• Dec 22nd, 2017 3:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton

Source for Xbox digital downloads?

Hi guys,

My kids want a digital version of COD WWII. Is there any source for this other than Microsoft? They still want full price for the digital download version.

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
You can get download cards for certain games from best buy however they don't go on sale like the physical counterparts.

You can also order digital versions from amazon but they also dont go on sale.

For certain games you can order download codes from third party sites like www.cdkeys.com but these are mostly specific to games bundled with systems and are very ymmv.

The best thing to do if your set on digital is get a gift card for xbox store credit from costco (50$ gift card is 45$) and wait until it goes on sale which will likely be on the 26th. It'll usually match retail at this point, I'm guessing it can be had for 50$ for the Xbox store at that point.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
Get gift card from costco.ca, set your address to Alberta and then wait for holiday sale.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately it's a Christmas present so I can't wait until the 26th :-(.

Never considered the Alberta angle. Is it as simple as changing the address on my xbox profile before purchasing?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
oIIIIIo wrote: Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately it's a Christmas present so I can't wait until the 26th :-(.

Never considered the Alberta angle. Is it as simple as changing the address on my xbox profile before purchasing?
I think the first time you set up your payment method, you have to enter your billing address. Thats what I did with my Calgary address like 4 years ago and even after I moved back to Ontario, they still only charge me 5% GST.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1597 posts
4147 upvotes
oIIIIIo wrote: Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately it's a Christmas present so I can't wait until the 26th :-(.

The Xbox Live holiday sale starts today.
"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Youff1 wrote: The Xbox Live holiday sale starts today.
Yup, looks like CoD WW2 specifically is 25% off
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton
Youff1 wrote: The Xbox Live holiday sale starts today.
Perfect timing - thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5351 posts
2459 upvotes
oIIIIIo wrote: My kids want a digital version of COD WWII. Is there any source for this other than Microsoft? They still want full price for the digital download version.
Not sure this is a Microsoft thing. Activision is known for never discounting any Call of Duty game more than 20-25% no matter how old the game is.