Re: Sony Playstation 4 Pre-order Thread - $399 - Out Now

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:16 pm
by BlazinTrini
Saikisen wrote: Mississauga.
It is right across the street from the Future Shop on Airport Rd in Brampton

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:17 pm
by exeon
I purchased from BB (Montreal) within minutes of pre-orders opening and still havent got my shipping notice. I am pretty confident us in bigger cities (Quebec/Ontario) won't get notices before Thursday AM

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:18 pm
by legacyofprotovirus
Saikisen wrote: Mississauga.
And Brampton. I had my lens recently shipped from there, and Mississauga for another order before.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:19 pm
by Exand
adDiction wrote: Not meaning to troll here as I have a ps3 and have loved it over the year but wow are the game reviews disappointing to see. I'm sure they will get better but wow. Checkout Gamespot and IGN for reviews.
Then you're not the target audience Sony is aiming at for their initial launch.

For any "launch" event, the company is trying to get the people who want the latest and greatest and newest.

It's like a computer gaming enthusiast going for the newest graphics card on the market knowing that virtually no games out can use it's full potential. But they get it anyway because they want the latest and greatest. Nothing wrong with that really, if you've got the money why not? Everyone else can wait till things get cheaper, more games come out, etc.

As for these half-baked reviews coming out, what incredibly short term memory these reviewers have on what console launches have been like over the years. :lol: But I guess this is what you have to expect from internet journalism nowadays.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:20 pm
by SquadG
spdecoste wrote: Anyone from Montreal who got a call from EB Games for their ps4 pre-order confirmation?
My friend did get a call. EB Games @ Galeries d'Anjou
Benlehot wrote: Not shipped yet for me! :(
Nothing for me in Montreal also !

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:22 pm
by Saikisen
GSG Flash wrote: Killzone is really disappointing for me. I was expecting 9's, but based on the reviews it sounds exactly like KZ2 and 3(which were just average IMO).
I'm telling you right now. The singleplayer campaigns of these games, I knew it was mediocre. Its not as bad as Battlefield singleplayer since the lore of Killzone streches very deep, but the conflicts have always been too dark and dreary which is where it gets a bit bland for some people. That and its sci-fi militaristic colonization setting FPS which may not interest everybody.

But its also like Battlefield, you should be getting Shadowfall primarily for the multiplayer. Its going to boil down to what KZ2 and 3 did but with overall power polish, much better all around graphics for the transition to next-gen, and an unlocked 60fps with 1080p visuals. Theres a few additions like the OWL that will keep you interested for awhile and change things up a bit and atleast this is more of a covert kind of playthrough rather than the messy frontline assault.

The setting is also much different as it goes to Vekta rather than the natural disaster plagued planet of Helghan.

For multiplayer atleast, this is the bread fueling PS4 for a next-gen experience along with Battlefield.

You won't get a truly engaging story game until infamous unless you want to settle for Assassin's Creed 4 (which hopefully fixes the framerate bugs that the PS3 version had).

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:24 pm
by Majam80
Madevilz wrote: I enjoyed KZ 2 and 3 campaign quite a lot. Not classics, but fun games. MP was also very addictive.
If KZ4 is as much fun, with better graphics, while not being innovative, ill be happy with just that!
agreed! The only FPS I expect to really feel fresh is Destiny.... Titanfall looks great but seems like it will lack the depth and lasting appeal that Destiny will have.

by Cromartie
M-_-C wrote: so for those of you who didn't pre order when are you planning on lining up for one
I've got a plaza with WM, BB and FS within spitting distance of each other. I'll be headed there around 1930-2000 to scope out the situation.

by nowsleepy
OldSchoolBob wrote: Called local best buy (Whitby) have an in store pre-order. I asked if they would have two lines in the am for pre-orders and people waiting, the manager could not promise that, but did promise my pre-order would be available (without looking it up) so I think I will swing by on lunch rather than being late for work in the am.

She stated it would be their intention to have two lines, but could not promise the crowd control necessary to complete this
Or...call in sick, line up for your PS4 and get an extra day of next gen gaming!!

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:27 pm
by Exand
legacyofprotovirus wrote: And Brampton. I had my lens recently shipped from there, and Mississauga for another order before.
The warehouse might be in Brampton but it ships from Pearson International airport which is in Mississauga.

So when people are referring to Mississauga and Richmond (Vancouver International airport), they're talking more about the point of departure rather than the exact location of the warehouse.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:28 pm
by Saikisen
legacyofprotovirus wrote: And Brampton. I had my lens recently shipped from there, and Mississauga for another order before.
*****ing FS. It still takes them 2 days for any preordered game to leave their warehouse and reach my house.

They should have the games sent to the B-town warehouse in that case. Not sure if that would make a difference for me.

I had a parcel from amazon.ca ship out from UPS on Sunday (I know, I was surprised UPS takes packages on Sunday) and had it arrive the following day. Thats ****ing service especially when the shipping was standard and unlike Canada Post they managed to ring the doorbell.

The parcel was the LBP2 move edition by the way. Kind of stupid for me to buy it now at the end of the generation (especially considering how much I hated motion control for the gimmicky BS they put in games like SMG like waggling). I got it to play House of the Dead on PS3 and to check out the sharpshooter. Its a shame nothing supports it on PS4.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:30 pm
by G77
Saikisen wrote: Its a shame nothing supports it on PS4.
Just Dance 2014 supports Move controllers :o

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:31 pm
by GSG Flash
Saikisen wrote: I'm telling you right now. The singleplayer campaigns of these games, I knew it was mediocre. Its not as bad as Battlefield singleplayer since the lore of Killzone streches very deep, but the conflicts have always been too dark and dreary which is where it gets a bit bland for some people. That and its sci-fi militaristic colonization setting FPS which may not interest everybody.

