PC & Video Games

Sony Playstation 4 Pre-order Thread - $399 - Out Now

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2013 5:47 pm
Nov 6, 2011
508 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga
SHR3WD wrote: Just out of curiousity, what's so good about the shop.ca ps4 deal?

The 50$ off paypal promo + 20% cashback? Is that all?
lol, that's a savings of over 25% off the msrp on an item that isn't even released yet. What more do you want.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7463 posts
4047 upvotes
Montreal
thejohnhuynh wrote: lol, that's a savings of over 25% off the msrp on an item that isn't even released yet. What more do you want.
Didnt you know, on RFD, if it's not at least 50% off, it's automatically warm?
Jun 8, 2012
322 posts
126 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: lol at "is that all"

Sorry I didn't mean to sound that way.

What I meant was is there more to it or what I know is the best that can be done with the deal? Cause I missed the deal initially and never really checked what the deal was, since I missed it anyway..
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7463 posts
4047 upvotes
Montreal
SHR3WD wrote: Sorry I didn't mean to sound that way.

What I meant was is there more to it or what I know is the best that can be done with the deal? Cause I missed the deal initially and never really checked what the deal was, since I missed it anyway..
My bad then. You can refer to my OP in this thread: shop-ca-nexus-7-fhd-16gb-229-75-20-a-1402458/

Same applies for any items at Shop.ca
Jul 3, 2013
986 posts
678 upvotes
Kingston
Wouldnt mind some people to play KZ shadowfall with. PM or reply with yur psn id and ill add you :)
May 24, 2011
84 posts
8 upvotes
Emerald Park
Killzone is listed as 'Out of Stock' with 1278 on backorder. Uh oh.
Jul 23, 2008
737 posts
141 upvotes
KIRKLAND
macross_2ca wrote: Wooooo I got me self a ps4 controller!!
http://youtu.be/yL62kdmNZl0
Tried to play gta v on ps3 with it and didn't work.
But did work for battlefield 3 :)
http://youtu.be/EiLduFABzxc
Madevilz wrote: Heads up. Received Shop.ca newsletter this morning, it said PS4 Pre-Sale coming tomorrow...
Guessing they are going to re-stock soon.
Apparently going to be the PS4+Killzone+PSCamera bundle for delivery in December.
Oct 15, 2009
384 posts
63 upvotes
epidemic11 wrote: Killzone is listed as 'Out of Stock' with 1278 on backorder. Uh oh.
Ugh... thats rough least theres some time to hopefully fill those orders but thats a mighty fine number on back order

EDIT: Best buy has 350 on back order
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2011
1749 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Judging by the tracking info for my KZ from FS, seems like i'll be getting it for tomorrow instead of today. I have no clue why I'm so excited for receving something that I won't be able to use for more than a week from now. It'll make a good paper weight though I tell ya.
May 8, 2013
131 posts
126 upvotes
Windsor
really best buy has a back order in KZ? i changed my pre-order from futureshop to best buy last night because of futureshops backorder problem and got a copy shipped last night from them.... That's concerning on how i got my copy over someone else.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
epidemic11 wrote: Killzone is listed as 'Out of Stock' with 1278 on backorder. Uh oh.
I remember seeing the same thing with Batman Blackgate on PS Vita a few weeks ago. a day after it happened (-182 at the time) they shipped
Oct 15, 2009
384 posts
63 upvotes
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: I remember seeing the same thing with Batman Blackgate on PS Vita a few weeks ago. a day after it happened (-182 at the time) they shipped
Well this makes me feel better
Oct 31, 2013
29 posts
1 upvote
UnCeo wrote: Target and RCSS aren't doing pre-orders as far as I'm aware. So they're more likely to have stock when the store opens on the 15th. They're also places people are less likely to go for games. WM is worth a try because not a lot of people seem to pre-order stuff from them. EB, FS, and BB are more likely to have no stock left after pre-orders, and people lined up on the 15th trying to get a console without a pre-order.
Target in St-Bruno, Qc was taking names in store to reserve both PS4 and XBox One. I'm #2 on their list for PS4, was told it's 99% sure I'm getting one on the 15th.

There are a bunch of Target locations opening Nov 13th. For people still looking to get a pre-order in, show up on the 13th and give your name in store, you'll probably have a good chance of getting one.

