Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

The Source - Samsung MU6300 55” 4K UHD Smart TV - Open Box $575 (With PSP)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2018 3:33 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes

The Source - Samsung MU6300 55” 4K UHD Smart TV - Open Box $575 (With PSP)

Very tempted to pick one up even though I dont need it, not really anyway, not again...
At any rate price to performance looks pretty good.

Link

65 in stock as of this post.
Last edited by Don DiGuapo on Jun 16th, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
22 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2534 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
This or vizio e series from costco
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote: $550.99 with psp discount.
Actually no, its $575 with the PSP discount included, I forgot to put that in the OP, thanks for reminding me.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1310 posts
1427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am also getting $550.99 with PSP.

This TV may be good for gaming but for other stuff such as movies, it is not that good compared to Vizio M55. Also, does Canada have an unlimited supply of MU6300's? This is a 2016 TV isn't it? We need better TV's on sale like the US gets.
-
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
SureshA720227 wrote: This is a 2016 TV isn't it? We need better TV's on sale like the US gets.
Order from the US. Canada is perpetually behind the 8-ball on new electronics.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 19, 2003
203 posts
33 upvotes
Does this thing do 120hz @ 4K if I connect my PC for some gaming?
Dec 27, 2015
302 posts
403 upvotes
Nepean, ON
omeo wrote: Does this thing do 120hz @ 4K if I connect my PC for some gaming?
Nope, 60hz @ 4K.

I'm using a 43" as a monitor for my desktop.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1310 posts
1427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: Order from the US. Canada is perpetually behind the 8-ball on new electronics.
I am seriously thinking of going that route. Do you have idea about customs and shipping charges if I ship it to crossborderpickups? I would like to evaluate if I save money at all.
-
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
SureshA720227 wrote: I am seriously thinking of going that route. Do you have idea about customs and shipping charges if I ship it to crossborderpickups? I would like to evaluate if I save money at all.
While NAFTA is still in effect, you should be paying the equivalent of HST/GST on top of the translated cost of electronics. You may have to pay for shipping twice though.

I still save money despite that.

The only catch is how the warranty is treated in Canada, or whether they even convert it to Canada. Some folks maintain a US warranty by forwarding it to their US shipper to be sent to the US repair facility.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1310 posts
1427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: While NAFTA is still in effect, you should be paying the equivalent of HST/GST on top of the translated cost of electronics. You may have to pay for shipping twice though.

I still save money despite that.

The only catch is how the warranty is treated in Canada, or whether they even convert it to Canada. Some folks maintain a US warranty by forwarding it to their US shipper to be sent to the US repair facility.
Thanks for the reply. What did you buy and how much was it? Because AFAIK NAFTA only applies to goods manufactured in North America. For example, Sony TV's are manufactured in Mexico. I am looking to buy a decent Samsung (MU9000, KS8000 or newer) because Sony has Android TV OS which I don't like to duplicate as I have bought Nvidia Shield recently.
-
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
I bought a Lenovo Flex 5 from the US through CBP.
Dec 18, 2011
578 posts
645 upvotes
Quebec, QC
what about those open box, any chance to get a panel with dead pixel ? is the tv still have a 1 year warranty with samsung ?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1792 posts
1179 upvotes
Eastern Canada
To bad it's a Open box..
But Thanks OP
Last edited by fonzy35 on Jun 16th, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12211 posts
2948 upvotes
Unless you use it as a PC monitor, I wouldn't worry too much about bad pixel, it is covered by warranty. You should worry about the panel was a display model which can significantly degrade the panel life and brightness. 65 in-stock, how many stores do The Source has in Canada? Great deal otherwise.

I got an open box Samsung LCD monitor a few years ago. It has a cluster of bad pixel near the center. The panel was pretty worn out too, quite obvious that it is not just a return within 30 days. Luckily it was covered by warranty and the repair shop replaced the panel with a new one.
Daewoo wrote: what about those open box, any chance to get a panel with dead pixel ? is the tv still have a 1 year warranty with samsung ?
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
redflagdealsguy wrote: Order from the US. Canada is perpetually behind the 8-ball on new electronics.
Canada is the dumping ground for old, over-priced TVs.
Mar 15, 2005
358 posts
209 upvotes
Mississauga
How do you get psp discount? Can anyone get this?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
82 wrote: You should worry about the panel was a display model which can significantly degrade the panel life and brightness. 65 in-stock, how many stores do The Source has in Canada?
I buy some open-box stuff from the Source, but never TVs, as those puppies are blaring away all day, people poking and touching the screens with their greasy fingers, fooling with controls, hammering the buttons, etc. - plus the size and weight does not make it worth it to haul a POS return back to the store.
Jun 19, 2011
151 posts
212 upvotes
SureshA720227 wrote: I am also getting $550.99 with PSP.

This TV may be good for gaming but for other stuff such as movies, it is not that good compared to Vizio M55. Also, does Canada have an unlimited supply of MU6300's? This is a 2016 TV isn't it? We need better TV's on sale like the US gets.
Good luck finding stock of the M55-E0 now though...
Jan 19, 2003
203 posts
33 upvotes
slava86 wrote: Nope, 60hz @ 4K.

I'm using a 43" as a monitor for my desktop.
That's even if I use a Display Link Connection?