Shopping Discussion

Sony V7000 now 99.00 after 100 dollar discount, Can I get adjustment?

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2011 7:56 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
380 posts
23 upvotes

Sony V7000 now 99.00 after 100 dollar discount, Can I get adjustment?

Sorry if repost.

hi, Sony V7000 now 99.99. here is link.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... ALL-110520

I want ask for help, I ordered V7000 last week when buy one get one free promotion when it was 199. Now can I get price adjustment acording to the FS policy which is the price change during 14 days?
I know it looks greed. But why not get it if following its own rules.
14 replies
Apr 21, 2010
63 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
timothy_montreal wrote:
May 20th, 2011 9:21 am
Sorry if repost.

hi, Sony V7000 now 99.99. here is link.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... ALL-110520

I want ask for help, I ordered V7000 last week when buy one get one free promotion when it was 199. Now can I get price adjustment acording to the FS policy which is the price change during 14 days?
I know it looks greed. But why not get it if following its own rules.
This headphone is selling on eBay for around $40 free ship. Return yours dude.
Jun 19, 2006
909 posts
75 upvotes
To OP, No.

For those still "active" around mid-nite last night, you could actually order $99 for 2 online ... however it is confirmed all these new orders got cancelled and the option BoGo - buy 1 get 1 free is disabled on FS website.

You can try go to store see if some of them are not aware ... you never know until you try.

For those get BoGO and 20% off ... you better keep it ... if you like strong bass even you are not a DJ :-)
Jan 29, 2008
415 posts
50 upvotes
bffhmc wrote:
May 20th, 2011 9:32 am
This headphone is selling on eBay for around $40 free ship. Return yours dude.

You mean all the Hong Kong and China ones? You're aware there's a giant counter fitting market in the $100-300 headphone market? Sure you can pay $40 for something that looks the same, but it won't sound, feel, last the same. (And last is relative - Sony headphones are far from indestructible).
Apr 21, 2010
63 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
^gUrU wrote:
May 20th, 2011 10:00 am
You mean all the Hong Kong and China ones? You're aware there's a giant counter fitting market in the $100-300 headphone market? Sure you can pay $40 for something that looks the same, but it won't sound, feel, last the same. (And last is relative - Sony headphones are far from indestructible).

I agree about the counterfeit problem but it is also a fact that lots of these products are made in China. The same factory will produce the real thing in day time and produce the counterfeit at night time. Should I call them counterfeit anymore?
Products produced for real has QA control. Products produced at night don't have QA. That's why some are not as good.
I made some purchase on ebay at the past (not this headphone), sellers usually are happy to ship a replacement at no cost. (I think they get it dirt cheap).
Apr 21, 2010
63 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
bffhmc wrote:
May 20th, 2011 11:30 am
I agree about the counterfeit problem but it is also a fact that lots of these products are made in China. The same factory will produce the real thing in day time and produce the counterfeit at night time. Should I call them counterfeit anymore?
Products produced for real has QA control. Products produced at night don't have QA. That's why some are not as good.
I made some purchase on ebay at the past (not this headphone), sellers usually are happy to ship a replacement at no cost. (I think they get it dirt cheap).

Also, I only purchase from North America ebay seller. For counterfeit, US/Canada custom should have screen them out.
And, look at seller feedback. The seller will not get good feedback if the produce does not sound as good.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2345 posts
154 upvotes
Are these worth the 110$ after tax price? Any opinion on these?
Some times I don't even trust self made youtube reviews anymore.. so many of these are sponsored by bestbuy/sony/whoever since they give them the product for free to review.
Jan 18, 2003
31 posts
10 upvotes
I've had a pair of these for over 10 years. They're okay as a first pair of serious headphones, but they're definitely not "audiophile" headphones. (For reference, I also own a pair of Beyerdynamics DT880.)

They will clamp your ears flat and they will hurt after an hour.