British Columbia
Abbotsford - Abbotsford Power Centre
Burnaby - Metropolis at Metrotown
Chilliwack - Cottonwood Mall
Maple Ridge - Haney Place Mall
Richmond – Lansdowne Centre
Surrey - Surrey Place/Central City

Alberta
Calgary - Sunridge Mall

Manitoba
Winnipeg - Grant Park

Ontario
Bowmanville - Clarington Town Centre
Mississauga - Westdale Mall
Nepean - Meadowlands Shopping Centre
Pickering - Pickering Town Centre
Richmond Hill - Hillcrest Mall
Stratford - Stratford Mall
Sudbury - Sudbury Supermall
Waterloo - Conestoga Mall

Quebec
Lasalle – Carrefour Angrignon
Laval - Centre Laval
Longueuil - Place Longueuil
Montreal – Place Alexis Nihon
Pointe Claire - Terrarium Shopping Centre
Quebec City - Les Galeries De La Capitale
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu - Carrefour Richelieu
Rimouski - Carrefour Rimouski

Nova Scotia
Sydney – Sydney Shopping Centre

New Brunswick
Fredericton – Uptown Centre
Moncton – Northwest Centre
Saint John - Mcallister Place

Newfoundland
Corner Brook – Corner Brook
St. John’s - Cabot Square

PEI
Charlottetown – Charlottetown Mall
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1853 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
EFF3KT wrote: Judging by the tracking info for my KZ from FS, seems like i'll be getting it for tomorrow instead of today. I have no clue why I'm so excited for receving something that I won't be able to use for more than a week from now. It'll make a good paper weight though I tell ya.
Mine is the same right now. I'm just hoping they've packaged the controller and game together. I don't want to keep going to the front desk about my gaming stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5510 upvotes
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: I remember seeing the same thing with Batman Blackgate on PS Vita a few weeks ago. a day after it happened (-182 at the time) they shipped
Knack also said back ordered the other day, but a copy is now on the way to my house.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
4059 posts
812 upvotes
Windsor
kookoo wrote: Mine is the same right now. I'm just hoping they've packaged the controller and game together. I don't want to keep going to the front desk about my gaming stuff.
They don't - my controller and Knack are on the same order yet shipped separately with separate tracking numbers, the controller is out for delivery, knack is still in Mississauga
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1336 posts
635 upvotes
Laval
Dan1212 wrote: Target in St-Bruno, Qc was taking names in store to reserve both PS4 and XBox One. I'm #2 on their list for PS4, was told it's 99% sure I'm getting one on the 15th.

There are a bunch of Target locations opening Nov 13th. For people still looking to get a pre-order in, show up on the 13th and give your name in store, you'll probably have a good chance of getting one.

British Columbia
Abbotsford - Abbotsford Power Centre
Burnaby - Metropolis at Metrotown
Chilliwack - Cottonwood Mall
Maple Ridge - Haney Place Mall
Richmond – Lansdowne Centre
Surrey - Surrey Place/Central City

Alberta
Calgary - Sunridge Mall

Manitoba
Winnipeg - Grant Park

Ontario
Bowmanville - Clarington Town Centre
Mississauga - Westdale Mall
Nepean - Meadowlands Shopping Centre
Pickering - Pickering Town Centre
Richmond Hill - Hillcrest Mall
Stratford - Stratford Mall
Sudbury - Sudbury Supermall
Waterloo - Conestoga Mall

Quebec
Lasalle – Carrefour Angrignon
Laval - Centre Laval
Longueuil - Place Longueuil
Montreal – Place Alexis Nihon
Pointe Claire - Terrarium Shopping Centre
Quebec City - Les Galeries De La Capitale
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu - Carrefour Richelieu
Rimouski - Carrefour Rimouski

Nova Scotia
Sydney – Sydney Shopping Centre

New Brunswick
Fredericton – Uptown Centre
Moncton – Northwest Centre
Saint John - Mcallister Place

Newfoundland
Corner Brook – Corner Brook
St. John’s - Cabot Square

PEI
Charlottetown – Charlottetown Mall
Checked two Targets, none are taking pre-orders what so ever. So probably something special your Target is doing.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1853 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
G77 wrote: They don't - my controller and Knack are on the same order yet shipped separately with separate tracking numbers, the controller is out for delivery, knack is still in Mississauga
What exactly does your tracking for Knack say. My tracking for Killzone is just "Electronic information submitted by shipper" with no progress bar. And my receipt says the shipment date was the 5th. Anyway, I'll find out for sure when I pick it up later, because the controller is already here.
Feb 1, 2013
721 posts
812 upvotes
Will the ones going on Shop.ca tomorrow be for the day 1 launch? I've got a few Xbone converts who want to make the jump now.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
I have a PS4 pre-ordered but what the hell is Sony doing, NO CD, MP3 or DLNA support? Do they not realize all-in-one media machines is now and the future? If we just want gaming we'll stick with a PC