Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

OPEN Box HP E1-6010 desktop $76 after coupons

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2016 7:16 am
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1084 posts
532 upvotes
konsensei wrote: Placed an order when this thread started. Received it on Tuesday.
Turned on the computer on Wednesday, upgraded to windows 10.
Swap HDD for SSD last night.

THIS THING IS QUIET!!!
Gonna look for a ram stick to make it at least 8GB. Anyone knows what the max ram it can do?
The A4 will do 16Gb for sure. I put in 2x8GB to check but its not staying there as its a bit of a waste. Going to get a 120GB cheapy SSD and try windows 10 on it.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1886 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
The wifi on A4 for my open box seems to be really really weak.

Also when it starts up there is a beep sound, do any of you have that?

Using crystal disk - it is brand new in Hdd only on for less than 3 hours

Edit - Nevermind about the wifi - didn't realize i have to put on the two antenna! Thought I got a lemo!
Dec 16, 2009
376 posts
159 upvotes
Hamilton
I signed up twice. No coupon. Called help desk.no coupon. Even spoke to a help desk manager. no coupon.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
azybcxrfd wrote: The wifi on A4 for my open box seems to be really really weak.

Also when it starts up there is a beep sound, do any of you have that?

Using crystal disk - it is brand new in Hdd only on for less than 3 hours
The beep is a throwback from the DOS days when that way your only source of sound. Not sure why it was added, but I got a kick out of it. My A6-6310 had wifi, which was meh, but it also has bluetooth, which I appreciate. 64 bit bluetooth devices are not easy to come by, so it is good to have it included.

In all extremely happy with my purchase. Goes well with the $99 22 inch monitor I bought a few month ago, also at the source.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
hank hill wrote: I signed up twice. No coupon. Called help desk.no coupon. Even spoke to a help desk manager. no coupon.
Strange I got one last night. No problem. Used it right away. Did you try a different device and email?
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
hank hill wrote: I signed up twice. No coupon. Called help desk.no coupon. Even spoke to a help desk manager. no coupon.
Hey Hank Hill, use gmail, worked for me, but only after a trick. I posted previously in this forum,
"I was waiting and waiting for the coupon without getting it. Then I read on another forum to modify my email address. For example, if my email address was myname@gmail.com, add a period it in somewhere, so I would use my.name@gmail.com. Within seconds I received the $25 coupon code. I think the longer your gmail address, the more spots to move the period around and the more coupons you can get."

The coupon code went to my regular gmail account, without the extra period in it.
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
Ordered my system on the 7th long before it was sold out. Just checked the order status online again, still not shipped. This stinks. I'm starting to think my order will not be filled, unless someone sends one back. If they would just tell me it's shipped or my order is cancelled so I can look for something else. The free Windows 10 upgrade is time sensitive.
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
No email, but I looked online today for the order status, after 11 days, now shows as CANCELLED.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
Nanodollars wrote: The A4 will do 16Gb for sure. I put in 2x8GB to check but its not staying there as its a bit of a waste. Going to get a 120GB cheapy SSD and try windows 10 on it.
What were your ram? I got a couple sticks of Kingston 4gb PCL3-12800 each to make it 8GB but the computer wouldn't power on, at all.

I looked at the original 4gb stick, it's PCL3L-12800. Could it be why?

Now I'm mixing 1 stick of the new Kingston and original stick. It boots up and say 8gb ram, only 6.93gb available (1gb for on board video card?).
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1886 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Even after putting the antennas on A4, the wifi signal still weak compared to my other laptops. Any suggestion to increase the signals? Anyone else find the same?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
I know that the thread is expired, and I had already thanked, but I wanted to say thanks to the OP. I ended up getting a new Acer ER41first and then grabbed a $75 open box HP 239 later when a few units trickled in at the end. My open box was re-taped, but otherwise completely factory new. Much better than I expected.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
anyone tried to put LAN PCI?
the built-in LAN port is not true Gigabit, internet speed is only 150-200 mbps while my laptop's wifi can go more than 200 mbps
Mine is A6

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)