Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] The Source: MIBOOK clearance at $35.96, can be used as a video player

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2009 1:03 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 28, 2007
308 posts
13 upvotes
maxpowers wrote:
Oct 1st, 2009 8:32 am
You figured out how to do fast forward or search? Please do share.
yeah while you are playing the video, press enter/play on the remote, on the bottom of the screen, there's a couple of icons, fast forward and rewind are two of the icons on there..
Mar 27, 2006
844 posts
117 upvotes
grantz wrote:
Sep 30th, 2009 11:43 pm
Can this be used as an eBook reader?
It's not intended as an ebook reader. It is a lcd backlite screen and as such is harder on the eyes than e-ink found in most readers.

It is meant to be a portable video player to use to play reference videos for cooking or other projects.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1408 posts
63 upvotes
toronto
oh man i was hoping to view some avi files on this thing..to bad...
Jan 2, 2006
627 posts
22 upvotes
mushroom wrote:
Oct 1st, 2009 9:06 am
yeah while you are playing the video, press enter/play on the remote, on the bottom of the screen, there's a couple of icons, fast forward and rewind are two of the icons on there..
I will try this as soon as I get home. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
78 upvotes
I think it's a pretty good little gadget for $40. I threw an 8GB card in there with a season of Battlestar on it and it works well enough for that. You get what you pay for.

The speakers are actually quite loud so it's pretty good for a cottage stereo or something if you load a bunch of mp3's onto the card.

If you want stunning video quality go with a Zune HD or a Cowon S9 or something.
Jan 2, 2006
627 posts
22 upvotes
dougmania wrote:
Oct 1st, 2009 9:34 am
is there video input so i can attach my xbox?
No input and output, just a jack for headphones
Apr 28, 2004
78 posts
8 upvotes
Does anybody know MiBook play .MP3 out of box? Thanks.
Nov 24, 2006
248 posts
14 upvotes
Winnipeg
Picked one up. Is there any info about hacking this thing out there? Could be a great little device if the software can be opened up a bit.
Jan 26, 2005
757 posts
98 upvotes
cnyouyou wrote:
Oct 1st, 2009 3:00 pm
Does anybody know MiBook play .MP3 out of box? Thanks.
Havent opened mine yet, but from a review:
The miBook can also be used as a traditional PMP, and is compatible with MP3, WAV, and WMA audio, DivX, MPEG-4, and WMV video, and BMP and JPEG images (which can be rotated and zoomed in up to 5X).
Apr 28, 2004
78 posts
8 upvotes
Keithsindiapaleale wrote:
Oct 1st, 2009 3:05 pm
Havent opened mine yet, but from a review:
is compatible with MP3, WAV, and WMA audio
I'm expecting someone can confirm this.
Jan 2, 2006
627 posts
22 upvotes
cnyouyou wrote:
Oct 1st, 2009 3:14 pm
I'm expecting someone can confirm this.
I can confirm MP3 works, not sure about WMA
[OP]
Dec 21, 2006
550 posts
237 upvotes
brunes wrote:
Sep 30th, 2009 10:36 pm
IMO it is perfectly fine to re-post an expired deal, the mods should not have moved it to expired if it still exists (which this does, two at my local store even)

For someone who has one - I am more concerned about battery life than video quality. How long will this play a video for off an SD card? I am thinking it would be great for a plane ride vs. getting out big laptop.
It's a 2600mAh battery. Haven't played it until it dries up, and no battery left indicator, but it shouldn't be a problem with 2+ hours.
Nov 24, 2006
248 posts
14 upvotes
Winnipeg
I can't find any info out there on how to hack this thing.

When I hook it up to my computer via USB, I get a few new drives pop up, but there doesn't seem to be any access to the unit's own internal memory. I'm quite sure they made the firmware upgradeable. But how can you access it?

There's gotta be some enterprising RFDer out there who can figure it out... Just like the Curtis GPS unit.

A hack of this thing would be awesome...

Any ideas?
Apr 20, 2005
265 posts
3 upvotes
gojetsgo wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 2:15 am
I can't find any info out there on how to hack this thing.

When I hook it up to my computer via USB, I get a few new drives pop up, but there doesn't seem to be any access to the unit's own internal memory. I'm quite sure they made the firmware upgradeable. But how can you access it?

There's gotta be some enterprising RFDer out there who can figure it out... Just like the Curtis GPS unit.

A hack of this thing would be awesome...

Any ideas?
I think you're confusing this for a WinCE device, which I'm pretty sure it's not. I don't think it has any builtin memory and any custom firmware might be tough.
× < >