Tags:
None
31 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25661 posts
5844 upvotes
GTHA
Is a Venom movie without Spider-Man a bad idea?

I think so...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17630 posts
1287 upvotes
Maybe they'll do a Flash Thompson Agent Venom that takes place in space for something different.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17630 posts
1287 upvotes
Maybe they should just make a Spider-Gwen or Miles Morales movie instead before doing a Venom one.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10885 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote:
Mar 5th, 2016 1:21 am
Looks like Sony is going to push forward with a Venom movie that isn't tied to MCU or the Holland Spider-Man.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ved-872844

Oh No!!! I thought Avi Arad was out of the entire Spider-Man/Marvel Universe game!!! NOOOOOOO! This is the guy who FORCED Sam Raimi to shoehorn in that pathetic rendition of VENOM in Spider-Man 3....totally messing up Sam's original plans for Spider-Man 3.

I cannot forgive Avi Arad for ruining one of my fave Marvel Anti-Heros like VENOM on screen. And NOW they want to give VENOM to him AGAIN?!!! Are these people INSANE?!?!?

There is only ONE person fit enough to play VENOM on screen and his real name is Brock (as in the comic book's character Eddie Brock)...and he looks like Eddie Brock in real life both face-wise and physically...and that is WWE/MMA Champ BROCK LESNER! To me he will always be the perfect rendition of VENOM on Screen...he just needs to up his Acting skills...because Paul Hayman ain't gonna be there to speak his lines for him...LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
marvel/sony should make a live action spiderman tv show similar to agents of shield that takes place in the MCU. the events of future spiderman movies is acknowledge in the tv show and vice versa. having a tv show helps introduce characters and storylines that can be expanded into the movies.

PS i agree on brock lesnar being a good venom. and cillian murphy or kevin bacon as carnage.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3146 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
brandonl wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 7:35 pm
marvel/sony should make a live action spiderman tv show similar to agents of shield that takes place in the MCU. the events of future spiderman movies is acknowledge in the tv show and vice versa. having a tv show helps introduce characters and storylines that can be expanded into the movies.
I feel like the general public is too fixated on Peter Parker as Spiderman, so they can keep Peter for the movies, but it would be cool to have a concurrent, standalone Miles Morales Spiderman Netflix show to beef up the Defenders team.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
980 upvotes
Vaughan
If Deadpool can survive, Venom can survive. Nothing wrong with a standalone Venom movie, maybe including Carnage in it as well.

As far as casting, God no - Brock Lesnar is not the choice. That's how you get your movie cancelled.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
squadz wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 2:44 pm
If Deadpool can survive, Venom can survive. Nothing wrong with a standalone Venom movie, maybe including Carnage in it as well.

As far as casting, God no - Brock Lesnar is not the choice. That's how you get your movie cancelled.
why not him? you dont need an actor who can act really well for a character who uses his aggression and fists to do most of his talking. looks matter more than acting skill for a character like venom.

i want a dark, gritty spiderman 2099 tv show, that would be sweet.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
980 upvotes
Vaughan
brandonl wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 10:02 pm
why not him? you dont need an actor who can act really well for a character who uses his aggression and fists to do most of his talking. looks matter more than acting skill for a character like venom.

i want a dark, gritty spiderman 2099 tv show, that would be sweet.
I can see you know how to bring in the profits.

Just call the movie Fast and Furious Venom then.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
squadz wrote:
Mar 8th, 2016 6:48 am
I can see you know how to bring in the profits.

Just call the movie Fast and Furious Venom then.
i dont care about profits. what i care about is authenticity to the original material and pleasing the hardcore fans. the casual audience can go F themselves.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
980 upvotes
Vaughan
brandonl wrote:
Mar 8th, 2016 9:24 pm
i dont care about profits. what i care about is authenticity to the original material and pleasing the hardcore fans. the casual audience can go F themselves.
Brock Lesnar, lol, is not authentic for Venom.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2032 posts
497 upvotes
Global Village
I think they should pick a black actor to play Venom for this. Why not John Boyega?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
scoper wrote:
Mar 9th, 2016 1:58 am
I think they should pick a black actor to play Venom for this. Why not John Boyega?
lol omg. eddie brock is white and should be played by a white actor. hes also like 6'3 and probably around 220lbs. you need a guy like that.