Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

The Source: HAIER 50E3500 50” 1080P LED HDTV - BLACK for $399

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2015 4:31 pm
Tags:
None
24 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
better get it at Costco ( same price )and get the 5 year warranty for $29
Oct 3, 2015
902 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
stephroll wrote: better get it at Costco ( same price )and get the 5 year warranty for $29
Costco website does not have the tv. They might have it in store but I think The Source is the better place to buy from.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
costco has 90 days no hassle refund policy... no where is better to buy from than Costco.
TheMadMax wrote: Costco website does not have the tv. They might have it in store but I think The Source is the better place to buy from.
Oct 3, 2015
902 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
mic2074 wrote: costco has 90 days no hassle refund policy... no where is better to buy from than Costco.
You don't have to pay for a membership to shop at The Source
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2008
1244 posts
2129 upvotes
Somewhere Ontario
apparently it is 299 now at costco....

i do think at this price, it is tempting (no costco where i live). I'm not as hesitant buying no name tv since my no name tv i have in the living room for my dad has lasted almost 7 years now..
Oct 7, 2012
76 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Looked for some reviews and people are saying the sound quality is shockingly bad. Just mentioning it cause I would've loved a 50' TV for $460 tax-in.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
TheMadMax wrote: You don't have to pay for a membership to shop at The Source
But you have to deal with grimy Bell Canada & Virgin salespeople.

No, I don't want your dirty flip phone. I'm here for headphones.
Never trust someone who tells you that their favourite show is Corner Gas.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
depends how much ppl value hassle free... Costco will cover TV's up to two years with warranty - you call Costco, they will send someone out to fix it for you. The Source, you have to go through the manufacturer for their 1 yr only warranty.

Extra 3 yr extended warranty is $90 at the Source... extra 3 yrs at Costco is only $30. I know this is not a high end TV, but if I was to buy a $1000 TV, I would gladly pay the $55 annual Costco membership.

One thing I'm not certain about, is whether you have to remain a Costco member to have the warranty in good standing.... if someone can chime in, that'd be great.
TheMadMax wrote: You don't have to pay for a membership to shop at The Source
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes
Thebutter wrote: Looked for some reviews and people are saying the sound quality is shockingly bad. Just mentioning it cause I would've loved a 50' TV for $460 tax-in.
Do you prefer to pay over $200 for an LG or another top brand just to get marginally better sound from TV speakers? Chances are even with top brands you might get a decent set of speakers or a soundbar.
So take your $200 that you saved and get way better sound than you would with better sounding TV speakers on another TV
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
hesho wrote: apparently it is 299 now at costco....

i do think at this price, it is tempting (no costco where i live). I'm not as hesitant buying no name tv since my no name tv i have in the living room for my dad has lasted almost 7 years now..
Where do you see this??
Sep 12, 2007
610 posts
337 upvotes
Ottawa
Which Costco? My local Costco doesn't have this model.

hesho wrote: apparently it is 299 now at costco....

Oct 31, 2010
914 posts
812 upvotes
Edmonton
acekiller wrote: Where do you see this??
Someone mentioned it in the <50" TV Black Friday megathread and a few other people confirmed the price at a few different locations. Sounds like it the last of their stock though so probably very YMMV at this point.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
1735 posts
1017 upvotes
ElHoardo wrote: But you have to deal with grimy Bell Canada & Virgin salespeople.

No, I don't want your dirty flip phone. I'm here for headphones.
So True !

@299.00 from Costco this deal would be super hot but sounds like ymmv?
Heatware: 56-0-0
Sep 10, 2011
84 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
299 sounds good. No Costco close.

How does this compare to the walmart RCA for 378? - Black Friday
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1375 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
mic2074 wrote: One thing I'm not certain about, is whether you have to remain a Costco member to have the warranty in good standing.... if someone can chime in, that'd be great.
Also wondering this as I'm looking to purchase a few tvs this week. I would think you wouldnt as you've paid for the warranty already but I don't know.
Sep 22, 2010
337 posts
199 upvotes
Milton
At my local Costco in Mississauga/ Oakville in Dundas

50" Haier is $399
55" is $499
65" is posted on their website as $849 dude said it should be $799 in store if u can find stock, none at this location
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
methyl wrote: Do you prefer to pay over $200 for an LG or another top brand just to get marginally better sound from TV speakers? Chances are even with top brands you might get a decent set of speakers or a soundbar.
So take your $200 that you saved and get way better sound than you would with better sounding TV speakers on another TV
This. With the thinner & thinner bezels sound quality has gotten atrocious from stock speakers even in a higher end TV.
Oct 7, 2012
76 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Pauly Boy wrote: This. With the thinner & thinner bezels sound quality has gotten atrocious from stock speakers even in a higher end TV.
Do you two have any sound bar recommendations?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)