[spccard.ca] SPC card: double discount on National Shopping Day, Sept 26th

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2009 10:44 pm
Feb 22, 2004
799 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
looks like some stores pulled out.
no more double discount deal at hockey experts, sportchek, national sports, sportmart.
dangit
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
i don't get the discount for Sportchek

$10off any $50+
$10off any $100+

there's no incentive to combine purchases to top up $100+, and in fact all the more reason to try to split up for $50+ purchases
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Feb 14, 2005
658 posts
12 upvotes
mahjongmaniac wrote:
Sep 17th, 2009 3:49 am
i don't get the discount for Sportchek

$10off any $50+
$10off any $100+

there's no incentive to combine purchases to top up $100+, and in fact all the more reason to try to split up for $50+ purchases
looks like they're not even on the list anymore... check the link..
Sep 20, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
Can anyone confirm whether Guess will be participating in this one day event?
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11898 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
Sweetie.z wrote:
Sep 21st, 2009 7:56 pm
Can anyone confirm whether Guess will be participating in this one day event?
Guess is listed on the list off the SPC website, so I would assume they would be participating.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Sep 21st, 2009 11:00 pm
Guess is listed on the list off the SPC website, so I would assume they would be participating.
what's unfortunate for us is that SPC no longer gives shopping cards for Guess now... :( (i miss their GCs that was once offered--- actual gift cards, not coupons or cash cards w/ expiry dates)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3732 posts
127 upvotes
are there restrictions on certain items on champs or footlocker?
would the 30% off work on jordans?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3732 posts
127 upvotes
does the 30% work on tapout/silverstar shirts at champs + footlocker?
Oct 31, 2005
537 posts
112 upvotes
Called the Guess store at Richmond Centre in BC and they said they are only participating in the SPC National Discount Day (ie.once a yr only) and that they no longer accept SPC on an everyday basis. So if you're gonna shop, better make it on the 26th!
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11898 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
Just An Update

"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2004
4929 posts
895 upvotes
Skip2MyLou wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2009 7:07 pm
does the 30% work on tapout/silverstar shirts at champs + footlocker?
Footlocker has an extensive list of exclusions. Last year, they would not honour the discount on baby Puma shoes which I am sure there is a HUGE markup on. $50-$60 for 5" long shoes... come on FL, don't even bother using SPC there ever.

Also, BOO to Sportchek and Sportmart pulling out. Was waiting to pickup new hockey gloves and elbow pads this year.
Dec 17, 2008
14 posts
Toronto
Just went to Aeropostale at the waterloo location (Fairview Mall) and they are participating in the double discount on national shopping day. I suggest SPC update their list to reflect all the stores who are truly participating.

I read the review on last year's double discount day and not all the stores participating even knew about it. So who knows whether the stores listed on the site are actually gonna give the double discount.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2289 posts
177 upvotes
Just thought I'd post about the nonsense over at ESPRIT. Had the SPC National Day promo sign at the case and then denied the extra SPC 30% on items saying that "promotion" items don't qualify - "promotion" items don't fall into reg. or sale categories for them. LAME Esprit ... lame.

On a plus note, my wife bought some stuff at Suzy Shier (buy 1 get 2nd at 1/2 price) and they gave the extra 20% off the 1st item with no problem.
× < >