Expired Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] PSN The Great Indoors Sale - Bloodborne DLC, Alienation, NIOH DLC

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2018 2:13 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2075 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
User381785 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:19 pm
Is Elite Dangerous base game worth $16?
I checked the price history of Elite Dangerous sold on Steam, and if you're going to get it either for PS4 or Steam then know that for $39.99 for PS4 is a very good price for both the game and the season pass. I calculated out with both the season pass and the base game are on sale on Steam, it works out to be the same amount. Now the question is if it's worth it? I don't own it, but it looks great to me.
Last edited by tigerhawk33 on Mar 13th, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1721 posts
180 upvotes
North York
trinxified wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:20 pm
what you guys think of Little Nightmares?
It was a good sidescroller. I enjoyed it. The only negative off the top of my head is that it's only 30fps. It seems like it drops below that sometimes. This was on xbox one so not sure of PS4 performance.

After playing Limbo and Inside at a smooth 60fps recently (similar type of games), it was kinda jarring sometimes. I found out later that it's 60fps on PS4 pro. Wish I knew beforehand.
Oct 29, 2010
271 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
I feel the need to add Tooth and Tail, which is on for $10 (w Plus). Normal price is $27.

I heard good things about it at launch and have been keeping on eye on it. This is the first time it's been on sale on PSN.
Aug 21, 2011
336 posts
57 upvotes
deciding if i should get 50% off nioh DLC season pass, or wait till it like 70% off
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2406 posts
252 upvotes
Durham Region
Except speed run and Bloodborne don't go well together. Atleast not for me :) I'll turn it on tonight and give it a whirl on NG+. See how hard the first boss is. Then I'll go from there.
MontrealParis wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:31 pm
No Vicar amelia is pretty early in the game. If you've already beaten it once you can just speed run a few bosses and then go play the DLC. It's totally worth it. It has the best bosses and best themes. An absolute masterpiece.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1606 posts
466 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Bought Street Fighter V Arcade edition for $37.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4490 posts
1148 upvotes
Toronto
ATLien69 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:14 pm
I really want to play this DLC but i beat the game a while ago which would put me in NG+. Would I have to play a whole bunch more again just to get to this DLC or can I access it directly?

Google tells me it's right after defeating Vicar Amelia, but I have no idea if that's the first of 10th boss lol. Count me out if I'd have to defeat any boss on NG+ lol
It's pretty early on. But you might want to start over with a fresh character if you find yourself having a tough time with the NG+ bosses in the regular game. The DLC bosses are quite a bit stronger than their normal counterparts, and it can be tough to fight them on NG+ difficulty or higher if you haven't played in a while, unless your character is significantly over-levelled.
Jul 23, 2011
729 posts
457 upvotes
NORTH YORK
spawn582 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:38 pm
It was a good sidescroller. I enjoyed it. The only negative off the top of my head is that it's only 30fps. It seems like it drops below that sometimes. This was on xbox one so not sure of PS4 performance.

After playing Limbo and Inside at a smooth 60fps recently (similar type of games), it was kinda jarring sometimes. I found out later that it's 60fps on PS4 pro. Wish I knew beforehand.
It also feels like a less exciting version of those two games. I played the demo, and while it was well made, I never really felt compelled to go back to the game. It just felt like an idea that has already been done lots of times before. Critics really liked it though...
Dec 4, 2016
300 posts
166 upvotes
Montreal
ATLien69 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 6:20 pm
Except speed run and Bloodborne don't go well together. Atleast not for me :) I'll turn it on tonight and give it a whirl on NG+. See how hard the first boss is. Then I'll go from there.
By speedrunning I mean you don't need to clean the areas. Just run to gascoigne, beat him, light the lamp and go from there to the next boos until you reach vicar amelia. It's pretty quicky. They were a bit harder than the first time (because NG+) but if you have level up enough then it's still pretty mcuh a formality.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2406 posts
252 upvotes
Durham Region
Well FML, I spent the last 4 hours playing BloodBorne on NG+ and what a game! I actually was able to beat Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne on the first try. Being at level 122 and having the highest fortified weapon probably helps :) But yea I remember why I loved this game so much a few years ago. Two more bosses to go. Guess it's time to buy that DLC!
MontrealParis wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:51 pm
By speedrunning I mean you don't need to clean the areas. Just run to gascoigne, beat him, light the lamp and go from there to the next boos until you reach vicar amelia. It's pretty quicky. They were a bit harder than the first time (because NG+) but if you have level up enough then it's still pretty mcuh a formality.
Mar 12, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
Does anybody know if Assassin’s Creed Chronicles is cross-buy?
Dec 4, 2016
300 posts
166 upvotes
Montreal
ATLien69 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:09 pm
Well FML, I spent the last 4 hours playing BloodBorne on NG+ and what a game! I actually was able to beat Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne on the first try. Being at level 122 and having the highest fortified weapon probably helps :) But yea I remember why I loved this game so much a few years ago. Two more bosses to go. Guess it's time to buy that DLC!
Exactly! Go for it!

Bloodborne is the best game of the generation. The DLC is amazing! You should play it with headphones on (or not if you have a good audio system) and listen to the boss themes the music is insanely good! ENJOY!!
May 28, 2008
204 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
In for:

-Bloodborne DLC (no brainer)
-DriveClub Bikes (DriveClub may be the best racing game on the PS4 and DC Bikes is no doubt the best bike racer on the PS4)
Dec 24, 2017
94 posts
49 upvotes
kq76 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:16 am
In for:

-Bloodborne DLC (no brainer)
-DriveClub Bikes (DriveClub may be the best racing game on the PS4 and DC Bikes is no doubt the best bike racer on the PS4)
Somehow Driveclub stutters for me since I have upgraded to the PS4 Pro....No idea whats causing it.