Cell Phones

Sony Xperia Z3 Sold Out @ Sony Store (STC)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2014 9:09 am
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough

Sony Xperia Z3 Sold Out @ Sony Store (STC)

Just came from the Sony Store at Scarborough Town and they're all gone due to pre-orders. Not sure about the Compact.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
2366 posts
398 upvotes
Edmonton
The people of Scarborough thank you...
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
Yea was not expecting that. All of the color variations are gone. Salesman asked if I wanted to back order one, but I declined.

I did however get to play around with the demo models and the Z3 was not oversized at all. I thought it would be hard to use the phone with one hand because it was too large, but it wasn't. It felt good. That was the only concern I had when I was deciding between the Z3 and Z3C.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
what is so good about the z3?
i thought the z2 has a better image (IMO) cuz i saw some comparison on youtube
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
killer007 wrote: what is so good about the z3?
Well, I'm sorta due for a new phone and would prefer to get the latest model phone. But that is also an option I will consider.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
killer007 wrote: what is so good about the z3?
Z3 camera is superior to Z2 despite using the same sensor

there are improvements to the lens and image processing
ShadowVlican
Jan 10, 2008
99 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Also sold out downtown
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
They just reported a big writedown on the Xperia phone line. Maybe they've gone too far the other way in trying to prevent that this time around. :facepalm:
Jan 10, 2008
99 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Can I buy one from Bell without being on Bell's plans?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
excal wrote: Can I buy one from Bell without being on Bell's plans?
Yea but the Bell one is not unlocked and you'd be charged $50 more for the unlock if you wanted it.
Nov 8, 2012
60 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Price?

Mobilesyrup reported $599 no contract from Rogers. Some people over on XDA are saying it comes up as $649 at some Rogers stores, but some have been able to get it for 599. Also claims of Sony price matching Rogers at 599.

I'm going to stop by Rogers tomorrow to see.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3403 posts
974 upvotes
Vaughan
airmac9 wrote: Price?

Mobilesyrup reported $599 no contract from Rogers. Some people over on XDA are saying it comes up as $649 at some Rogers stores, but some have been able to get it for 599. Also claims of Sony price matching Rogers at 599.

I'm going to stop by Rogers tomorrow to see.
I got mine for 599 over the phone.
My friend went to a store first and said it was 699 and the best they could do was 670. He went home and ordered on the phone and it was 599 as well.
Nov 8, 2012
60 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
ayo23 wrote: I got mine for 599 over the phone.
My friend went to a store first and said it was 699 and the best they could do was 670. He went home and ordered on the phone and it was 599 as well.
That's reassuring, I'll give it a shot. Are you both on Rogers plans?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3403 posts
974 upvotes
Vaughan
airmac9 wrote: That's reassuring, I'll give it a shot. Are you both on Rogers plans?
I'm 6 months into a 2yr contract.
Friend is month-to-month.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
I'm able to order the phone online at Rogers with no term, but have to choose a plan. Guess I can just cancel the plan after. Why is Rogers selling the phone cheaper than Sony? Is it an error of some kind? I was going to wait a few months till end of this year, but if I can get it for $100 cheaper, I might as well now.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
killer007 wrote: cuz its locked to rogers
It's still 100$ +tax cheaper. It probably doesn't cost that much to unlock it.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
Tabooger wrote: It's still 100$ +tax cheaper. It probably doesn't cost that much to unlock it.
But they'll charge you 1-mth of service I believe and you also have to pay for the unlock as well which brings the unlocked phone to about the same price. It's alright if you're on Rogers already I guess.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
Well, I just placed an order on the store.sony.ca site for the white Z3. Total with tax and $10 express shipping came to $802.29. That settles that. Should get it by the middle of the week.

P.S. Also used ebates for 1.5% cash back which is somethjng like $10 back and offsets the express shipping fee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)