• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2017 4:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 20, 2017
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
Well, bit the bullet and bought it from Dell. Then had a bit of a fight with the madame. All good now :)).
Thanks a lot, folks, for all your help and suggestions. Cheers!
May 5, 2010
847 posts
235 upvotes
contva wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 6:58 pm
Well, bit the bullet and bought it from Dell. Then had a bit of a fight with the madame. All good now :)).
Thanks a lot, folks, for all your help and suggestions. Cheers!
Congrats buddy!

Here's a bonus advice for you: Tell your partner that with your new camera, you'll be able to take gorgeous portrait of her anytime she wants. Tell her how a selfie from a smartphone at a wide angle around 24mm equiv will distort her face and make her nose humongous, while with your RX100 at 70mm, it'll make her super close to a natural picture with little distortion.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10751 posts
1754 upvotes
Ottawa
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Have fun with your new fancy toy :) I'd love to play around with the 1000fps mode myself.

btw: if the ebates doesn't come through right away, you might have to escalate it with ebates to get your cashback. I went through this and it took over a month but I got my 10% back.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18609 posts
3709 upvotes
Thornhill
Enjoy it! You'll be amazed how pictures and videos turn out.

The selfie flip screen is awesome to use, plus the Sony app where you can send pictures quickly from the camera to your smartphone. Every once in a while I'd upload a picture from the RX100 onto Instagram and people would instantly comment how nice it is and what phone I am using :P
Nov 1, 2012
62 posts
35 upvotes
Kamloops
I just picked up the RX100V last week. It is absolutely amazing. The autofocus is so fast and it is great in lowlight.

I was so lucky to find it at my bestbuy open box for $680. Couldn’t turn it down at that price.

Amazon has the Sony grip for the RX100 for only $20. I’d suggest it makes it very nice to hold. I grabbed a glass screen protector from amazon for $15 too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7506 posts
543 upvotes
Aknoon wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:09 pm
I just picked up the RX100V last week. It is absolutely amazing. The autofocus is so fast and it is great in lowlight.

I was so lucky to find it at my bestbuy open box for $680. Couldn’t turn it down at that price.

Amazon has the Sony grip for the RX100 for only $20. I’d suggest it makes it very nice to hold. I grabbed a glass screen protector from amazon for $15 too.
Holy crap that is a great price. I'm jealous. I should go hunting for these now too!
[OP]
Apr 20, 2017
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
Aknoon wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:09 pm

Holy shit, the Mark V for 680$!!! Man, you just made everyone here hate you :)) Have fun with it!
Nov 1, 2012
62 posts
35 upvotes
Kamloops
speedyforme wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:38 am
Holy crap that is a great price. I'm jealous. I should go hunting for these now too!
Bestbuy open boxes are the way to go for sure just need to check every time your in. Picked up my a6000 with kit lens last year for $440 tax in.
contva wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:20 am
Holy shit, the Mark V for 680$!!! Man, you just made everyone here hate you :)) Have fun with it!
I definite will do. It is worth the original price you won't be disappointed such a great piece of equipment.

If you are looking to shoot video look into the Zhiyun Smooth Q gimbal. I picked one up at eglobal for $135 tax in and there is a way to rig up the RX100 to get those smooth stabilized shots. Bring the two to Maui next year to get some nice pictures and footage.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2017
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
Aknoon wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:16 pm
If you are looking to shoot video look into the Zhiyun Smooth Q gimbal. I picked one up at eglobal for $135 tax in and there is a way to rig up the RX100 to get those smooth stabilized shots. Bring the two to Maui next year to get some nice pictures and footage.
Already bought it :)