But its also like Battlefield, you should be getting Shadowfall primarily for the multiplayer. Its going to boil down to what KZ2 and 3 did but with overall power polish, much better all around graphics for the transition to next-gen, and an unlocked 60fps with 1080p visuals. Theres a few additions like the OWL that will keep you interested for awhile and change things up a bit and atleast this is more of a covert kind of playthrough rather than the messy frontline assault.

The setting is also much different as it goes to Vekta rather than the natural disaster plagued planet of Helghan.

For multiplayer atleast, this is the bread fueling PS4 for a next-gen experience along with Battlefield.

You won't get a truly engaging story game until infamous unless you want to settle for Assassin's Creed 4 (which hopefully fixes the framerate bugs that the PS3 version had).
Yes it certainly seems that way right now :/ (doesn't help that Knack fell flat on its face)

I had such high hopes for the game, from the gameplay videos it seemed like Guerilla Games changed up the formula, but, based on the reviews, it sounds like a prettied up colourful environments version of KZ2/3(an all to familiar path I don't wish to walk along again).

Oh well, I'll still get to play AC4, BF4 and Resogun on my shiny new PS4.

by linux2k
ludhi wrote: Order Details
Order Date: November 12, 2013, 14:36:56 (PST)
Order Number: ********

Order Status
In Progress

------
is every1 from BB, gettin same status that preordered yesterday?
Not yet.

Still stuck at order created.

Order Date:
November 12, 2013, 14:05 (PST)

Shipping to GTA.

by Saikisen
Majam80 wrote: agreed! The only FPS I expect to really feel fresh is Destiny.... Titanfall looks great but seems like it will lack the depth and lasting appeal that Destiny will have.
I'll be honest I would have put down $40 for Destiny back at FS E3 promo if the game was a TPS. I like how Bungie expanded to multiplatform and respect them for it, but I really can't feel myself getting hyped for a FPS that has streched beyond the typical isolated maps. It has more potential than Titanfall, but at the same time I can see what demographic Titanfall is appealing to and what exactly its setting to accomplish. Meanwhile, with Destiny I have no clue what the **** is going on and its very confusing what message they are trying to send.

Destiny sounds, too ambitious for me. Like I've seen games that had so much ambition behind them and see where they ended up. I supported most of those games and only got burned in the end. Starhawk was one of those games. Sony shafted the shooter before it even came out and Warhawk fans shunned it for not being warhawk 2.0. Yet it offered a degree of freedom on maps that wasn't yet seen on any game on current gen, yet it packed all of it in there. The build and battle system was criticized heavily for being too confusing and not mainstream enough and only the guys who were good at it got a grip of the game. Newcomers were punished from the get go which turned alot of people off.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:33 pm
by Exand
Saikisen wrote: I had a parcel from amazon.ca ship out from UPS on Sunday (I know, I was surprised UPS takes packages on Sunday) and had it arrive the following day. Thats ****ing service especially when the shipping was standard and unlike Canada Post they managed to ring the doorbell.
If the costs are on a similar ratio between UPS and CP from what my company pays, UPS costs a hell of a lot more... Of course I'm sure Amazon and any major retailer gets huge discounts on their shipping but I'm sure UPS is still more expensive. I'd imagine that's why FS stopped using Purolator and has been sticking with CP for the last few years, to cut costs. You get what you pay for and all that jazz.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:36 pm
by BlazinTrini
Exand wrote: The warehouse might be in Brampton but it ships from Pearson International airport which is in Mississauga.

So when people are referring to Mississauga and Richmond (Vancouver International airport), they're talking more about the point of departure rather than the exact location of the warehouse.
Canada Post hub is in Mississauga

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:38 pm
by elDaz2
Anyone received a call from their local The Source store ? I received a call from the store yesterday. The guy told me that my order was received. It seems that pre-ordering with The Source and have it ship to your local store was one on the safest way to get your PS4 on launch day. I pre-ordered on october 8. They called me to finish the order (charge my CC) at the end of october.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:43 pm
by Saikisen
GSG Flash wrote: Yes it certainly seems that way right now :/ (doesn't help that Knack fell flat on its face)

I had such high hopes for the game, from the gameplay videos it seemed like Guerilla Games changed up the formula, but, based on the reviews, it sounds like a prettied up colourful environments version of KZ2/3(an all to familiar path I don't wish to walk along again).

Oh well, I'll still get to play AC4, BF4 and Resogun on my shiny new PS4.
Honestly, I don't understand what exactly you expected out of KZ. Because from what I've seen all they have shown was prettied up colourful environments with all around better graphics and particle effects blasted out of the whazoo with the same feeling of what makes a Killzone game a Killzone.

The formula has been changed, but you are forgetting that this generation has been plagued with FPSs and most of these reviewers just came off reviewing games like Battlefield and CoD. Of course they are going to be exhausted with reviewing games of the same genre where all these FPS bottle down to the samey same colourless grey blob.

Its a launch title and I'm getting it for the MP which is bringing warzone to a whole new era of people who have only played deathmatches their entire lives.

And I wouldn't take everything a review says to heart. This seems like a respectable entry to a franchise that desperately needed a reboot and a fresh new face to start off again. The story definitely seems to have taken a turn for the better (showing a more personal struggle between the two factions) and the added mechanics of the OWL and change of setting are positives. At the very least, at least reviewers are saying its single player is challenging (which is a good thing for me) and has its high points and low points.

I'm not going to do Sony's job of explaining why you should get this game, but if you were moderately interested you should atleast check out the free multiplayer weekend in December to check out the gameplay to see if it warrants a purchase.

Posted: Nov 13th, 2013 1:44 pm
by smuPoker
I just received my KZ FS preorder. My order page still shows the game as In Stock which is quite inaccurate for my particular order.