PC & Video Games

Sony Playstation 4 Pre-order Thread - $399 - Out Now

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2013 5:47 pm
Nov 30, 2011
105 posts
5 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
four1six wrote: So here's the status of my two orders from shop.ca from the pre-order a few weeks ago from two different accounts; I haven't recieved anything yet.....whats going on?...
Mine still shows shipping soon... so might wanna contact shop.ca... just that it'll take few days to hear back from... they never seem to answer phone..
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
Which is the best place to line up come Friday?

Costco
Toys R Us
best Buy
Walmart
Target
Future shop
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
sirjerry wrote: Hey all,

So I was in a serious financial situation before and I didn't have the resources to pre-order a PS4, but things are looking for the better now! Unfortunately because I'm working full time, it is going to be extremely difficult to lineup as many have suggested in order to get it day one. I want to get my nephew a PS4 for his birthday (Dec 14) or Christmas but I am concerned regarding the stock and shortages. Does anyone have an idea whether PS4s will be available to walk in and pick up at a convenient time before Christmas hits? EB games told me "good luck until February" but others have said there should be enough for sure before Christmas. Not sure what to think.
i have another ps4 shipping that i got as a safety net; if you're around vaughn, i can give that one to you at cost.
Oct 20, 2005
71 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Mayosandwich wrote: Which is the best place to line up come Friday?

Costco
Toys R Us
best Buy
Walmart
Target
Future shop
In terms of FS and BB, if your place in line is 25th or less, you should be golden.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
Jimboski wrote: Who lines up?
Im going to go to one of those stores 2-3 hours before opening on Friday. Ill have to call the night before to see who has stock and how many. If Costco gets theirs, it will most likely be in the millions.
Oct 9, 2010
655 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
sirjerry wrote: Hey all,

So I was in a serious financial situation before and I didn't have the resources to pre-order a PS4, but things are looking for the better now! Unfortunately because I'm working full time, it is going to be extremely difficult to lineup as many have suggested in order to get it day one. I want to get my nephew a PS4 for his birthday (Dec 14) or Christmas but I am concerned regarding the stock and shortages. Does anyone have an idea whether PS4s will be available to walk in and pick up at a convenient time before Christmas hits? EB games told me "good luck until February" but others have said there should be enough for sure before Christmas. Not sure what to think.
camp out at midnight launch they have 250 systems
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2009
1548 posts
499 upvotes
Edmonton
How many PS4's did everyone order? and are you guys planing to resell?

I ordered a few to try and resell and hoping it pays for one.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
Mayosandwich wrote: Im going to go to one of those stores 2-3 hours before opening on Friday. Ill have to call the night before to see who has stock and how many. If Costco gets theirs, it will most likely be in the millions.

My friend works as a manger at a costco in edmonton with consistently the highest sales in western canada and they are getting 20 for launch day max. So I wouldn't be too optimistic about costco :(
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
GSG Flash wrote: In terms of FS and BB, if your place in line is 25th or less, you should be golden.
Last year Wii U came out on a sunday and I got to BB an hour and a half before and only 8 people ahead of me. With it being a Sunday, most of the people showed up 30+ mins after the store opened.

I think with PS3 being out on a Friday, it will be less people cause people will be working and the teeny boppers in school. Im not willing to go to the 12am release, but for 8am is fine, Ill probably drive by around 4am and hang out in the lot. But im hoping to find a store that will have as little people hit, id imagine that would be Target and Costco.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
Piddles wrote: My friend works as a manger at a costco in edmonton with consistently the highest sales in western canada and they are getting 20 for launch day max. So I wouldn't be too optimistic about costco :(
20 per storeDo Costco stores receive their stock same time as everyone else? I know places like Staples and Shoppers usually get their stock 2-3 days after its out. Costco would be my preference simply for the 90 day warranty and it being a 1st batch, failure rates are high.
Jun 10, 2013
41 posts
23 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: i have another ps4 shipping that i got as a safety net; if you're around vaughn, i can give that one to you at cost.
Classy...very nice gesture!
Oct 20, 2005
71 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
XShadowX wrote: How many PS4's did everyone order? and are you guys planing to resell?

I ordered a few to try and resell and hoping it pays for one.
*sigh* I really hope there's ample stock and you get screwed over for trying to screw legit buyers over.

For the record, I only ordered one.
Mayosandwich wrote: Last year Wii U came out on a sunday and I got to BB an hour and a half before and only 8 people ahead of me. With it being a Sunday, most of the people showed up 30+ mins after the store opened.

I think with PS3 being out on a Friday, it will be less people cause people will be working and the teeny boppers in school. Im not willing to go to the 12am release, but for 8am is fine, Ill probably drive by around 4am and hang out in the lot. But im hoping to find a store that will have as little people hit, id imagine that would be Target and Costco.
You seriously underestimate the resolve of scalpers :/
Nov 15, 2012
72 posts
10 upvotes
lakobebryant wrote: camp out at midnight launch they have 250 systems
May I ask whereabouts? I am in the GTA area
Bencherstyle wrote: i have another ps4 shipping that i got as a safety net; if you're around vaughn, i can give that one to you at cost.
That is a really kind gesture. Hopefully I can nab one at this midnight sale since that should timing for me to pick one up and then get home to sleep!
Jul 6, 2011
359 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Best Buy Heartland is doing a midnight launch with 100 copies to sell.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2009
1548 posts
499 upvotes
Edmonton
GSG Flash wrote: *sigh* I really hope there's ample stock and you get screwed over for trying to screw legit buyers over.

For the record, I only ordered one.
Impossible to get screwed over with the return policy, I Ordered months ago, not my fault people wait until the last minute to pre-order then complain they can't find any.

Everyone in the beginning had just as much of a high chance to get one reserved.