• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2010 7:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 12, 2010
5 posts

the source

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S from the source and it bricked. (No rooting involved) it just froze and when i tried to restart it, it would load the S splash screen and just stay black. I brought it in and they told me that there was nothing they could do. He told me i had to contact bell. Well i went to a bell store with a service and parts department and he told me that they should be responsible for items that they sell. So i went back and spoke to the same guy and still nothing. I am over the 14 day return policy and even asking for an exchange was out of the question. Even a store credit which i could put towards a new phone was still not an option. Any advice/help
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7950 posts
1022 upvotes
rtwo wrote:
Sep 13th, 2010 3:49 am
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S from the source and it bricked. (No rooting involved) it just froze and when i tried to restart it, it would load the S splash screen and just stay black. I brought it in and they told me that there was nothing they could do. He told me i had to contact bell. Well i went to a bell store with a service and parts department and he told me that they should be responsible for items that they sell. So i went back and spoke to the same guy and still nothing. I am over the 14 day return policy and even asking for an exchange was out of the question. Even a store credit which i could put towards a new phone was still not an option. Any advice/help

The return policy is over and Bell is responsible for the warranty, you will have to take it up with Bell and press them to do something. I suggest you take it to a Bell store and see what they can do for you, hopefully they are willing to do an on-the-spot exchange if you ask nicely and have lots of lucky...
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30078 posts
1345 upvotes
Fernando Po
Winkle wrote:
Sep 13th, 2010 10:08 am
The return policy is over and Bell is responsible for the warranty, you will have to take it up with Bell and press them to do something. I suggest you take it to a Bell store and see what they can do for you, hopefully they are willing to do an on-the-spot exchange if you ask nicely and have lots of lucky...

Bell? Thought the thing was manufactured by Samsung?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7950 posts
1022 upvotes
hagbard wrote:
Sep 13th, 2010 11:56 am
Bell? Thought the thing was manufactured by Samsung?

Last I heard, warranties for subsidized phones are done through the carrier and not the manufacturer. The manufacturer may take care of it but you'll probably still have to go through the carrier first...
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6033 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
yeah, just go into bell store with the phone and receipt, and tell them it needs to go in for warranty repair. Let them decide if they take care of it of samsung. They should have loaner phones that you can use in the mean time too.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8181 posts
1121 upvotes
The Source is owned by Bell. So they should be just as helpful as they would be at the Bell store, no pun intended :lol: .