None
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1265 posts
176 upvotes
Scarborough
seen316 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 3:51 pm
Just got the phone from Clove Tech as well, and was also hit $108 duties and taxes. Wished they had the option to use air sure mail, like when the z3 compact came out couple years back. Now here's hope that Pac Mall has some cases for this phone. Will update more on the phone later. Enjoy for now...
Did pmall have any cases? Specifically the touch cover?
Jan 24, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
No. Have been busy all week. Will most likely check this weekend. I know you mentioned not getting hit by duties/taxes, which delivery service did you use? You were very indeed lucky! Anyways, on to the phone. I have not played with it much with the time I had with it, but damn does it feel REALLY nice! Too bad we cannot carry this phone naked. But for some reason I noticed the double tap to wake does not work well. Takes like 10+ taps to wake up! Anybody have this problem as well? I also enabled double tap to sleep to see if it works better. Just very slightly, but tap to sleep works np. Also, coming from a z3 compact, it is noticibly brighter and better to view outside in sunlight. Speakers could be louder, but sounds good at the highest volume. Forgot to mention, the bluetooth headphones from Clove, sound badass! Not an audiophile but I played a movie while wearing them and man does it sound like surround sound in your ears, LoL Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. I wish the phone came with NA fast charging adapter Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes. Wished the fingerprint senser and volume keys were higher a bit. Wished next time for less bezels and more screen ratio. So far that is all I could say for now. Camera will do later. Anyways, hope all is enjoying this amazing piece of hardware and will let you know if I do get a case or 2 for it....
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1265 posts
176 upvotes
Scarborough
seen316 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 1:03 pm
No. Have been busy all week. Will most likely check this weekend. I know you mentioned not getting hit by duties/taxes, which delivery service did you use? You were very indeed lucky! Anyways, on to the phone. I have not played with it much with the time I had with it, but damn does it feel REALLY nice! Too bad we cannot carry this phone naked. But for some reason I noticed the double tap to wake does not work well. Takes like 10+ taps to wake up! Anybody have this problem as well? I also enabled double tap to sleep to see if it works better. Just very slightly, but tap to sleep works np. Also, coming from a z3 compact, it is noticibly brighter and better to view outside in sunlight. Speakers could be louder, but sounds good at the highest volume. Forgot to mention, the bluetooth headphones from Clove, sound badass! Not an audiophile but I played a movie while wearing them and man does it sound like surround sound in your ears, LoL Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. I wish the phone came with NA fast charging adapter Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes. Wished the fingerprint senser and volume keys were higher a bit. Wished next time for less bezels and more screen ratio. So far that is all I could say for now. Camera will do later. Anyways, hope all is enjoying this amazing piece of hardware and will let you know if I do get a case or 2 for it....
I used Royal mail, ordered from clove. I went to pmall yesterday and checked a few stores, no one had it, even checked a store that has this phone on display. Pretty much have up then. Lol

Is it just me or is the Swiftkey keyboard really laggy? Switched to google keyboard which I have been using for years now and it's smooth.
I'm using my phone naked right now, I really want that touch cover case though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1832 posts
293 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
What quick charger r u guys getting?
It has to be quick charge 3.0 compatible, right?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1265 posts
176 upvotes
Scarborough
toyopl wrote:
Oct 15th, 2016 6:23 pm
What quick charger r u guys getting?
It has to be quick charge 3.0 compatible, right?
I bought a 6 ft anker usb c, and an anker quick charger 3.0 from amazon ~$28 + tax, didnt use the charger yet. Only going to use it when i really need a quick charge since quick charging is bad for the battery.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4202 posts
374 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Really want this phone, but seeing that the standard Z5 is $515 + shipping on expansys...not sure if I should spend the extra money to get the latest and greatest from Sony.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1265 posts
176 upvotes
Scarborough
ceraf wrote:
Oct 15th, 2016 11:41 pm
Really want this phone, but seeing that the standard Z5 is $515 + shipping on expansys...not sure if I should spend the extra money to get the latest and greatest from Sony.
I think it's a big improvement from the Z5, more comfortable to hold, better camera, and (sd820) doesn't get as hot (as sd810).

you can get this phone for about ~$750 including shipping (from clove) and chance of not getting taxed if you use royal mail.

$615.78 inc. shipping/tax vs $750 inc shipping (if you don't get taxed). So about $140 difference. +~$70 if you get taxed, Clove put the value at $449 on my package, they just did a direct conversion lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4202 posts
374 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
^ Thanks for the info. Even if I do get hit by customs, it still seems like a decent deal.

