Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2078 posts
293 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Oct 10th, 2012 4:42 pm
do you even know what we're talking about?

we're referring to the wellknown practice of source employees putting piles of games on hold, for months or even years, without paying a cent and just waiting for the prices to drop. that's not only unethical but it's against company policy to do this but they still do. so in many source stores, these hold-piles sit hidden in the back for months and months while the games drop from $20 to $15 to $10 to $5 and then once it hits 96 cents the manager then buys it himself.

that's far worse than hoarding and it's really theft or misappropriation of stock
Ok, and you know this how?

I'm sure a small number do it, but it must be easy to prove the issue is widespread since it's a "wellknown practice".

If they do this, it's a shame, but I don't think it's eliminating all stock. I still thinks that's mostly hoarders. The two downtown Toronto stores close to me apparently had lineups of more people than there was stock to get this game. Not proof of hoarding, of course, but shows that thanks to RFD, games are snapped up ASAP. I'd say that's more than likely the explanation than every Source having shady employees.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15351 posts
1585 upvotes
Toronto
Just got a copy PMd at my friendly neighbourhood futureshop ;)
Selling Feng Shui Crane Coin (See Avatar) - $80 - PM!
Nov 23, 2007
342 posts
21 upvotes
LMAO Posting a thread like this is a hoarder MAGNET. The amount of Killzone 3 ads on Kijiji, ebay, and even here on the BST forum increased exponentially!

Even Devillzz is admitting to trying to flip it for ~$13
RedFlagSTEALS: 2015 - nothing major....yet ;)
[OP]
Banned
Dec 3, 2010
2615 posts
383 upvotes
Sarnia
Persuade wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 1:15 am
LMAO Posting a thread like this is a hoarder MAGNET. The amount of Killzone 3 ads on Kijiji, ebay, and even here on the BST forum increased exponentially!

Even Devillzz is admitting to trying to flip it for ~$13
The first copy I just traded in to EB Games / GameStop for $5+ credit but then realized I should be able to get more so this 2nd copy I am going to patient with it trying to sell it.
Money = evil
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2019 posts
174 upvotes
Since I don't currently own any of the games, I will just wait until the trilogy set drops in price.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2131 posts
880 upvotes
dbdudley wrote:
Oct 10th, 2012 10:24 pm
Ok, and you know this how?

I'm sure a small number do it, but it must be easy to prove the issue is widespread since it's a "wellknown practice".

If they do this, it's a shame, but I don't think it's eliminating all stock. I still thinks that's mostly hoarders. The two downtown Toronto stores close to me apparently had lineups of more people than there was stock to get this game. Not proof of hoarding, of course, but shows that thanks to RFD, games are snapped up ASAP. I'd say that's more than likely the explanation than every Source having shady employees.
I didn't know about this and also was of the opinion that employees were more deserving to buy these at the low prices. What I did find annoying is that their website always shows stock of at least 1, sometimes 2 almost every time. This permanent phantom stock for almost every game is probably an indication of the practice described by JackWhyte. I find it very hard to believe that so many games get stolen when they guard the games behind the counter so it's almost impossible to look at them. This is why I only ever go there for the crazy clearances/to buy possible qualifiers, I'd never go there for an average price: they make game buying too hard. Even worse, at one store I've gone to, they take the games out of the boxes and then put the boxes behind the counter, making it really terrible to buy there.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2007
4943 posts
894 upvotes
GP Legend wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 2:09 am
Since I don't currently own any of the games, I will just wait until the trilogy set drops in price.
This.
Singh_21 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 7:53 pm
Georgetown definately has racist elements living there but as a brown person it hardly affects me because I have no intentions to move there and I doubt anyone from visible minority is lining up there to buy a house. Georgetown is for people on white flight.
Dec 30, 2010
965 posts
133 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 8:55 am
This.
Yeah. I was waiting for this, to play it from start to finish like most of my games. Can't wait for Killzone HD.
Jan 1, 2008
849 posts
130 upvotes
Blainville
Wow some people on kijiji are selling this game for 60$
Dec 14, 2008
475 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 12:40 am
Just got a copy PMd at my friendly neighbourhood futureshop ;)
The Brampton East location denied me a price match - what good is their policy if they don't even honor it?
Jun 2, 2010
437 posts
195 upvotes
Newmarket
shingor6 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 9:33 am
Wow some people on kijiji are selling this game for 60$
They're crazy, the game retails for $20 everywhere and the trilogy collection will cost $40.
Oct 22, 2011
151 posts
19 upvotes
Quebec
Yesterday at 5 pm I went to The Source in Quebec city (Lebourgneuf), I asked for Killzone 3, the guy told me he bought it when he saw the price drop. He told me that 5 people before me asked for this game. He asked how we knew about this, I told him I saw it on an english forum I follow. I was shocked when he asked me : Is that game that good, because people keep coming in asking for it !? I told him : It's because it's 96 cents, but yeah it's a good game if I believe the reviews about it... (I was like: why did you buy it if you don't care for it... because it's 96 cents! I can't blame him :P)
× < >