They will make anything sound remarkably loud, so they're fine for MP3 player use (unlike most audiophile headphones).

They do sound better than most normal headphones, but not remotely as good as any "audiophile" grade ones. These are "closed" so, while others can't hear you, it also means it won't sound as good as "open" headphones.

The vinyl ear cushion covers will crack after a few years.

Some people say the hinge is weak, but mine seems fine after so many years. Just don't sit on them (which is how most people break them).

Let me know if you have any questions.
Jan 29, 2008
415 posts
50 upvotes
mepatrick wrote:
May 20th, 2011 1:22 pm
Are these worth the 110$ after tax price? Any opinion on these?
Some times I don't even trust self made youtube reviews anymore.. so many of these are sponsored by bestbuy/sony/whoever since they give them the product for free to review.

'Worth it' is your own call. The MDR-V700DJ [the title should be updated] look good (if you like the style), they sound pretty good - they are bass heavy and lack in the high end [for rock, hip-hop, electronica and pop they'll be fine]. Durability is all over the place (look at Amazon reviews). Basically the important parts are plastic so they will fail, it's just a matter of when (and how you treat them). I've used them and the cheaper smaller MDR-V300 (which - because of small cups, hurt my ears after a while). For $100 it's hard to go wrong.

My current person favourites for sound/comfort/price are the Shure SRH750DJ which FS also sells, and even puts on sale now and again (unfortunately I bought them at full price from another retailer before FS started stocking them). I'd take the Shures over the Sonys... but at $180 vs $100, maybe settling on the Sonys would be fine ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2652 posts
725 upvotes
Lethbridge
timothy_montreal wrote:
May 20th, 2011 9:21 am
I ordered V7000 last week when buy one get one free promotion when it was 199

So you got 2 for $199.99?

As in $99.995/ea?

Now they are $99.99/ea - That would make the combined price $199.98. So you want a price adjustment for 1/2 A PENNY. Seriously?

Seriously...?!?!?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7604 posts
1484 upvotes
Just picked these up and they are not bad. I would avoid those $40~50 on ebay since a lot of audio forums reviews are saying they are fake and no where as good.

Is it worth $100 ?? I think they are better than my $60~70 Sennheiser PX-100 but not by a whole lot. I am going to use my as monitor for when we put on shows, you can't beat the look at least and may be leisure listening.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1625 posts
225 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote:
May 20th, 2011 3:01 pm
So you got 2 for $199.99?

As in $99.995/ea?

Now they are $99.99/ea - That would make the combined price $199.98. So you want a price adjustment for 1/2 A PENNY. Seriously?

Seriously...?!?!?

iirc, it wasn't 2 for $199.99; it was 1 for $199.99 and the second was free...so the pricematch would match the 1 for $199.99 and bring it down to 1 for $99.99, thereby effectively getting 2 for ~$100. not sure if they would honor that, but that's what the post is asking.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2652 posts
725 upvotes
Lethbridge
KrayZeeMofo wrote:
May 20th, 2011 6:11 pm
iirc, it wasn't 2 for $199.99; it was 1 for $199.99 and the second was free...so the pricematch would match the 1 for $199.99 and bring it down to 1 for $99.99, thereby effectively getting 2 for ~$100. not sure if they would honor that, but that's what the post is asking.

I'm sure the fine print of the the "free" one would negate getting to keep it if you got it price matched...
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1625 posts
225 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote:
May 20th, 2011 6:15 pm
I'm sure the fine print of the the "free" one would negate getting to keep it if you got it price matched...

only way to know is to ask someone that actually got in on that deal...sadly i missed that deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
The answer is no. Future Shop will not refund $100 dollars and let the OP keep both sets of headphones. Their price guarantee gives them enough outs that they really don’t have to honour anything if they don’t want to. They also state that they any listing on the web site is not an offer to sell for that price but for the customer to make an offer. This means that they don`t have to sell for the price that is listed if they discover an error.