• Nov 12th, 2018 11:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: I think they should pick a black actor to play Venom for this. Why not John Boyega?
Piro21 wrote: It's thoughts like this that lead to the power rangers.
"The costume is black so he should be a black guy! The white ranger has to be a white ninja! The costume is yellow so put the Asian girl in it!"
As a compromise, how 'bout an actor with vitiligo?
Scorpionsy wrote: There is only ONE person fit enough to play VENOM...and that is WWE/MMA Champ BROCK LESNER!
brandonl wrote: PS i agree on brock lesnar being a good venom. and cillian murphy or kevin bacon as carnage.
glover78 wrote: I'd be so down for Brock Lesnar playing Venom.
This reminds me of the online suggestions of casting Chyna as Wonder Woman.
So impractical for innumerable reasons even before her death.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote:
This reminds me of the online suggestions of casting Chyna as Wonder Woman.
So impractical for innumerable reasons even before her death.
Why? The guy in the comics is called Eddie BROCK...and this champ is called BROCK Lesner...not only that...BROCK Lesner LITERALLY Looks like the Eddie Brock character facially and body-size/muscular wise. PLUS, Brock is a Wrestler...all he does is ACT like an Angry BEAST in the ring. He acts it well...and he can do it well on screen. He will look even more MASSIVE as Venom in a Live-Action movie since they will enhance the Venom Size with CGI of course. Brock Lesner IS Eddie Brock/Venom...and that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold...er..I mean...Scorpionsy said so!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: too bad the guy is too old.....I think Stephen Lang would be make a good Eddie Brock/Venom....

Dood got buffed in Avatar and has acting chops.....he would make a good Eddie Brock (but old version....lol)....

They can make a female version - call her Lady Venom.....bam! Instanta profit!
Lang is a good actor especailly for tough-looking characters like this..but as you said..he is too old for the role.

Oh, and in the Comics there were female Symbiotes and a Female Venom by the way. The Symbiote suit does not care if it's a man or woman it latches onto....hahaha.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: Maybe they'll do a Flash Thompson Agent Venom that takes place in space for something different.
Noooo...not Captain Commando Venom...although it was a fun storyline...but they need to do the original Venom right time after they butchered him in Spider-Man 3. TOPHER GRACE...What were they THINKING!!!!????
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4547 posts
2620 upvotes
Brock looks absolutely like Eddie Brock when he first debuted. Since he is already jacked and athletic, all you need to do is put a suit on him and let him go wild.

For the venom parts, he fits the part but for the Eddie parts, you do need an actor that can act. He has to convey the emotions of being betrayed by Peter convincely. No studio is going to bankroll an insanely expensive film around a guy who has never acted. The best example I can think of is Triple H in Blade 3, he was absolutely wooden. He cuts great wrestling promos but was horrible in the film.

I am ok with Tom Hardy, while he doesn't have the imposing size of Venom, he is a great actor.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: Ohhhhh...good choice!! Hardy can get buffed like he did for Bane in Dark Knight and he is actually a good actor!
A good actor but better than Brock Lesnar?
Say it ain't so!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Interesting casting. I like Hardy and I think he'll be great.

Brock would've looked the part, but would've been a terrible choice. There's a reason why WWE doesn't allow him to do his own promos, and has Paul Heyman talking for him every time.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Haz wrote: Looks like Sony is going to push forward with a Venom movie that isn't tied to MCU or the Holland Spider-Man.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ved-872844
THR says not this is not a spinoff, it is an offshoot...

"Venom is to usher in a host of movies from Sony's Marvel and Spider-Man-based universe of characters. Sony is rebooting its Marvel-based slate with this summer’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom is a key title in its slate."

from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ct-1004115
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote: If Deadpool can survive, Venom can survive. Nothing wrong with a standalone Venom movie, maybe including Carnage in it as well.
In an article about Sony Marvel projects, it's mentioned that the film will include Carnage
Also mentioned are Kraven and Mysterio projects

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... el-1015408
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1340 posts
322 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
its basically gonna be venom vs carnage and a group of symbiotes but without spiderman.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
brandonly wrote: its basically gonna be venom vs carnage and a group of symbiotes but without spiderman.
A new photo of Tom Hardy as reporter Eddie Brock sheds light on the solo film's plot and antagonists.

Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
Venom was after my comics reading days so it's possible he wore a white bikini top at one time or another

Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
The narrator doesn't sound like Hardy
It's lame they don't show the monster maybe they should've called it "Brock"

Forgot to invoke Sony's mediocre Ghost Riders, so there!
Last edited by jenviea on Feb 8th, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)