Cell Phones

Speakout data and android... calling all users for tips/tricks.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2016 9:55 am
Tags:
None
Oct 27, 2009
22 posts
1 upvote
I reinstalled the program and made a decent quality call over data, but could do anything after that. I had tried the goam.com only APN before the reinstall, but I guess the combination of the two works. I don't know how I made the call as I know I was using data.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7170 posts
699 upvotes
Snuupy wrote:
Nov 7th, 2012 8:41 pm
They can't, no firewall can, unless they use deep packet inspection or sniff our traffic (which as far as I know is illegal). This means that it's hard for them to detect all sources of bypassing this (there'll always be new servers, new methods)
it is not too difficult to block it or rendering it basically useless for VPN type usage, they just do not bother.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4874 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 1:05 am
If they actually do block It Speakout/Petro Can would die, Lol. Pretty sure majority of the subscribers are using the UMB feature.
You underestimate the amount of drug dealers who use SO/PC, lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
2839 posts
137 upvotes
Does the APN internet.com work for anyone right now?
Aug 9, 2007
426 posts
141 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 11:27 pm
That's also true, Lol.
Drug dealers, Scammers, Etc.
Times are tough. They have put their criminal activities on hold while trying to figure out how to get more Apps working on UMB so they can save a few bucks a month.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1541 upvotes
scarberia
if you use apn internet.com instead of goam.com would that drain your acount prepaid $$$ balance on speakout ?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Oct 26, 2005
110 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton
I've searched and no luck finding info...

old phone: iphone 3gs, locked to rogers, not jailbroken.
new phone: samsung s2x, koodo phone unlocked, not rooted.

on the iphone using Speakout UMB I was able to view short videos on youtube app, a few minutes of Ustream, pics in the kijiji app, pics in Facebook. On the s2x I can't... why would that be? Are the android apps using a different method of getting the info from the internet and it's blocked by SO?

Thanks for any info/help.
Oct 26, 2005
110 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton
The phone works fine for web browsing using UMB. Just those apps dont work properly... but did on the iphone, so I was surprised and wonder why.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44283 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
andrew-4ce wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 3:27 pm
The phone works fine for web browsing using UMB. Just those apps dont work properly... but did on the iphone, so I was surprised and wonder why.
Like which apps? You might need a proxy for that.
Regardless Speakout UMB Is more friendly towards Android than iOS. I'm surprised you're having problems.
Oct 26, 2005
110 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 3:34 pm
Like which apps? You might need a proxy for that.
Regardless Speakout UMB Is more friendly towards Android than iOS. I'm surprised you're having problems.
I said in my post: speakout-data-android-calling-all-users ... st15745047

"on the iphone using Speakout UMB I was able to view short videos on youtube app, a few minutes of Ustream, pics in the kijiji app, pics in Facebook. On the s2x I can't... why would that be? Are the android apps using a different method of getting the info from the internet and it's blocked by SO?"