Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] The Source - GORILLAPOD VIDEO magnetic TRIPOD $19.96 -Original GorillaPod $14.96

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2012 11:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2909 posts
63 upvotes
Tried it out on my Nex 5n and found it on the heavy side.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1374 upvotes
Kanata
allyourbase wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 6:45 pm
Attach one of these and you can use it with a smartphone:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004CK0 ... ttom_links
Cool! My boys like to make videos with their iPod so this would be real handy.

My store had them clearance priced to $24.99 and $17.99 respectively, but they rang in at the prices above. I ended up getting both models, but am already regretting it a bit. After watching a bunch of video reviews, it seems like having a ball head is pretty critical - especially when shooting off angle (which is what this thing is all about). I may keep the video one for the kids, and keep watching for either the SLR, SLR Zoom or the Hybrid model to go on sale.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1374 upvotes
Kanata
samm wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:12 pm
Tried it out on my Nex 5n and found it on the heavy side.
As in the camera was too heavy for the Joby? That's bad news if so, since my Nex-7 is even heavier and I like to use old Pentax prime lenses via adapter, and they are solid metal and glass...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2909 posts
63 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:48 pm
As in the camera was too heavy for the Joby? That's bad news if so, since my Nex-7 is even heavier and I like to use old Pentax prime lenses via adapter, and they are solid metal and glass...
Yeah. The camera (5N & 18-55) feels too heavy for the Gorrilapod, especially the headend. Tried attaching it to an arm chair and you can see it slowly see it tilting. It's definitely front heavy, so you gotta have 2 legs infront and 1 in the rear.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2640 upvotes
Vancouver
It's good to get the magnetic version if you can. The magnets in the feet are really strong - I've found that it can cling to even a single screw on a vertical wall while holding a pocket camera.

I'm not sure I'd want to take a chance on a cheap knock-off. Everything depends on the strength of the cable through the middle of the leg and the wear resistance of the joints. A failure while holding your SLR could be catastrophic!
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
Sweet, might have to stop by my local Source after work.
Been looking to get one of these!
× < >