Jun 12, 2003
2820 posts
51 upvotes
Markham
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 2:22 pm
All Sony lenses do that.

How much did you get the lens for?
Ahh I see. I bought brand new retail from Aden.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2774 posts
367 upvotes
Vaughan
ritz1010 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 9:48 pm
Guys how are you checking shutter count on your A7iii and a7riii. The existing online shutter count tool is not working at all. Other apps show count zero. Just to add I am not using silent shutter.
Just realized my raw digger trial period ended. I download this program instead. http://www.soens.de/downloads/

Seems to work with only raw files, but shows shutter count, aperture, iso, and lens used. Its a completely free program. Just nothing everything is in English, but easy enough to use.
Aug 3, 2011
815 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
phuviano wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 3:56 am
Just realized my raw digger trial period ended. I download this program instead. http://www.soens.de/downloads/

Seems to work with only raw files, but shows shutter count, aperture, iso, and lens used. Its a completely free program. Just nothing everything is in English, but easy enough to use.
Thanks phuviano, i installed it but it is not showing all the raw files on the drop down menu on the left. Shows only a couple and that too in not all the folders. Any clues on what i am missing ?

EDIT: never mind, I found what I was missing. It was the slider at the bottom of the window.

Thanks a ton
Nov 23, 2010
163 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
For Architecture I suggest you to get a sigma 10-20mm , works well with sony a5000

xXKEIXx wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 12:24 pm
i have the a5000 with kit and am debating if I should get the rokinon 12mm. Mainly shooting landscape and architecture.
Apr 10, 2012
867 posts
370 upvotes
Can anyone chime in on whether getting into an a6000 (used market) is still a good decision at this point?

The camera is starting to age, but I'm wondering if there have been significant advances in technology that warrant waiting for/paying a premium for newer mirrorless models?

For example, I'm looking at a Fuji X-E3 as well, but it's almost double the price of the a6000 - is the tech significantly better and does it have significantly better IQ?
May 5, 2010
985 posts
285 upvotes
shahram0 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 10:24 am
Can anyone chime in on whether getting into an a6000 (used market) is still a good decision at this point?

The camera is starting to age, but I'm wondering if there have been significant advances in technology that warrant waiting for/paying a premium for newer mirrorless models?

For example, I'm looking at a Fuji X-E3 as well, but it's almost double the price of the a6000 - is the tech significantly better and does it have significantly better IQ?
In term of image quality, no, there hasn't being any significant improvement. Both A6000 and X-E3 will produce similar amazing pictures.

But in term of handling and user experience, X-E3 is way ahead. If you like having a nice EVF and rear screen, nice constructed body with well thought dials and buttons, go with the X-E3. If you don't care about that, get the A6000 at a way cheaper price. It took me a while to get used to my A6000, but now that I am, I can handle the messy menus and poor handling.

The main question is what lenses do you want to have and see if both brands offer it and at what price.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3919 posts
432 upvotes
shahram0 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 10:24 am

no, save your money
unless you're really stepping up (a7 iii for example)
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like Sony just pushed for a last minute press event on Sept 18th.

Three press events from Sony:

September 14 at 9.30am Berlin time: Expect a new pro camcorder. Only very small chance to get the new A7sIII.

September 18 (plus/minus one day): Major E-mount event. Maybe for new High End APS-C E-mount camera and/or the new A7sIII?

September 25 at 10am Berlin time: Photokina press conference. Maybe they will only show the products announced on Sept 18 or maybe they have some additional gear?

Pulled from Sony Alpha Rumors.

Rumor mill has a APSc version of the A9 coming, seperate from the potential a6700/a7000.

If Sony does announce the A7S3 with native 4K60 and fully articulating screen, well that would kill the vlog appeal of the Canon EOS R.
Feb 1, 2007
115 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton
Does anyone know if Sony warranty are transferable? I'm looking at buying a used a7iii but not sure if i should pull the trigger? Seller has receipts.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7343 posts
1295 upvotes
Google said they are but you will need that original receipt.
jeffreypen wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 10:42 am
Does anyone know if Sony warranty are transferable? I'm looking at buying a used a7iii but not sure if i should pull the trigger? Seller has receipts.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
jeffreypen wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 10:42 am
Original Receipt or eReciept works.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Baffled by the guys selling A7III for the same price as new A7R3s on Kijiji lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2774 posts
367 upvotes
Vaughan
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 1:36 pm
Baffled by the guys selling A7III for the same price as new A7R3s on Kijiji lol.
Supply and demand I guess.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1012 posts
62 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 10:18 am
Looks like Sony just pushed for a last minute press event on Sept 18th.

Three press events from Sony:

September 14 at 9.30am Berlin time: Expect a new pro camcorder. Only very small chance to get the new A7sIII.

September 18 (plus/minus one day): Major E-mount event. Maybe for new High End APS-C E-mount camera and/or the new A7sIII?

September 25 at 10am Berlin time: Photokina press conference. Maybe they will only show the products announced on Sept 18 or maybe they have some additional gear?

Pulled from Sony Alpha Rumors.

Rumor mill has a APSc version of the A9 coming, seperate from the potential a6700/a7000.

If Sony does announce the A7S3 with native 4K60 and fully articulating screen, well that would kill the vlog appeal of the Canon EOS R.
How quickly do bodies usually come out after these announcements... Just started eyeing up an A7III body
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7343 posts
1295 upvotes
A7iii was announced in late Feb and started shipping in April and early people got around May.

I am guessing if they are going with the announcement now, they are probably aiming for Xmas sale.
malaujai wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 5:15 pm
How quickly do bodies usually come out after these announcements... Just started eyeing up an A7III body
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: