half. I believe the later batches have this problem fixed. If you get it off rogers and it does happen, they will warrant it. The phone itself has pretty good battery life as well as being quad band so it has good reception.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1511 posts
9 upvotes
Havo wrote: The w580 is decent phone. The earlier batches have weak keys that tend to crack in half. I believe the later batches have this problem fixed. If you get it off rogers and it does happen, they will warrant it. The phone itself has pretty good battery life as well as being quad band so it has good reception.
thats not true, the keypads still crack with the later batches.. check the following thread for details:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... e=17&pp=15

if you can stand the keypads to crack, then its still a good phone. But the op really didn't say what they're looking for in the phone. mainly for gaming use? listening to music? internet/email? just calls (reception is important)?
You relaly need to tell us what you'll be using the phone for or else we can't provide much of an opinion on whether the phone will suit your needs.
Dec 2, 2005
946 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
it looks great, but as other said, keypad problem.

Also none of my friends and myself can find the option to automatically close all menus when you close the slide (as I can with my Samsung D807. Quite a hassel at least for me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5604 posts
438 upvotes
Mississauga
woodstock827 wrote: it looks great, but as other said, keypad problem.

Also none of my friends and myself can find the option to automatically close all menus when you close the slide (as I can with my Samsung D807. Quite a hassel at least for me.
i don't have one... but i use a lot of SE phones... my guess is have the keypad-lock switch active, then close... like u can unlock the keypad when the slide is open, but the switch would still be in active state...
Dec 2, 2005
946 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
well the keypad does unlock itself when you slide it open.. but once you get into menus, then the keys won't lock even if you close the slide. It only locks if you exit all menus, and then close the slide.
some people may find it useful.. but I don't... I like to exit all programs when I close the slide. This option would be a requirement for me to get the phone.
Jan 10, 2007
967 posts
1 upvote
W810i is still a really good phone if you're in need of an alternative. Never heard of any cracked key issues with this phone, plus there are lots around for sale used. I'm not sure if Rogers still offers the w810i though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)