• Oct 28th, 2017 1:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2533 posts
211 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Sony Z3 replaced OnePlus one and never looked back.

Disclaimer; I don't game though
Last edited by hyperactiveme on Sep 22nd, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
4092 posts
1370 upvotes
BC
toyopl wrote:
Sep 21st, 2016 7:00 am
So Sony yet again tries a new flagship, wonder how well it will be received.
One dissapointing thing is N/A does not get fingerprint scanner, but on previous models this could be unlocked with some tinkering.
I think I'm gonna give them a chance, and try it out.
Now just for the price and availability.

Sorry to burst your bubble but..........I'll just leave this here.......

' "At this time there are no plans for the Xperia XZ or Xperia X Compact to come to Canada. We will keep you updated on future announcements about the Xperia lineup,” said a Sony spokesperson in a statement emailed to MobileSyrup.' (http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/01/sony- ... ouncement/)

Don't shoot the messenger Winking Face
Last edited by dealseaker101 on Sep 25th, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like Sony fails to make a flagship device this year, seems they cannot beat their own Z5 Premium.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17746 posts
1322 upvotes
Sony removes the fingerprint reader because they don't want to pay for the patent to use it in the US (and probably Canada).
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1832 posts
293 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
dealseaker101 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2016 11:00 pm
Don't worry they aren't bothering Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes, the phone isn't coming to Canada (see above post).
Thanks for the news, missed that one.
I still like the phone enough to give it a try, but looks like I have to buy from a diffrent market now.
Wonder what about US, as they have version for this phone for US market, when they gonna release there.
Aug 27, 2011
51 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
Haz wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 4:04 am
Sony removes the fingerprint reader because they don't want to pay for the patent to use it in the US (and probably Canada).
The Canadian Z5's had the fingerprint sensor.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17746 posts
1322 upvotes
drewbot wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 9:09 am
Haz wrote:
Then just the US.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1832 posts
293 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Pre-ordered from Clove, willing to give Sony a try, will see how that turns out :)
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1231 posts
309 upvotes
Ottawa
drewbot wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 9:09 am
Haz wrote:
And now they don't want to pay the license fee for the XZ because they want to keep the price low, hence the comment about "transition to the unlocked market" i.e. people buying unlock phone are more concern about the initial purchase price, because the lack of financing.

Anyway I have a Z3 compact and it is the best phone ever. The truth is that it doesn't have a lot of outstanding technical breakthrough on paper, but the design and execution is very well thought out in your typical Japanese fashion. Best part is the battery life. I am so used to not bringing a charger for any trip unless than 3 days. By the end of the trip I would still have over 50% of battery. When I go camping I put it in the ultra power saving mode, and the battery will last for more than 2 weeks.

Personally I think the glass issue was way overblown. I dropped mine more than 10 times and the glass is still intact. If it breaks just order one from eBay. Super easy to fix and costs less than $20.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4202 posts
374 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
toyopl wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 11:55 am
Pre-ordered from Clove, willing to give Sony a try, will see how that turns out :)
How much did it cost in total?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1832 posts
293 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
No clue, when it actually ships and I get charged I'll see conversion rate and total + probably tax at the door.
Ordered now to grab the free headphones
Right now it looks like this:

Phone £449.17
Postage £22.00
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
4092 posts
1370 upvotes
BC
toyopl wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 2:22 pm
No clue, when it actually ships and I get charged I'll see conversion rate and total + probably tax at the door.
Ordered now to grab the free headphones
Right now it looks like this:

Phone £449.17
Postage £22.00
Don't forget to include a review and your initial impressions Smiling Face With Open Mouth
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1832 posts
293 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
I got the Black, but Forest Blue would be my second choice :)
Even guys from US are surprised that it will cost them $100 less to get from UK, and they'll get free Headphones :)
But we have to wait and see for official sale in US to see if they'll get any freebie with pre-order.