Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Sony MDREX31BN NC BT in earbuds 55$

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2014 8:42 am
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
1062 posts
162 upvotes
Richmond Hill
excellent set of BT headphones - you can replace with your own set of buds if you prefer...

best feature would be the NFC - you can just tap it against your phone to sync...

hot buy at $55 - i was able to get them for $50 from the Sony store since they had it on clearance once but great price regardless
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
aznangel wrote: excellent set of BT headphones - you can replace with your own set of buds if you prefer...

best feature would be the NFC - you can just tap it against your phone to sync...

hot buy at $55 - i was able to get them for $50 from the Sony store since they had it on clearance once but great price regardless
thanks, how's your impression with it so far?
care to share a little bit of review?

thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
1062 posts
162 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pros:
- Battery life: lasted over a day - mostly listening to music and answer a few calls
- Sound quality: very good set of phones - good on the bass, may take a bit of bit of getting used to since they're a bit big but they're very comfortable for me
- Controls: all basic controls available - sound, track skip, noise cancelling - i did notice that when battery was running low - the controls sometimes didn't register consistently
- Noise Cancelling: was able to cancel some ambient car noise, air plane engine, etc...not the best but not the worst either
- User replaceable headphones - any 3.5mm will work
- Charges via micro usb - great for android since i only need to carry around one charging cable
- came with 3 sets of tips
- NFC!!! - i just tap it against my phone and it automatically turns on bluetooth and syncs the headset

Cons:
- no carrying case
- the cables for the provided set of earphones seem a bit thin - would prefer a bit more heavy duty but that's being very picky
- would like to set a pair of foam tips
Oct 24, 2008
379 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Pm'ed at FS for $51.40 total. Thanks OP.
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
aznangel wrote: Pros:
- Battery life: lasted over a day - mostly listening to music and answer a few calls
- Sound quality: very good set of phones - good on the bass, may take a bit of bit of getting used to since they're a bit big but they're very comfortable for me
- Controls: all basic controls available - sound, track skip, noise cancelling - i did notice that when battery was running low - the controls sometimes didn't register consistently
- Noise Cancelling: was able to cancel some ambient car noise, air plane engine, etc...not the best but not the worst either
- User replaceable headphones - any 3.5mm will work
- Charges via micro usb - great for android since i only need to carry around one charging cable
- came with 3 sets of tips
- NFC!!! - i just tap it against my phone and it automatically turns on bluetooth and syncs the headset

Cons:
- no carrying case
- the cables for the provided set of earphones seem a bit thin - would prefer a bit more heavy duty but that's being very picky
- would like to set a pair of foam tips
much appreciated, can't wait for mine to arrive
Nov 30, 2007
822 posts
336 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Ordered and thanked!
I need to stop spending money because of RFD, $150+ today... :razz:
Jul 7, 2007
33 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, PM'ed with FS, it's $45.49+tax.
Feb 9, 2008
570 posts
128 upvotes
Were you able to PM even though it's backordered?
Nov 21, 2010
54 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
cheetah33 wrote: Were you able to PM even though it's backordered?
I just got off the phone with FS and they did it for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
thanks op. 51.40 all in pm'd at fs
Feb 1, 2012
765 posts
427 upvotes
Montreal
AJDumo wrote: Ordered and thanked!
I need to stop spending money because of RFD, $150+ today... :razz:
Ordered and thanked too ! Good deal OP , was tempted to buy the PISTON ! it`s good i did not pull the trigger.
Mar 28, 2013
67 posts
530 upvotes
Montreal
thanks op, pm FS without any problem. 45.49 before tax
Nov 18, 2014
2 posts
Burlington, ON
I was lucky to buy them at Futureshop for $44.95 even though they appeared sold out everywhere. I called the closest store to my place and the guy on the phone managed to find a last one on the shelf for me. I've used many BT buds before and with all smartphone platforms. The one I was using before this is a Samsung hs3000 which also supports aPTX (a must for me). The only advantages the Samsung has are first the fact that it can be connected to two devices at the same time and second, the three preset EQ which can enhance the bass quite nicely. However, the Sony also supports AAC besides aPTX and the NC feature attenuated surrounding noises noticeably. As a commuter I find that a great add-on. Plus NFC pairing and way better and nicer looking buds than the Samsung ones. As others found out, I can also confirm the battery last a day easily.

The sound quality is excellent through the entire frequency range. I use Neutron player on all my devices, BB10, Android and iPhone and these BT buds work and sound as good on any platform even when pushed hard. Good enough that I don't need, at least during he cold season, to use my other more expensive wired buds or headphones.

The first thing I recommend especially for those planning to use it with smartphones and devices using aPTX and/or AAC (most of the Samsung, Sony, iPhone for AAC...) is reading the user guide. Unlike on the Samsung and other BT devices supporting aPTX, on the EX31BN it is not on by default, you have to manually turn it on or else it will use the default codecs. You will also find instructions ho to turn AI NC on.

My only issue, and maybe it's just user error, is that I couldn't find a way to mute a call, i havé to use thé phone for that
Nov 18, 2014
2 posts
Burlington, ON
I was lucky to buy them at Futureshop for $44.95 even though they appeared sold out everywhere. I called the closest store to my place and the guy on the phone managed to find a last one on the shelf for me. I've used many BT buds before and with all smartphone platforms. The one I was using before this is a Samsung hs3000 which also supports aPTX (a must for me). The only advantages the Samsung has are first the fact that it can be connected to two devices at the same time and second, the three preset EQ which can enhance the bass quite nicely. However, the Sony also supports AAC besides aPTX and the NC feature attenuated surrounding noises noticeably. As a commuter I find that a great add-on. Plus NFC pairing and way better and nicer looking buds than the Samsung ones. As others found out, I can also confirm the battery last a day easily.

The sound quality is excellent through the entire frequency range. I use Neutron player on all my devices, BB10, Android and iPhone and these BT buds work and sound as good on any platform even when pushed hard. Good enough that I don't need, at least during he cold season, to use my other more expensive wired buds or headphones.

The first thing I recommend especially for those planning to use it with smartphones and devices using aPTX and/or AAC (most of the Samsung, Sony, iPhone for AAC...) is reading the user guide. Unlike on the Samsung and other BT devices supporting aPTX, on the EX31BN it is not on by default, you have to manually turn it on or else it will use the default codecs. You will also find instructions ho to turn AI NC on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)