Entertainment

Sony untitled Quentin Tarantino Leo DiCaprio late sixties period film (Margot Robbie, Cruise and/or PItt rumoured)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 3:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8888 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto

Sony untitled Quentin Tarantino Leo DiCaprio late sixties period film (Margot Robbie, Cruise and/or PItt rumoured)

Sort of Charles Manson adjacent but the article cautions that's not the main focus
Also Tarantino likes to promote the idea he only has a limited finite number of movies left in him before he retires from directing

http://deadline.com/2017/11/quentin-tar ... 202210597/
Last edited by jenviea on Nov 17th, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7561 posts
803 upvotes
Victoria
jenviea wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:54 pm
Sort of Charles Manson adjacent but the article cautions that's not the main focus
Also Tarantino likes to promote the idea he only has a limited finite number of movies left in him before he retires from directing

http://deadline.com/2017/11/quentin-tar ... 202210597/
When people think they're retiring, i think it's different than the feeling they get after it. I think people leave things, retire, and sometimes they miss them and go back. No idea what kind of person Tarantino is, but maybe he'll miss filmmaking if really does hang it up after the next few.

His niche is also fading. Most people are going to the theaters to watch the big blockbusters. The midbudget films are disappearing (seemingly being replaced by higher quality TV shows). Tarantino movies are one of the few reasons I'll go to a theatre to see a non-blockbuster film.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4130 posts
595 upvotes
Aurora
Tarantino (possibly) directing Cruise, DiCaprio, Pitt, Robbie. I'm absolutely on board. Being a 60's period piece is (with these actors) icing on the cake. That it circles around the Manson murders somehow gives me pause but I'm willing to give the project a lot of latitude because of the names involved. I do wonder, though, what QT would have done with a more "fun" 60's period piece like, say, Guy Ritchie's Man From UNCLE.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1387 posts
90 upvotes
I doubt Tarantino will retire. Look how many times Hayao Miyazaki attempted retirement. It always ends in failure. Now Miyazaki has a new movie in production.