Any Qi wireless charging cases for this phone? There was a Nillkin case for the Z5 and Z5 premium, but I haven't seen any for the XZ yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
4092 posts
1370 upvotes
BC
rabbit wrote:
Oct 11th, 2016 2:43 am
johnmoon wrote:
Sep 28th, 2016 8:56 am
I am done with Sony for now. Just can not see myself supporting a company releasing two very similar flagship phones in just 4 months (X performance - XZ). Seriously what were they thinking? even Samsung (the worst when it to flooding the market) is better than this
Strange, in this electronic world, when you know something newer and better is always just around the corner. I've stuck with older phones, and don't lose enjoyment when something new comes out :) .
I can understand why some people are upset. When a company releases new phones/flagships very often, it tends to reduce the resale values quite significantly for folks that sell their phones every year. For folks like me that buy older / used phones, it works in our favor ! Winking Face
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Jul 30, 2008
73 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
I'm thinking of ordering the XZ or the LG G5 from Clove. Is there much bloatware installed on the UK version of the XZ?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1265 posts
176 upvotes
Scarborough
sr20de_99 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 7:47 am
I'm thinking of ordering the XZ or the LG G5 from Clove. Is there much bloatware installed on the UK version of the XZ?
XZ comes with the following apps:

Amazon shopping - 97.67mb
FB - 310mb
AVG protection - 208kb
Kobo 30.48mb
Spotify - 273mb

Sony apps:
Lifelog - 38mb
News suite - 2.18mb
Playstation - 28.56mb
Xperia lounge - 29.58mb
Movie creator - 46.48mb
Sketch - 42.98mb
Sticker creator - 29.12mb
AR effect - 55.56mb
Video & TV Sideview - 84.66mb
*What's new - 28.44mb
*Weather - 15.34mb

The above can be disabled but can't delete.
*Can't be disable/deleted

X series uses swiftkey keyboard (56.65mb), has an icon on the app launcher which you can't disable or hide. Swiftkey is laggy for me and I'm also used to google's keyboard lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1832 posts
293 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Weird, couldn't connect via Bluetooth to my Dewalt Radio, said cannot connect.
Have connected to 3 other things without a problem, car, headphones, headset.
Apr 17, 2016
7 posts
supremekai wrote:
Oct 9th, 2016 11:58 pm
I chose royal mail. Stupid canada post doesnt track international packages anymore.
I ordered via Royal Mail too, what was the last update you got on Royal Mail tracking page? Mine has been on its way to Toronto, Canada since October 12...
Jul 30, 2008
73 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the detailed response.
supremekai wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 6:57 pm
sr20de_99 wrote:

FB - 310mb
AVG protection - 208kb
Kobo 30.48mb
Spotify - 273mb

Sony apps:
Lifelog - 38mb
News suite - 2.18mb
Playstation - 28.56mb
Xperia lounge - 29.58mb
Movie creator - 46.48mb
Sketch - 42.98mb
AR effect - 55.56mb
*What's new - 28.44mb
*Weather - 15.34mb

X series uses swiftkey keyboard (56.65mb), has an icon on the app launcher which you can't disable or hide. Swiftkey is laggy for me and I'm also used to google's keyboard lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1265 posts
176 upvotes
Scarborough
JohnDoeKZ wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 2:35 pm
supremekai wrote:
Oct 9th, 2016 11:58 pm
I chose royal mail. Stupid canada post doesnt track international packages anymore.
I ordered via Royal Mail too, what was the last update you got on Royal Mail tracking page? Mine has been on its way to Toronto, Canada since October 12...
Before i got it, it only says on it's way to Toronto. It now shows:
12/10/16 18:24 DELIVERED CANADA
12/10/16 12:15 UNDELIVEREDNOT AT ADDRESS, OFFICE CLOSED CANADA
10/10/16 21:08 ARRIVED IN COUNTRYTORONTO CANADA TORONTO CANADA
07/10/16 AM ON ITS WAY TOTORONTO CANADA CANADA

Didn't check just before I got it, so not sure when it actually updated. I may or may not have seen Arrived in country on the 10th.

It does say 5-10 business days so it should arrive early next week at the latest? Outside of that yours might have got stuck in customs?
sr20de_99 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 5:01 pm
Thanks for the detailed response.
supremekai wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 6:57 pm
sr20de_99 wrote:

FB - 310mb
AVG protection - 208kb
Kobo 30.48mb
Spotify - 273mb

Sony apps:
Lifelog - 38mb
News suite - 2.18mb
Playstation - 28.56mb
Xperia lounge - 29.58mb
Movie creator - 46.48mb
Sketch - 42.98mb
AR effect - 55.56mb
*What's new - 28.44mb
*Weather - 15.34mb

You're welcome, From what i saw on LG G5 includes more apps.
Did you decide which phone to get?